Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

FROZEN RIDE officially announced for Epcot, is Disneyland next?

Do you think it will be coming to Disneyland anytime soon? If so, where?

http://www.insidethemagic.net
    "How do you do?"

• formerly very helpful

Re: FROZEN RIDE officially announced for Epcot, is Disneyland next?

The only thing that really bums me about the Frozen ride in Epcot is the loss of Maelstrom, since I really like that attraction. Hopefully the Frozen ride will be on the same large scale, so it won't feel like a lesser attraction.
    However, as long as we don't lose anything, I have no problem with a Frozen attraction. I really liked the movie, so I think it could be made into a good attraction. I always welcome a new dark ride. Just don't cheap out on the budget, and build it right. Make it spectacular, and I'll welcome it with open arms.

• The doctor is in

I think this is a perfect example of something working in one park, but not necessarily working in another.

In this case it does have the potential to fit nicely into Epcot. It's centralized in a park is geared toward rapid theme changes. Epcot has also been suffering a lack of attendance boosts since the 90's.
    However... does this really fit into Norway? I think they are railroading Frozen into this land just because the climate of Norway fits into the setting of Frozen and in my opinion, that is a bit disrespectful to the culture that Epcot embraces.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

Doesn't this seem like it's to be an overlay rather than something completely new?

I'd rather see Frozen formally banned from all Disney parks.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG View Post
    Doesn't this seem like it's to be an overlay rather than something completely new?

I have never been on Maelstrom but was wondering the same thing. Will they keep the existing layout or completely demo the existing attraction.
    "How do you do?"

• I'm a fiddle player......

Quote Originally Posted by mickEblu View Post
    I have never been on Maelstrom but was wondering the same thing. Will they keep the existing layout or completely demo the existing attraction.
    I hope they demo the whole thing. I'd hate for them to have to limit their creativity to shoehorn a brand new attraction into an old building.

I'm jealous they are getting a new ride. Any new ride. I think a Frozen attraction would be great in the old phantom boats area continuing the Nordic theme of the adjacent Matterhorn.

Quote Originally Posted by napamaninsocal View Post
    I hope they demo the whole thing. I'd hate for them to have to limit their creativity to shoehorn a brand new attraction into an old building.
    I think the answer to this would answer the OP question of whether a Frozen attraction is coming to DLR. If it's just an overlay, then probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    However... does this really fit into Norway? I think they are railroading Frozen into this land just because the climate of Norway fits into the setting of Frozen and in my opinion, that is a bit disrespectful to the culture that Epcot embraces.
    But.... the animators went to Scandanavia and based Arendelle on those countries. They actually used cultural architectural and clothing refereneces FROM Norway in the design of the movie and its characters. I can't imagine a better fit than a Frozen attraction going into the land on which Frozen was based.

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    But.... the animators went to Scandanavia and based Arendelle on those countries. They actually used cultural architectural and clothing refereneces FROM Norway in the design of the movie and its characters. I can't imagine a better fit than a Frozen attraction going into the land on which Frozen was based.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I think this is a perfect example of something working in one park, but not necessarily working in another.

In this case it does have the potential to fit nicely into Epcot. It's centralized in a park is geared toward rapid theme changes. Epcot has also been suffering a lack of attendance boosts since the 90's.
    I think the used Norway as references for Frozen.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

Quote Originally Posted by rezpeni View Post
    I'm jealous they are getting a new ride. Any new ride. I think a Frozen attraction would be great in the old phantom boats area continuing the Nordic themeof the adjacent Matterhorn.
    I think you meant the Motorboat Cruise area. The Phantom Boats were in the lagoon where the subs are now.

The Matterhorn is in Switzerland /Italy border. Switzerland and Italy are not in the Nordic countries

But I do think the old Motor Boats area is a good place to continue the snowy theme.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    I think the used Norway as references for Frozen.
    It's still not a Norwegian tale nor directly tied into Norwegian locations or characters. It's a direct retreat from the World Pavillion concept and the theme of "this represents actual Norwegian concepts"
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Minion

My only hope for this when I first heard the rumors circulating was that the ride would be more like Gran Fiesta Tour where the characters act as guides to take you on a journey through the culture and history of Norway, and NOT just a complete rehash of the movie with little to no regard for the real Norway. But apparently that's exactly what they're doing. What a complete insult to the intent of World Showcase as well as Norway itself. Now it sounds like the entire pavilion will just become one big Arendelle.

On the plus side I suppose this means no one will have to sit through that 80s tourism video at the end of the ride anymore.

• Heavy Breather

They could have just as easily placed a Frozen attraction in Fantasyland in MK...

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast