Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What would you do with Critter Country?

Critter Country is Disneyland's smallest land. As we now, Pooh is now in place what used to be the Country Bear Jamboree. Also we know their are never going to bring the show back. But let's be honest, this version is better than the version in the Magic Kingdom. It is not that bad at all.

But what would you do to upgrade Critter Country? Would you upgrade Pooh to Hunny Hunt? Would you ad a attraction based on Bambi or the Fox and Hound? We all know that a Princess and the Frog ride would not work, that is determined to be placed in New Orleans Square. Because then Splash Mountain and Pooh also would fit better in Fantasyland than in their own land.

Would you upgrade Hungry Bear to Grandma Sara's Kitchen from Tokyo's Critter Country? Or maybe upgrade Davy Crocket's Explorer Canoes to the Beaver Brother's Explorer Canoes? Maybe ad another ride based on Pooh, like Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop, but then with umbrellas, from Winnie the Pooh. Or Pooh Hunny Pot Spin, from the upcoming Shanghai Disneyland?

I would love to hear your ideas!

• Minion

Re: What would you do with Critter Country?

Get rid of Winnie the Pooh and replace it with something that fits the theme a little better, I'd love to see an original attraction but can't really think of anything. To be honest, I think a Princess and the Frog ride could work well. If it focused on the frog and bayou scenes it would fit nicely plus it is close to New Orleans Square like the bayou is in the film. Saying that though I still wouldn't be overly thrilled with it.

The Country Bears fitted the theme nicely but I don't think we'll ever see them back. I'd keep the Hunger Bear as it is and the canoes are fine as well.

But let's be honest, Princess and the Frog fits better in New Orleans Square, right? So if it could somehow be placed there, what would you do with Critter Country?

• Minion

I would bring back the bears but incorporate them into a Dinner show. Also Princess and the frog would be a perfect dark ride to transition NOS into CC IMO.

• Down Pluto!

Return the CBJ and leave the land alone.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

I'd love it if they brought CBJ back. Does anyone know why they replaced it with Pooh? It seems like an extreme downgrade.

I would add a second 'kiddie' darkride to complement Pooh. Like Bambi or something. That would help pull a lot of the stroller set back into that area of the park. There are a lot of families with tiny kids that won't take them on any of the rides beween the tiki hut and Pooh - Indy, pirates, HM, Splash, because their kids are just too small. Give them another reason to go back there, and help clear out FL.

There is space for a showbuilding the size of Pooh's at the West side of CC, where the shops are. There's a road immediately behind the shop that could easily be shifted further west in the backstage area to make room for it.

I feel the same way about TT. A second darkride back behind the Chip n Dale area would benefit that land immensely.
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

• Minion

I like it just fine the way it is except for Pooh. Ideally I'd want CBJ to return, but that's not going to happen. Generally I don't like touting ideas for rides that are based on movies, but I think a Princess and the Frog ride might actually work if it was more focused on the bayou "backwoods critters" aspect instead of the human world.

I definitely don't agree that DL's Pooh is better than WDW's, but that's another thread.

• Banned User

Just remove the CC sign and consider it an extension of Frontierland. I'd say "bring back the Country Bears", but I actually think they'd make more sense now near Grizzly Peak in DCA.

• formerly very helpful

Perhaps a musical, animatronic show where lots of bears sing and make bad jokes.

I'm a sucker for animatronic rides, so I'd love to see something on par with Haunted Mansion or POTC in scope, but I don't know what.

It's easy to say "Bring back CBJ", I'd like a variation, replace Pooh w/ a Country Bear themed dark ride. Something new that pays tribute to something old.
    "Have I gone mad?"
    "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I'm a sucker for animatronic rides, so I'd love to see something on par with Haunted Mansion or POTC in scope, but I don't know what.
    How about something that's a cross between the MTTNW and Knott's Log Ride. You board a logging train in Critter Country that parallels the DLRR for a short time. You see AA scenes of logging camps, overly curious bears (Humphry), and various wilderness critters. You could even bring back Rainbow Caverns and Rufus' cave (with snores). The ride would have indoor and outdoor sections.

A few shops behind Poohs show building would need to relocate. A new berm and more trees would go in as well. Water features would simply tap off the ROA and drain back in. A waterfall along the river would look nice, too.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I would bring back the bears but incorporate them into a Dinner show.
    I think that that is a great idea! Upgrading the lower level from the Hungry Bear, making it indoor en then have a small dinner show, no wait, no complaining about it being a boring ride and some free space!

Instead of replacing Pooh with Princess and the Frog, I would upgrade it to the version from Tokyo, Pooh's Hunny Hunt. Maybe a small ride from the Princess and the Frog between New Orleans Square and Critter Country, with the entrance across the Haunted Mansion leading indoors to and from the show building that could be behind Hungry Bear.

I'm having difficulty picturing where you're saying there would be room for a Princess and the Frog attraction between the Haunted Mansion and Critter Country. The HM exit is adjacent to Splash Mountain, the construction of which I think was the reason it was named "Critter Country" (from Bear Country before). So it doesn't seem like there's any space between New Orleans Square and Critter Country. Unless you put something where the Harbor Galley is? That sort of butts up against both lands... But I don't see the space to put anything, other than blocking a ton of the view of ROA. If you could fit something between Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain, it doesn't seem like any of it could end up connecting behind the Hungry Bear.

• Minion

My main problem with Winnie the Pooh is that it dosen't really fit the theme of the land. Previously you had a rolling American theme going from a western Frontierland to New Orleans Square which then led to Critter Country with Splash Mountain and the Country Bears, both southern USA themed attractions. It worked and fitted nicely. Now you have Pooh and Critter Country has been taken out of that nice rolling theme.

Yeah the theme of Critter Country still makes sense, it just used to be stronger.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast