Disneyland 60th-Questions for 2015 trip.

Boyfriend and I are planning our trip for February 23-26 in 2015 and I'm seeing a lot of speculation about lots of refurbs and stuff. I'm a long time Disney fan, we go at least once a year but usually more in the busy months so next years trip we wanted to do at a less busy time and now I'm starting to feel like it might bite us in the rear. :/

Anyone have any solid insight or links to anything relating to that time next year? Or even just remembrances of past major anniversaries for the park that had a huge impact on that time of year? I know the 60th isn't until spring but our trip is just a few weeks shy of spring actually beginning. Any help or insight would be very greatly appreciated!

I don't know why I've never gotten into these boards before. Ive always been such a fan of disneyland for so many years and browsed the boards but I think I'll start actually posting on them and helping where I can.
    Next trip-February 2015!

• Minion

Re: Disneyland 60th-Questions for 2015 trip.

You will definitely be missing the anniversary. It begins in May. In regards to other info, nothing's been announced, besides the name of the anniversary and the logo.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• dl159

There is no information as of now on what rides/ attractions will be closed for refurbishment next year accept for the Matterhorn which will be closed from Jan 5 - May 13. There is the proposed refresh of Peter Pan Sorin' and World of Color which still have not been announced. If these attractions do get refreshes then they will for sure be closed in Febuary. Disney will want all of their attraction running in good shape for this summers 60th so expect a few attraction closures in both parks. Disney usually updates their list of attraction closured about one and a half months in advance at the earliest. So I would check the entertainment schedule on their website closer to the end of December.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    You will definitely be missing the anniversary. It begins in May. In regards to other info, nothing's been announced, besides the name of the anniversary and the logo.
    I know we'd be missing the anniversary, I'm not too worried about making that as I know it will be busier than when we are going. Thank you though.
    Next trip-February 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by DLR159 View Post
    There is no information as of now on what rides/ attractions will be closed for refurbishment next year accept for the Matterhorn which will be closed from Jan 5 - May 13. There is the proposed refresh of Peter Pan Sorin' and World of Color which still have not been announced. If these attractions do get refreshes then they will for sure be closed in Febuary. Disney will want all of their attraction running in good shape for this summers 60th so expect a few attraction closures in both parks. Disney usually updates their list of attraction closured about one and a half months in advance at the earliest. So I would check the entertainment schedule on their website closer to the end of December.
    I've seen the forum here for the Matterhorn closure, but I haven't seen it on any official Disney sites yet. Do you have a link for an official announcement for that? BF is going to be so disappointed as that's one of his favorites. I'm really hoping Peter isn't closed when we are there, same for World of Color. I'm beginning to think we didn't pick the best time to go visit.
    Next trip-February 2015!

• dl159

Quote Originally Posted by binareneee View Post
    I've seen the forum here for the Matterhorn closure, but I haven't seen it on any official Disney sites yet. Do you have a link for an official announcement for that? BF is going to be so disappointed as that's one of his favorites. I'm really hoping Peter isn't closed when we are there, same for World of Color. I'm beginning to think we didn't pick the best time to go visit.
    Call Disneyland at 7147817290 then on your phone keypad click 1 then 1 then 4. You will hear the official listing of attraction closures of each park. Matterhorn is listed on there. Even if attractions will be closed in February, Its a great time to go to the parks because its one of the least crowded times in the year especially during the weekdays. As of now we only have one confirmed attraction closure for next year and even if the rumors are true and the other attractions mentioned do close, It should still be a fun trip.

Quote Originally Posted by DLR159 View Post
    Call Disneyland at 7147817290 then on your phone keypad click 1 then 1 then 4. You will hear the official listing of attraction closures of each park. Matterhorn is listed on there. Even if attractions will be closed in February, Its a great time to go to the parks because its one of the least crowded times in the year especially during the weekdays. As of now we only have one confirmed attraction closure for next year and even if the rumors are true and the other attractions mentioned do close, It should still be a fun trip.
    Bummer about Matterhorn. Thanks for confirming it.

You're right about it still being worth it, just bummed that one of, if not his top favorite is going to be closed since it was closed the last time we came as well. lol.

Definitely excited about the low crowds still as we normally go on a weekend and during the summer. Super excited about that actually.

Thanks again for the confirmation and input!
    Next trip-February 2015!