Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: Do you want Oswald at Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    You know what would be cool? - - Marry Oswald to DCA as the mascot for a "Walt Disney's California" park - - with the Hyperion Studios and all built on site as recently discussed elsewhere - - and why not get Diane to move her Walt Disney museum down there too?

Suddenly the place would have a presence and purpose!
    Sounds like a great idea too me.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Where's her museum at right now?
    The museum is planned for the Presidio of San Francisco. I'm wondering if some of the pieces that Retlaw Enterprises maintains will be used in the museum there because they could also add something very special to the new park.

Seeing all the awards Walt Disney received during his lifetime is a truly overwhelming experience.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 02-10-2006 at 11:57 PM.

I would be comfortable with Oswald being represented in some form at Mickey's Toontown, and he could, perhaps, take a larger role in the "It All Started with a Mouse" attraction I proposed in this thread: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...perion+Studios.

I still believe that letting the obscure J. Audubon Woodlore and Humphrey the Bear serve as unofficial ambassadors for the new park makes the most sense, though.

• Minion

>>I still believe that letting the obscure J. Audubon Woodlore and Humphrey the Bear serve as unofficial ambassadors for the new park makes the most sense, though.<<

I really love them! ...and they could all have a place, with Oswald in the "Studios" and Ranger Woodlore & Humphrey in the "Park" perhaps

• Munchings & Crunchings

That Japanese Oswald merchandise is cute as hell! I still don't know if Disney could market him here all that well, but he's a cute character.

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

I like Oswald, but have any of you thought of the implications having Oswald as a major Disney character would have? It would no longer be "started by a mouse" for example.

Mickey Mouse would no longer be the first Disney character. Oswald outdates him.

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    Check out this cool Oswald merchandise from Japan!

http://www.cartoonresearch.com/lantz2.html
    Its weird old Disney is marketable there, the Orange Bird from the Tropical Serenade was marketed there in2005, and once while researching about Epcot Horizons, they had car cigarrete lighters ( I think) , and radio knobs, etc, with Horizons and old Epcot logos. Strange

As for Oswald, maybe before they market him they should do an exhibit at the Disney Gallery, then from guests reaction to him on the banners outside the gallery, they could decide to market him, or make limited merchandise.

• Rides against injustice

As for Oswald, maybe before they market him they should do an exhibit at the Disney Gallery, then from guests reaction to him on the banners outside the gallery, they could decide to market him, or make limited merchandise.[/quote]

I think that would be a great idea. Maybe show some old animation cells or something. Explain the history of the character and why he is so important to Disney history.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Huh?

Would animation cells for Oswald still exist? They rarely saved them in those days...
    -Tim

• ...TWO BITS!

I don't think it would work to bring Oswald into the parks/merchandising. But it's nice Disney got him back.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by jepple
    I like Oswald, but have any of you thought of the implications having Oswald as a major Disney character would have? It would no longer be "started by a mouse" for example.

Mickey Mouse would no longer be the first Disney character. Oswald outdates him.
    but Walt became famous because of Mickey, the Disney empire was started by a Mouse.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

One world: OSSSSSSSWALLLLLLLLD

I rather have Al Michaels doing the football games.

Wow! Oswald the Lucky Rabbit!!! Bring him back! I want a t-shirt! Puh-leeeaze!!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jepple

I disagree, just because Oswald is back, doesn't take away all the time that Mickey Mouse was there. I believe that Walt Disney credited his success to the popularity of Mickey Mouse. On the introduction to his television show Walt spoke the words "it all started with a mouse". I don't think that changes. Mr. Disney did the television show to promote Disneyland. Disneyland helped promote Mickey Mouse also. It was a great team. Mickey Mouse is to some people the symbol of Disneyland. One in the same. Oswald does not change that. He (Oswald) is kind of like the prodigal son.
    I'm Going To Disneyland ! - May 11, 2015 - May 16, 2015

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast