Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• e komo mai

Re: How to "Plus" Disneyland and DCA without much capital

Give some of the animals in Splash Mountain new fur or feathers. They're looking kind of worn out.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    I would really like to see Cinderella's carriage in the park for photos. Or just view her in it riding through the park. Couldn't cost too much either!
    Sorta like this?

A reminder of the lavish attention to detail at DLP. This is just a statue outside of the Auberge de Cendrillon restaurant.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Minion FOREVER!

In addition, it wouldn't hurt DCA to have several iconic California
    characters running around:

* 49er (a prospector, not the San Francisco football team!)
    * a mexican cowboy
    * mexican dancers
    * farmer (esp. a wine grower)
    * movie stars and producers, etc (laurel & hardy, marx bros, etc).
    * flight engineers & stunt pilots (Howard Hughes look-a-likes) in HPB
    * surfers in PP
    * a writer/fishingman (John Steinbeck look-a-like) in the wharf
    * John Muir look a like in the Grizzly Trails area

Have food "specials" that change periodically...(I know they do this in some places already)

Have a WIFI service/website that shows all the waits on ALL the rides.

Have a premium room service for the folks that stay at the Disney Hotels
    where food from ANY DL or DCA vending/food area can be brought to your room.
    (Want a DoleWhip, but don't want to walk in to the park? No problem! Extra $2 bucks please!)

Have atmospheric effects at certain areas at certain times. (like fog in mornings
    in both GRR and Wharf). Also same with sounds. (Ocean sounds in PP and wharf).

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    1. Remove the gates at DL and DCA, and create gates on either side of The Esplanade. One price for both parks, take it or leave it. Add some cafes or restaurants or snack shacks in Esplanade area.
    Of all the ideas people keep suggesting in this boards I think I loathe this the most! I like DCA but it is NOT the ubber long lost land Disneyland needs. Leave them seperate.

If anything I have been teasing this thought lately that would put the entrance of DCA on Harbor so you enter where the former Hyperion theatre was. Its a nice theatre but its just a very bare bones facility and the equipment could be moved easily...Enter through Harbor, walk up Hollywood first before you go anywhere else, the current sun hub would give way to a new California, train and automobile theme such that it feels like you traveled from Hollywood into the 1950's and then splits into the Condor Flats or onto the Wharf and Farmland.

Expensive yes but I wanted to share this because I cringe everytime I see someone suggest we pull California Adventure into DL.

Per plusing in DCA:
    *Add a group of suspended 1/4 scale hot air ballons on the area over the vineyard, add ladders and monkey bridges between them so kids and climb up and get a view of the park. Maybe 4 or five of them to add color right when you enter.

*Remove the Hollywood sign right at the entrance so Parades can through, Add two large spot lights lifted 15 feet up and turn them on at night

*Condor Flats, rethemed to extreme sports, minor plant changes, add pine trees, emphasis on hang gliding to fit the Soaring theme and story.

*Wharf- Chinesse New Years and Cinco De Mayo celebration every 3 or 4 hours!

*GRR- Add Bear Country Bears. Done.

Disneyland:
    *I dunno I love it adding cheap would be adding cheap here, lets face it, if Disneyland gets anything else it should be on the cheap

DD to Parking structure.
    *I like the poster/banners idea AS long as its not overcrowded and feel like a forced commercial the entire time i am on that tram. The esplande has enuff advertising for all of us.

Parking structure:
    *Leave it barren, folks should want to get the hell out of there cars and get to the park and get right back in em and get the hell out of there. Any distractions are just chaos waiting to happen!

• Rock Star Minion

Meh. You don't have to like the idea. Some rational thought might work better than your feelings.
    1. It is a financial failure.
    2. It can't pull in numbers by itself.
    3. It essentially free to enter for most guests anyway.
    4. Guests usually don't stay all day once they enter awyway.

Having a gate there is just an inconvenient barrier to the guests that enter.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Great ideas everyone! Please let's keep this on track and not get stuck in debate over DCA or if there should be only one park or two park's that could be a whole other topic for another discussion. Let's keep this topic focused on low cost park enhancement ideas!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Cool Re: How to "Plus" Disneyland and DCA without much capital

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Of all the ideas people keep suggesting in this boards I think I loathe this the most! I like DCA but it is NOT the ubber long lost land Disneyland needs. Leave them seperate...
    I wanted to share this because I cringe everytime I see someone suggest we pull California Adventure into DL.
    IF YOU CAN'T BEAT EM, JOIN EM

*I like the poster/banners idea AS long as its not overcrowded and feel like a forced commercial the entire time i am on that tram. The esplande has enuff advertising for all of us.

I was gonna say that, even if it's just attractions at first the ads are gonna suck. I see a series of them on the way in...

ANNUAL PASSES

AN ESPECIALLY GOOD VALUE

JUST $259

AHEAD AT TICKET BOOTHES.

Then on the way out

SPACE MOUNTAIN

TOWER OF TERROR

MATTERHORN

BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN

Enjoy them all year long with an annual pass

• Prefect

Blog Entries

1. get rid of the burnt coffee smell at DCA. no smell is better than a horrible one that makes you want to leave the park. plus, it saves money.

2. fix up TSI. nothing too fancy, no new attraction, just fix the fort, etc.

3. i also like doing something with the tram route. a few old-style attraction posters that have been suggested would be good. (no advertising of AP's, etc.)

4. take out everything that doesn't work if it's not coming back (jolly trolley tracks & signs, fun phones, etc.)

5. make photos taken by kodak CM's available to purchase online.

6. if you purchase one of the large sipper drinks or popcorn buckets, allow refills for a small charge. (ok, that saves me money...LOL!)

7. something that will take money up front, but save in the long run...alternative energy autopia cars.
    <o>

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Meh. You don't have to like the idea. Some rational thought might work better than your feelings.
    1. It is a financial failure.
    2. It can't pull in numbers by itself.
    3. It essentially free to enter for most guests anyway.
    4. Guests usually don't stay all day once they enter awyway.

Having a gate there is just an inconvenient barrier to the guests that enter.
    I don't like the idea not because I have a "feeling" but because frankly its just a bad idea. It ruins both parks.

1. Financial failure? Its in the top 10 themeparks in the United States financially, all the parks above it were Disney parks, so hmmm I vote not
    2. It can't pull number equal to Disney but as another land, it could become an overall drain and never receive the makeover it deserves
    3. Only for 2fers and APs is it basically free
    4. No argument but that doesn't define it as a place that should become another land

Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    A. It ruins the symetry and lay out of Disneyland which is the genius of the park
    B. You ruin the gates, which are so iconic to DL
    C. The park is still to young to make this judgement

• Silly Bird?

DCA cannot be loaded onto Disneyland because nowhere in the Magic Kingdom framework is there room for "hereandnowland." DCA will someday be a generally acceptable addition to the resort, possibly a reason for an extra day. In some way, Monsters is a cheap plus, and an obvious success.

I would like to recommend for disneyland, a small but very nice cafe opened in the old fantasyland skyway station.
    "You know it's a funny thing, but when I drink too many Gin and Tonics I start to glow in the dark."
    A. Trebek, Jeopardy, aired 7/15/2010

SHAMELESS PLUG- Check out my gallery of original ride music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLbC...layer_embedded

• For You!

I love what they've done in Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - make pictures available online. You don't have to buy them, just send them to your e-mail. I realize they will probably lose some money, but they could advertise on the site you get your pics!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    I don't like the idea not because I have a "feeling" but because frankly its just a bad idea. It ruins both parks.

1. Financial failure? Its in the top 10 themeparks in the United States financially, all the parks above it were Disney parks, so hmmm I vote not
    2. It can't pull number equal to Disney but as another land, it could become an overall drain and never receive the makeover it deserves
    3. Only for 2fers and APs is it basically free
    4. No argument but that doesn't define it as a place that should become another land

Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    A. It ruins the symetry and lay out of Disneyland which is the genius of the park
    B. You ruin the gates, which are so iconic to DL
    C. The park is still to young to make this judgement
    Yes, it's a feeling. You don't LIKE the idea. That's a feeling. DCA is already ruining DL. But Plussing without much capital leaves out the bulldozing or time travel options.

1. Yes, it is a financial failure. The numbers in "top 10 theme park" lists are ATTENDANCE. They're are not DOLLARS. You see, there are no dollar signs next to the numbers, so they don't mean dollars. Dollars are used to connote financial success or failure. When attendance is largely free admissions, it doesn't help the bottom line unless some serious purchasing is going on. And not everybody can go to the Vineyard Room.
    2. It already is an overall drain. Open it later like Toontown. Oh, right, it already opens later.
    3. And that's about all who goes. There are some parkhoppers, but many people here that buy parkhoppers admit that they are there about 1.5 days out of 5. It's basically a giant loss leader to keep guests from going elsewhere. In that way, it's a financial success at beating the competition to death (see SF management revolution, Knott's bought by Cedar, Legoland on the selling block (hee-hee, "block"), etc.) But making back its amortized cost? I feel that it is not doing that.
    4. Yes, it does. No one pays to get in, so it might as well be free. That means changing the gate structure. The "Entrance" to DL wouldn't change, still have the two tunnels (and everyone can have their favorite tunnel to enter into and exit from). Just no gates and turnstiles.

Okkkkkkkkk:
    THESE are legitimate reasons for my idea being bad.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Animatronic

How about a way to widen the walks, increase capacity, inprove theming, and not spend any money at all? Re-open the built in restaurants and eliminate the ODV carts!

•   
    • Minion

More Plusses:

Collectable Commemorative Passports... Make em out of plastic rather than paper...

Create a Ride Passport stamp collection system for the kids, where they get a stamp of attractions they visit. They had this at Epcot when I was young, I thought it was cool. Particularly when you really don't care to collect autographs of theme characters...

More Musicians...

Create a theatre that shows classic disney films from the archives on the silver screen, and serve food.
    Check out my other blog:

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen
    I love what they've done in Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - make pictures available online. You don't have to buy them, just send them to your e-mail. I realize they will probably lose some money, but they could advertise on the site you get your pics!
    Actually I think they should do this but only offer a small low rez version of the image... But offer to print your picture on products for a small fee and have it shipped to you... (partner with Photo TLC to do this)

I think it should be done for all in park photos...
    Check out my other blog:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast