Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Question What rides do you NEVER go on and why?

(1) The teacups. I get queasy just watching them. I understand there are maniacs who not only do this ride but spin the wheel as fast as they can to superspin, and indeed that there's one cup in particular that is supposed to be the megasuperspinner.

(2) Space Mountain. After riding it, my wife was so barfed out that she had to go back to the hotel. I came through it OK, except that in the dark I couldn't ancitipate the turns, so got outer-space-whiplash.

(3) Thunder Mountain RR: After she went back to the hotel, I did TMRR, which barfed me out so that I had to go back to the hotel too.

(4) I finally got the nerve to to Flash, er, Splash Mountain, but sat on the hard seat so that my tailbone resonated like a tuning fork when the logboat hit the bottom of the big drop. Limped around for the next two weeks. I'd do it again, but only sitting very carefully!

No problem with the elevators in the Hollywood Tower Hotel, though I wouldn't recommend them right after lunch. Survived the Temple of Mara so far, but I do wish that just once someone in the transport wouldn't look at Mara so that we could all leave with armloads of gold & jewels instead of ... snakes, why did it have to be snakes!?
    ______
    Rachane

Re: What rides do you NEVER go on and why?

Autopia's the big one I tend to avoid. Just not interested. Little cars like that were fun when I was a kid, but it's lost its appeal now that I drive for real. I don't go on Gadget's Go-Coaster because I don't fit. And I avoid the Matterhorn now that it has the weird seats that hurt me. Pretty much everything else is fair game, I think. Subs- been on it, not interested in repeating. Would have been more interesting if it had been Nemo's world, and more than just a retelling of the movie.

I also avoid water rides; don't like water. I usually have my good camera with me, and it doesn't much like water, either.
    Last edited by alphabassetgrrl; 08-29-2014 at 05:40 PM.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

I avoid Gadgets simply because the wait is not worth a 20 second ride. I also avoid the subs because they put me to sleep every time I ride them, and they also make me claustrophobic.

• world class bilge rat

Just about any thrill ride.

I don't like being upside-down, inside-out or any of that type of stuff. Just give me a nice easy slow ride and I'll be the happiest guy on the planet.

• Substitute Princess

Although it's popular, I avoid Peter Pan.
    I'm a big thrill seeker, but for some reason, Peter Pan creeps me out and terrifies me much more than Tower of Terror or California Screamin'. The ship pitching forward in the dark into the Pirate Skull just about spooked me enough to skip the snaking line every time I visit.

• The doctor is in

1. Teacups

I have vertigo and equilibrium issues, so while I can tolerate the feeling other rides give me I cannot tolerate the teacups. I rode it as an experiment to see if I could handle them without actively spinning myself more and I had to sit on a bench for 15min to get my balance back. It was hard to even open my eyes for a minute or so.

2. Tower of Terror

Fear of heights and I don't like big drops like that.

3. California Screamin'

Rollercoasters scare me. I don't see myself ever gaining the courage to step foot on this ride.

3. Autopia

Waste of time, imo. If I feel like driving I can drive my own car without having to wait 30min to buckle my seatbelt.

4. Peter Pan's Flight

If I'm with someone who really wants to ride it I will go on it, but if I have any say I won't even go near the line. The wait time isn't worth it and I've never been a big fan of Peter Pan.

5. It's a Small World

Words don't describe how much I hate this ride. I didn't even like it as a kid.
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

• Minion

I will not go on these at all.

1. Mickey's fun wheel aka Mickeys death wheel. I hate ferris wheels to begin with, so its just of no interest to me.

2. Tower of Terror, went on it once and was sore for days, only ride that actually causes me physical discomfort, and I don't really like the drop to begin with.

3. Everything in Toon Town except Rogers ride.

I won't go on the following if I have to wait more then 20 minutes as to me, the ride is not worth a long wait.

Tea cups, autopia, peter pan

• Perfect Insanity

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    2. Tower of Terror

Fear of heights and I don't like big drops like that.

3. California Screamin'

Rollercoasters scare me. I don't see myself ever gaining the courage to step foot on this ride.
    I won't do Tower for that reason myself. I hate heights and am not into that feeling it would give when it drops. At the same time I have been able to do the Jellyfish one but it isn't as high and I can handle that one.
    I never thought I would do Screamin. Its the only coaster I have ever gone on that has a loop but once was enough for me. I think if I wasn't banged around so much I might have wanted to do it again but I felt like my head was tossed all over on it. So that is one I never do.
    I only do Goofy's if I have to with one of my kids but they are old enough (the youngest doesn't do those rides yet) to go alone.
    Mickey's Fun Wheel is another I won't do because of heights.
    I've actually never been on the Swings either. I don't care where those things are I just feel iffy about them.
    In DL I won't do the canoes. I don't know how to swim and am scared to death it would tip over. Yes I know the chances are slim on that but it freaks me out since that thought is in my head.
    I won't do Splash unless I would have to. I think last time I rode it my boys were little and it was for them.
    If it counts I do not like Tarzan's Treehouse. My knee hates stairs.
    I will do everything else though.
    Princess Anna

Mom To
    Video Game Player-Noah (6/5/98)
    &
    Baseball Player, 2 times All Stars Basketball Player & All Net Champ -Kaleb (3/8/02)
    &
    Ballerina Princess Skylar (9/21/06)
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

Autopia - not magical.

Teacups - not special, too carnival.

Gadgets - Too short and seldom in TT

Dumbo - too carnival

Carousel - too common

DCA - DL is waaay better
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Grizzly River Run. I hate rides where you get wet. I barely tolerate Splash Mountain (I've gone on that one maybe 3 times in the last 10 years).

I think I've pretty much been on every ride besides GRR and the swing ride (I'm terrified I'll get stuck in the seat).

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Mickey's Fun Wheel is another I won't do because of heights.
    I've actually never been on the Swings either. I don't care where those things are I just feel iffy about them.
    I forgot about those. I haven't been on either of those and never plan on going on them.
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Star Tours and Soarin'. I have ridden both once. That was enough. I am not a fan of motion simulators.

Wink Re: What rides do you NEVER go on and why?

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    2. Tower of Terror: Fear of heights and I don't like big drops like that.
    Shortly before DCA officially opened, Club 33 had a private preview, which included a trip down the ToT. Then we had coffee & dessert with the Imagineers who designed it. They said, "We've gotten almost all of the bugs worked out of it." Thanks, guys! Interestingly it's not a free-fall drop, but is 100% on hydraulics, which just mimic free-fall. They also said that when they tried more than one elevator simultaneously, they blew out Anaheim's power grid because of the draw. So only one of the elevators at a time.

5. It's a Small World: Words don't describe how much I hate this ride. I didn't even like it as a kid.
    Someone once said you should issue every rider a basket of tennis balls to throw duering it.
    ______
    Rachane

• Minion

I'm confused by the above post, because DCA officially opened in 2001, but the Tower of Terror attraction didn't open until 2004.

• Tiki Dancer

WOULD NOT, COULD NOT, DON'T MAKE ME.........."Mr. Toad's Scared Me So Bad As A Kid I Had Late Bloomer Driving Issues" ride!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast