Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Country Bears in Seasons of the Vine?

Add Humphrey Bear to the rest of the gang!!!

You could do Bears as a canned stage show with live actors in bear suits. They did it at the El Capitan, they could do it in Disneyland.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

I so miss those bears. I've been listening to the soundtracks from the three shows and have remembered how incredibly clever and funny it really was.

But as for putting the show "inside" Grizzly Peak... that could only have been done when the mountain was first built. That mountain is actually a "mountain". Where do you think they put all that dirt they dug up to make the bay??

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

/\ Like he said the mountain is "full" so to speak.

I'd go for a new show, or an old show, either way it was just a simple chance to enhance DCA that they missed on because it required capital.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Country Bears in Seasons of the Vine?

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen
    It would be great. I think it's time for Golden Dreams to move on. But, I love the palace of fine arts entrance. I don't want that to change, maybe put the country bears in the Redwood creek Challenge! it's a fun play place, but there's got to be some room in there somewhere

NOOO !!!

That's the Brother Bear area, the GRR needs to have the same overlay with some AA Brother Bears along the route... Who cares how successful or not the movie was. You cannot get Song of The South on DVD in the USA but Splash Mtn is based on it.

I think the whole Redwood area should be a Redwood and Bear themed area.

Also, I like Golden Dreams better than the Country Bear Jamboree. I always thought it was lame, and Chuck E Cheesy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

The GD movie is a waste of space, attendance has to be
    one of the worst in the park. Too educational, too little fun.
    As they usher people into the theater, they might as well
    have Whoopie say "Ma'am, you forgot your purse.

Bears with their show in this theater, hahahahaha,
    That would be like using the Grand ol Opry for Country music.
    (hahahahahaha)

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin
    have Whoopie say "Ma'am, you forgot your purse.
    Hey if that is a jab at Ellen's Energy Adventure I have to say I like EEA.

• horsin' around!

wow...i read the title of this post very quickly & thought it said 'country bears in season' !!

• California Adventurer

Happily inside Disney California Adventure ... or at the nearest theme park I can find.

Yes, bringing back the Country Bears would be great! But the Seasons of the Vine building is too small--there's not enough space there for both adequate seating and the show's audio-animatronics.

Placing the Country Bears in the Golden Vine Winery area would not fit, but somewhere in the Golden State area near Grizzly River Run or Redwood Creek Challenge Trail would be perfect!
    Yes, I do LOVE Disney California Adventure. Disneyland is not so bad either ;-)

See my photography regularly in MiceChat's "In The Parks" updates, published each Friday.
    Follow my theme-park adventures on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ThemeParkTimes

The last time I was at DCA it was raining, and they were using the theater building for indoor dinning. I've never seen the show, but maybe they just just use it for an adult relaxation area. It would be nice to have some place quiet and out of they way to retreat to!

• Banned User

Smile Re: Country Bears in Seasons of the Vine?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySarah
    So I got to experience "Seasons of the Vine" for the first time today. And the last. It's got to be the worst thing I have ever seen at a Disney park. It was worse than public television!

So, as I was sitting there in the theater with one (yes, ONE) other person, I thought... why don't they put the Country Bears in here?

I realize the place is WAY smaller than the old Country Bear Playhouse, but it would be better than nothing!

Any comments? Maybe I'm just desperate to have the Bears back...

hey disneysarah,

I think we think alike. I too like the idea of bringing the country bear attraction to the anaheim park

a couple of years back when Roy and Stan had the SaveDisney effort going, I emailed them with the suggestion of instead of scrapping the country bear attraction, put it into dca.

however adolf eisner still had a strangle hold on the disney company and the paper shredder was provided a treat that day(my email)

anyhoo I agree with your idea. I think that they need to take it one step further and just buldoze the whole area that seasons of the vine sits on and put the whole country bear attraction there(playhouse and all).

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    NOOO !!!

That's the Brother Bear area, the GRR needs to have the same overlay with some AA Brother Bears along the route... Who cares how successful or not the movie was. You cannot get Song of The South on DVD in the USA but Splash Mtn is based on it.

I think the whole Redwood area should be a Redwood and Bear themed area.

Also, I like Golden Dreams better than the Country Bear Jamboree. I always thought it was lame, and Chuck E Cheesy.
    Fully agreed M. GRR is a fantastic River ride that could be one hell of a thematic experience just by throwing in some Bears and Show scenes along the way.

I say shut down Gizzly for 6 mths and give the Bears a new place to stay in there - mind you they are probably already being used as spare parts in Tokyo or WDW by now
    I'm just a bit more than Just Really Nice!

• Long Distance Imagineer

I posted this on a different thread a while back...thought I'd copy it and add it to the discussion.

What I was thinking of is having some Northern California Bears do a show about their trip to the beaches of Southern California. Surfer dudes and dudettes, valley girls, maybe even a few bears who visited Disneyland? Bears with mohawks, bleached blonde hair, a lot of makeup, perhaps a "Rodeo Drive bear" kind of thing.

That way it would be in keeping with the theme of Northern California, as that is where part of the bear population lives.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Hey now, they could be from BIG BEAR which is in Southern California.

• Minion

I can't wait till I get to WDW this summer, I'll be able to see the bears AND carousel of progress!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast