Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Galliday next sunday, whovians of micechat are you going?

The annual Doctor Who day at Disneyland is next Sunday (or this Sunday if you want it that way.) I will be there with my meetup group enjoying the festivities, will my fellow whovians be there as well?

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Re: Galliday next sunday, whovians of micechat are you going?

With apologies to the OP, I digress...

Since when did Disneyland need ridiculous theme days? The organizers of Dapper Day this time around were oh so kind to put it
    on what is already known to be a busy day.

I guess if we're having theme days, we might as well have a Premiere Passholder Day where every other person is blocked...

/endrant
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Indiana Scott

Since it's not unusual for people with a similar interest to get together for a meal or some other kind of function, why not a day at Disney?
    I'm not into the Dr. but I don't see any harm - at least it's not meth heads or some other undesirable group getting together there.

Wow Eric,
    Were you at the parks Friday for Dapper Day? I was and I was pleasantly surprised by the small crowd. My daughter and I were only there from 1 until 6PM and we never used Fastpass. We immediately went to Ghost Galaxy and had a 32 minute wait. My daughter timed it. The sign said 40 for Stand-by. We then did Indy. The sign said stand-by 30, we did it in 28. We then walked around, had dinner, and then went to DCA. We had walk on at Ariel, Muppets 3D, and Monster's Inc. All the rides in Bug's Land were walk on as was Golden Zephyr. I feel the heat took away the anticipated crowd or it may have gotten very busy in the evening once the sun set. I don't know. The one place that looked packed around 6 was the Pacific Wharf seating. It was packed with different Dapper groups.

I never realized there was a Dr. Who day. Funny because last Dapper Day I did see a couple of people dressed as Dr. Who.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SOTSreleaseplease View Post
    Wow Eric,
    Were you at the parks Friday for Dapper Day? I was and I was pleasantly surprised by the small crowd. My daughter and I were only there from 1 until 6PM and we never used Fastpass. We immediately went to Ghost Galaxy and had a 32 minute wait. My daughter timed it. The sign said 40 for Stand-by. We then did Indy. The sign said stand-by 30, we did it in 28. We then walked around, had dinner, and then went to DCA. We had walk on at Ariel, Muppets 3D, and Monster's Inc. All the rides in Bug's Land were walk on as was Golden Zephyr. I feel the heat took away the anticipated crowd or it may have gotten very busy in the evening once the sun set. I don't know. The one place that looked packed around 6 was the Pacific Wharf seating. It was packed with different Dapper groups.
    I was there. My complaint has nothing to do with crowds. Frankly, it doesn't have to do with the specific theme either. It's the groupthink that accompanies these events which causes a decline in behavior typically. You get the same thing with large school groups, etc.
    WELCOME ABOARD

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    With apologies to the OP, I digress...

Since when did Disneyland need ridiculous theme days? The organizers of Dapper Day this time around were oh so kind to put it
    on what is already known to be a busy day.

I guess if we're having theme days, we might as well have a Premiere Passholder Day where every other person is blocked...

/endrant
    Really?! Disney doesn't even sponsor this day. If you have a problem ignore it. You sound very egotistical. Maybe you should work on your spelling.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Quote Originally Posted by minivan2 View Post
    Really?! Disney doesn't even sponsor this day. If you have a problem ignore it. You sound very egotistical. Maybe you should work on your spelling.
    1. I'm aware Disney doesn't organize the themed days, hence referring to the organizers as, well, the organizers. Disney would have never organized such an event on a busy day.

2. I apologize for my spelling. I'm on a mobile phone.

3. The later part of my post should have been inferred as sarcastic. That is clearly an extreme and would most likely be a poor business decision on the part of Disney.

4. I'm just giving my opinion. The forum is a wonderful place to express your thoughts and ideas on Disney-related topics.

Nice to meet you!
    WELCOME ABOARD

• Indiana Scott

OK, I get your point now Eric and I agree with you to an extent.
    I think we can all agree that some people get rowdier and braver in a group but isn't that the exception? (I don't know since I only go to the park once a yr).
    Of course it doesn't take many bad apples to spoil the bunch - or the experience for others. I've had it happen myself but there didn't seem to be a common element.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    OK, I get your point now Eric and I agree with you to an extent.
    I think we can all agree that some people get rowdier and braver in a group but isn't that the exception? (I don't know since I only go to the park once a yr).
    Of course it doesn't take many bad apples to spoil the bunch - or the experience for others. I've had it happen myself but there didn't seem to be a common element.
    Unfortunately, it happens. I don't think many of them mean to either, but one gets the group riled up and they identify with that single person. It happens, I'm just not a fan of the days for that reason.
    WELCOME ABOARD

Quote Originally Posted by minivan2 View Post
    The annual Doctor Who day at Disneyland is next Sunday (or this Sunday if you want it that way.) I will be there with my meetup group enjoying the festivities, will my fellow whovians be there as well?
    Thanks for posting this minivan2. I was just asking about it in this thread: Doctor Who and Disneyland
    I would be interested, but will be in Florida (and it seems they don't do an East Coast version ).
    I hope you and your friends have a great time, and there's a good turnout - looking forward to seeing photos!!!

3. The later part of my post should have been inferred as sarcastic.

• Minion

I was there. My complaint has nothing to do with crowds. Frankly, it doesn't have to do with the specific theme either. It's the groupthink that accompanies these events which causes a decline in behavior typically. You get the same thing with large school groups, etc.
    Unless you have solid proof that negative behavior is because of groupthink and not because of a trouble-making individual(s), I don't think we should disallow groups to organize and attend theme days.

• Evil is Sexy

So, I have a work thing in the evening - but I should be present for most of Galliday this Sunday. I have to leave the parks at 6pm to make the work meeting at 8pm.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• I'm not really here

Nevermind... already dealt with.
    Last edited by mycroft16; Yesterday at 01:16 PM. Reason: no longer needed

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

As a staunch whovian, I'm gonna do my best to jump start the tardis on Sunday and point it toward DL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast