Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Pleasurable Experience at the Park(s)?

While waiting in line at Alice there was a Disney sweeper in line. He was specifically in line to clean the line. He was sweet, personable and very proud of his work. Not once (and the line was lengthy) did he get impatient or "bored" He was "on" the entire time. I enjoyed visiting with him. He made my day!
    Boo!

• Married and happy again!!

Well I must say that on my last time down to WDW I did have a wonderful experience. See I had been hurt in an accident earlier in the year and by my trip time I still had to wear a brace on my right ankle and calf to walk and had to use a cane to walk with. Well while I was happy to be there I was still bummed because one of my favorite things to do on a non park day was to go to Typhoon Lagoon to kick back and have fun but figured I was having a hard enough time walking around how would I enjoy it. But of course my kids and my mom were with so I still went but figured I would just have to hang out on the beach chairs and maybe sit around at the wave pool. Well while catching some sun I got to talking to this nice coulple from Mexico and well to make a long store short we hit it off quite well. They insisted in helping me to get around (I spent most of my park days in a wheel chair when walking was to much for my ankle especialy) and doing things together. I ended up having a blast. At the end of the day before we parted ways we exchanged email addresses. Just by chance (and quiet accidently) we ended up on the same Disney hotel bus to head back I turns out we were staying in the same Disney hotel we ended up going to the parks together the rest of our trip and we have stayed in touch since then and are planning a trip to Disneyland this summer as a group. By the way just in case they get to see this post I have to say Hey what's up Manuel and Josie love you guys.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Here's two for the price of one. Both of these during our family visit last August.

1) While waiting for the fireworks (in a good and crowded area in front of the castle) we had a great experience. Usually all I hear is about how everyone is stealing space, being obnoxious, etc. Well this night was great, it started off with talking with some of the people around us and by the time the fireworks began everyone around us was having our own little party. Just pure fun, the way it should be.

2) On this same trip my wife lost her cell phone on IJ (we think?) The CM's were awesome in trying to help her find it, they checked each vehicle as it cycled through. Unfortunetly it wasn't there, however they told her that they do a walk through of the ride each night and if it was there it would be turned in and we could get it the next day. Sure enough, someone had found it and she got it back the next morning.

BTW, great thread, it is always nice to hear and share good experiences. Probably the only reason there seem to be so many negative experiences posted is because most of the time people have good times so they post bad experiences if they are unfortunate to have one.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Smile Re: Pleasurable Experience at the Park(s)?

My best experiences were every day when I use to walk on stage and see all the smiling faces of the guests enjoying D/L. No matter how tired you were, whether or not you had a headache or a disagreement with your spouse those faces would just make it all fade away.

Thanks for starting this. Sometimes I forget all those wonderful memories when I get drug into the threads about the negative aspects of D/L.

I have really enjoyed reading all of your posts here and they have all brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eye.

And thank you to all the guests throughout the years who helped make my time as a CM at the Disneyland Resort some of the most memorable moments of my life.

Debbie

We took my daughter there for her very first birthday and we got her the sticker to wear. No one even noticed it was her birthday all day long until we were in Frontierland and a very observant CM told her happy birthday and started her birthday phone call from Goofy! The look on her face was priceless when she heard Goofy on the other end!

• Island Paradise

We had the best time last week at DCA. It was the end of the day, right before the Block Party parade. The hubby and I grabbed a glass of wine and some munchies. The kids had slurpies and some snacks...as we relaxed at the Vineyard. As the sun was setting, the parade started. The kids ran down to the street level as the hub and I finished our beverages. All of the people around us were dancin' and singin' to the parade. It was the perfect ending to our day!

• Clearing my Calendar

We stayed at GCH on our last visit. When we were walking down to the entrance to DCA, we passed the restaurant with the buffet. My husband always teases me because I like "Forrest Creatures." And I've always loved Chip & Dale.

So, we start to pass the restaurant and I notice something standing in the doorway (they hadn't opened yet I guess). Chip had his(/her) nose pressed against the glass, waving a paw(hand). It made me giggle and made a great start to a fun day.

Come on people!
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I remember when i made a cast member laugh. it was years back and I was on my High School senior trip. I had 15 minutes left before the park closed and saw the Mansion had no lines and the doors to enter were wide open. So I ran up to the CM outside and asked her for the time and said that I had to be out of the ride in 15 minutes. She told me the time and said that I should be out in 15 minutes unless there are problems...So I thought about it for a second...Then said screw it, I am going in. It was kinda hilarious and put a smile on her face. Then right as I got off the ride I jetted out with 2 minutes to spare. We all know how crowded D-Land could get But I ran down NOS, through Adventureland and all the way to the main gates to catch up with my school group with out stopping once. I was so out of breath. But I was surprised that I never once got stopped because I kept finding ways to cut through the crowds. My vision was not as blurry back then as well because when I was towards the back of Adventureland looking down Main Street, my teacher was wearing an orange hat. I saw that tiny orange hat on Main Street and knew it was her. Sur enough, I was right.

• Sock Puppet

I remember when my friends and I rode the Sun Wheel with an older couple. We had a great conversation with them about how they travel around and visit the Disney parks, and apparently ride all the rides. Even the rollarcoasters. It was just a really nice conversation and I like how they treated us like people rather than looked down on us from the start just because we're teenagers. That sometimes happens and I hate it, so this was nice!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

It's amazing too, how the Disney effect really does hit you and bring out the best.

We had walked up to the counter at RRPizza Port and I was extolling the usual pedantic crap I have in my head about Disney this and Disney that, my partner and colleagues in tow. We got up to the front the young lady had the coolest name! I'd tell ya, but I don't want you all to talk to her and get her in trouble. She heard my conversation and thought I was an AP holder.

"Nah. I live too far away. I wish I was, tho!"

"Well, AP holders get food discounts. Discounts like yours."

"You so totally rock!" We ate up and made a beeline to City Hall to complement that young lady.

No, we didn't tell them about the discount. But we made sure that someone felt as good as we did.

It's moments like that--truly--that make going to Disneyland or World the most fun.

Peace out and tell more tales!
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

I love to talk to people when I am in line or waiting somewhere. There have been times while waiting for parades when kids are entertaining everyone. When I have Barbie with me little girls like to talk to me about her. Many kids are great and the reason they get forgotten cause the others are much louder.
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• Clearing my Calendar

We went one year for my birthday/his birthday/our anniversary (all a one month span). We decided to have dinner at the Rainforest Cafe in DTD as a fun meal.

We sat down and immediately were welcomed by our waiter. He was a really energetic fellow and you could tell he really enjoyed his job. After we perused the menu we decided to split an "appetizer" of crab legs and then order what we wanted. My husband ordered a special lobster dish (one that seems to only be at this particular RFC location...they don't have it in Vegas) but he wanted a large lobster. The waiter said 2 lbs was as high as they go and my husband thought that was fine.

The waiter runs off to collect our drink orders from the bar and when he comes back he's all excited, "We had one that was almost 3 lbs. Do you want it??" My husband laughed and accepted.

So we go through this great meal, enjoying everything. The drinks we ordered had come with a special glass so he got fresh ones from the bar so we didn't have to take the ones we drank from with us. We thought that was very nice and started talking about the size of the tip we'd be leaving, especially since the bill was going to automatically create a nice one for him anyway.

He brings us back the credit card and, as usual, is scared to pronounce our last name (it's intimidating but not horrible). It starts up a nearly 30 minute conversation! We talked about everything, from where we're from to where he's from and what he's doing and yadda yadda. Found out he was moving back to Kansas (I think). We wished him well as he departed to get back to his other duties (btw, the restaurant was nearly empty so we didn't keep him).

We left him a little extra beyond the 20%, to give him a meal or two on his journey back home and left a note wishing him well. I don't remember his name (something like Kevin?). But I thought his service, even though it isn't technically Disney, made the trip really special.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Sock Puppet

That's so cute about his excitement over the big lobster. I love that sort of thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12