Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Country Bears in Seasons of the Vine?

So I got to experience "Seasons of the Vine" for the first time today. And the last. It's got to be the worst thing I have ever seen at a Disney park. It was worse than public television!

So, as I was sitting there in the theater with one (yes, ONE) other person, I thought... why don't they put the Country Bears in here?

I realize the place is WAY smaller than the old Country Bear Playhouse, but it would be better than nothing!

Any comments? Maybe I'm just desperate to have the Bears back...

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Re: Country Bears in Seasons of the Vine?

I think the Golden Dreams Theater is a more suitable location and it's next to Grizzly Recreation Area, perfect theming.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• The one, the only...

I always liked the Bears. I don't know if they could save that show though. I believe that maybe a whole new AA show should be developed.

I do hope that one day they will bring back the bears to Disneyland! One can hope, can't he?
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I felt the missed a chance to enhance DCA by not moving the bears to something over in Golden State (same with food rocks, but another thread)...but that wasn't a priority at the time. And who knows if Matt would even have done that.
    I just think Seasons of the vine is too out of the theme for the bears...over by GCH and Redwood Creek would work better...
    ...but if they still have any of the AAs I say anywhere in DCA works well.

• Minion

Either theatre - Golden Dreams or Season of the Vine - at DCA would be great for the Bears - but either way they need to come back no matter what!

• Minion

I always thought it would be funny if the Bears changed to 60's style San Francisco/LA rock for DCA, like a pop festival - - Mamas and the Papas, Jefferson Airplane, Grateful Dead, etc - - it would be funny to see them in the hippie outfits!

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    I always thought it would be funny if the Bears changed to 60's style San Francisco/LA rock for DCA, like a pop festival - - Mamas and the Papas, Jefferson Airplane, Grateful Dead, etc - - it would be funny to see them in the hippie outfits!
    While interesting idea... no. Brings back too many bad memories of a certain bad movie they made "starring" "those" "bears."
    -Tim

Yes, but they should just drop the "San Francisco" theme, as it does not transition as well as they thought. Just call keep the Craftsman theme and add some more trees.

As for the show, think of all the songs having to do with California, or the life that Californians live, I can just see the three girl bears (California bears) dressed like girls from Orange County as the theme song from the simple life plays for some reason.

What about a whole new show, staring all of the same Bears we know and love, but at the very beginning of the show, they explain to us that they have just moved to California, and are now calling themselves the "California Bears Jamboree." The show could have some of the more memorable songs from the original show, but then include all new songs that are themed to Californian culture/history. Not sure what aspects of CA it could highlight, but im definitely open to any suggestions.

I think that with Mr. Lassetter at the helm of creativity now for WDI, with his love for Disneyland history, I wouldnt be all too surprised if he at least looks into bringing the classic attraction to DCA.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Well if the Golden Dreams Theater is repurposed for Country Bears it better be an all new show even if they keep the same AA bears. Then Tokyo and WDW can clone the new show and you crazy people can see your bears for a few more years at least.

But they'll need to tear down the replica from Golden Gate Park and plant multiple redwood trees, then give the bldgs the EUREKA treatment.

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

I think the best place to put a Country Bears show would be inside Grizzly Peak, If possible. There's a big wooden doorway directly across from the ride's loading area (on that trail that no one ever uses) that I've always thought would make a perfect entrance to a new Country Bear Playhouse. That area could really come alive with activity, plus the people on GRR will get a very clear view of something going on right across the way from them.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I doubt there's an empty show building inside, and you can't disrupt the GRR to rebuild it with one. That idea will never fly. Sounds leaky.

Wow - this is the first idea I've heard that I would do something about if I had the chance (write/sign/email/whatever...)

I know the nostagia factor of the Electrical Parade draws crowds to DCA, so this should help DCA big time. The resort is seriously lacking in AA's. Maybe we could get them thinking?

What can we do?

• For You!

It would be great. I think it's time for Golden Dreams to move on. But, I love the palace of fine arts entrance. I don't want that to change, maybe put the country bears in the Redwood creek Challenge! it's a fun play place, but there's got to be some room in there somewhere

• The Candidate

The Country Bears need to stay in Yesterland. I think they are best remembered in our memories.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast