Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pick One

• Small Projects Team

Pick One

Sorry, "I don't care" is not an option

• Silly Bird?

Re: Pick One

how could anyone choose tarzan's?
    "You know it's a funny thing, but when I drink too many Gin and Tonics I start to glow in the dark."
    A. Trebek, Jeopardy, aired 7/15/2010

SHAMELESS PLUG- Check out my gallery of original ride music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLbC...layer_embedded

• Minion

Swisskapolka!

• Animatronic

One showed how a shipwrecked family might live in the jungle, the other shows how bad cartoon characters look in a realistic setting. Hmmm.. this is hard... NOT

• Senior Minion

Swiss Family --Hands down!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Does it get any better than the Swisskapolka???? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Swiss Family tree house.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Now, here's the real question... Is the SFT winning because it's better than TT, or is it because us Disneyland Fanatics can't let go of the past?
    In other words: If the same poll was held with the general public, how do you think the vote would go? Are we (disneyland fanatics) unreasonable about changes made to our beloved Park?
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Newbie.

I'm not voting so much for the Swiss Family version, but more for the old way of walking thru the attraction. It's much easier to climb down a long latter than to climb up it.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• Tourist

I really miss the Swiss Family Treehouse.

It's funny how a seemingly little thing can become a big part of a family's DL routine. We often have breakfast at the Riverbelle Terrace, and sit outdoors on the Adventureland side. When our kids were small, they would always finish their breakfast early and rush over to the Treehouse. I would enjoy my last few bites of pancakes, watch the kids have fun, and listen to the Swisskapolka.

Whenever I hear the Swisskapolka, I think of those good times...

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Honestly I don't like either one. I never really understood the draw of the Tree.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Circarama brings up a good question. A lot of us Disneyland fanatics are a little "moss-backed" when it comes to changes. That said, though, I still vote for Swiss Family Treehouse. The story of a shipwrecked family and their ingenious efforts to create a makeshift home in a tree is compelling. Actually getting to tour that home and see how they cleverly used the materials at hand was fascinating. You could use your imagination and put yourself in their place. (Oh, how I would love to have the money to reproduce it on some tropical island as a vacation home!) You were drawn in to the story and you could imagine yourself as one of the characters in it. In the Tarzan Treehouse, the fiberglas characters steal the focus away from the treehouse. First, they're a little too "cartoony" to quite feel right in the setting. The house becomes peripheral to the cartoon characters. Imagination is stymied as the story is force-fed to you. You aren't allowed to "become" a part of the story. Now... you just watch. The key magical element has been lost.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    Now, here's the real question... Is the SFT winning because it's better than TT, or is it because us Disneyland Fanatics can't let go of the past?
    In other words: If the same poll was held with the general public, how do you think the vote would go? Are we (disneyland fanatics) unreasonable about changes made to our beloved Park?
    i've never been on SFT but I chose it anyway.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Resident DL'er

From what I've seen, kids seem to really enjoy Tarzan's, and it adds great atmosphere to that area. I'm not that familiar with the Swiss Family version, but I'll take your word for it that it was a lot better.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    I know for me at least, I like the way SFT was done much more than TT. It looked... real. I can't think of a better way to explain it. The book has always been one of my favorites, and the tree at Disneyland really captured how I imagined things while reading it.

I will say I like how they made TT more interactive... my daughter loves playing with the drums! And at this point, the music from TT has become almost as much a part of Adventureland to me as the Swisskapolka. Almost, but not quite.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast