Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Trekkie Dad's at Disneyland! Woohoo!

muuuuuummmmmmmmmm look at these !!!
    Last edited by Hakuna Makarla; 09-12-2007 at 10:51 AM.

• GO DBACKS!!

I don't care for ones that are just caramel and chocolate. Love both ingredients but just not in huge quantities. I like the tails that are Marshmellow, caramel and dark chocolate. Soooooooooooo good.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Still wants to be a cat!

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid
    Not candy, it is some type of bread thingy. I tried one and it was very bland and kind of hard. I won't eat them again. Of course with Bengal closing I may not have that choice.
    You can't buy them at Bengal BBQ, only Pooh Corner, never tried one myself because the line is always too long, but they sure look GOOD!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    You can't buy them at Bengal BBQ, only Pooh Corner, never tried one myself because the line is always too long, but they sure look GOOD!
    Tiger Tails - Breadsticks @ Bengal BBQ -

Tigger Tails - marshmallow goodness -

We are mixing our Tiggers with our Tigers.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

2/12 What a long day! Started out with breakfast at Storytellers. We were seated within 5 minutes. Interacted with Dale, Timon, and Pluto. When we finished there was quite a line waiting to get in. And we got into DL in time for the rope drop.

Headed right for Space, but it had a crowd of people standing by Pizza Port. Dashed over the Matterhorn to find it not open yet. So we went to Big Thunder and walked right on. Same thing and Indy and Splash. DW sat in front. I got soaked from the knee down, but DW got it worse. Then we rode Pooh.

Back to NOS for a train ride to Tomorrowland to pick up FPs for Space. From there we went to Fantasyland, rode the teacups, and stood in a long line for Peter Pan. After Pan we rode Snow White and Pinocchio.

Noon. Time for the all-important meet. We were disappointed not to see Wolfy, as a_hyperbole related the story of the forgotton AP. (I think I would have taken Wolfette over to the 15 min dropoff zone and had Dad pick her up.) But there were others to meet, and I did get my picture took with Mac. At least that mission was accomplished.

That's all for now. It's time to get going on today.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Just finished the long drive home--better finish the report while the memories are still in this old head. Anyway, where were we? Yes, the meet.

Well, "Dancing with the Stars" was kinda distracting from the meet, but we had a small but enthusiastic group. Scubabe was there with her mom to say "hi", but they were on their way out. I recognized Darkbeer, but his camera took him in a different direction from the rest of us. Of those with whom we spent pretty much the rest of the day were Grumpy4, Villians Fan, Morrigoon, Chernabog, Olympicnut, and Darren and Charles, whose handles I don't remember. (I'm sure I must have forgotton someone!)

For lunch we went to Pizza Port, but there were no tables left so we took our food and sat in the warm sun by Club Buzz. Then we went to ride Buzz Lightyear, of course. Chernabog went to pick up Space Mountain fastpasses for everyone while the rest of us headed for the teacups. Jimmie (DW) and I watched and took pictures while the rest rode. Once we were all together, we headed for the Jungle Cruise. (The line went upstairs.) Grumpy4's little one (Jordan) didn't want to ride. Still, the eight of us remaining took the entire center of the boat.

After the cruise, most of us went to the Tiki Garden for Dole Whips, but a few split off. Chernabog got the Space Mountain FPs and returned. Grumpy4, Jordan, and Villains Fan went to the Carousel. Jimmie snacked with the rest of us, but then took off to shop and rest up for later. The remaining six headed for the canoes. Morrigoon decided her back wouldn't take all the paddling, so she stayed behind and took pictures while the remaining five had our upper body workout.

We regrouped again and headed for the entrance, as one of the ladies (Morrigoon?) had to go home. The rest of us went into DCA. The line to Monsters, Inc. was way too long. Four of us (Chernabog, Olympicnut, Darren, and I decided to ride Tower but got FPs instead and went back to the Animation building to join the rest. Grumpy4 and Jordan had left. I don't even want to talk about the "interesting" singing and the ad-libbing that took place in Ursula's lair, but it was pretty hilarious.

Back to the tower. Even the FP line was long. We were place in an elevator car with a group that had an unusually high number of body piercings. For some reason our group photo was "lost in another dimension." Hmmmm.

Jimmie rejoined us for dinner at Jazz Kitchen takeout. After dinner, Olympicnut departed, Charles went to get his jacket, and the rest of us headed for the Pirates back in DL. On the way we picked up FPs for Indy and Charles was instructed by phone to do the same. We met him ouside Pirates, and the six of us went to Big Thunder. We sat in the back car and everyone did the Goat Trick.

The same six then went to the Matterhorn (TL side, of course) and get in position near the carousel to watch the fireworks. There was an interesting dialog with a lady (Someone else can report this.), but when the fireworks were cancelled, we headed back to Indy. It was down. The Space Mountain FPs weren't good yet, but we headed in that direction anyway.

There were some interesting moments involving lightsabers at Star Traders (I was not involved.), and some pin shopping across the way until it was time to ride. We had the whole front car on Space Mountain.

We parted company with VF and Charles at the hub and the remaining four went to ride Indy. We got to sit in front with Darren at the wheel. If someone hadn't looked into the eyes of Mara, we could have been rich. Oh well, at least we got out intact.

I can't say we closed the park, but the day was certainly long enough for me. We said our final goodbyes out on the esplanade. I'm not sure when Jimmie and I will be back to play with the Mice Chatters at Disneyland, but we are certainly looking forward the the MC-WDW trip in October.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

2/13 Time to head home.

After the marathon day of the 12th, Jimmie and I "slept in" until after 7. We had breakfast, packed up most of our stuff and got into DCA in time for the first flight of Soarin'. Then we went over to the rope at HPB so we could get in another ride on Monsters, Inc. without the long wait. Then we saw the Muppets (a favorite since we first saw it at WDW) and headed over to see "It's Tough to be a Bug." It was closed.

So I suggested we see "Seasons of the Vine," which we had never seen. It wasn't open either. So we headed into Disneyland. We got on a horseless carriage and rode it over to Frontierland. The Columbia was docked, so we got on it for the leisurely ride around the ROA. (Incidentally the Mark Twain was in Fowler's Harbor.)

Then we had one last ride on Big Thunder and had lunch at Zocalo. We did a little shopping on the way out. We were on the road at 1:30 and home 370 miles north just after 8 PM.

Pictures? I haven't unpacked the camera yet!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad
    Then we had one last ride on Big Thunder and had lunch at Zocalo. We did a little shopping on the way out. We were on the road at 1:30 and home 370 miles north just after 8 PM.
    Wow! You are close to me!!! Can't wait to do our 350 mile trek!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

It was great meeting and hanging with you T-dad (and T-mom - lol). Glad ya made it home safe and sound.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Trekkie - sounds like you had a great time. Can't wait to see the pics....
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

Totally cool y friend!! I enjoyed this trip report!! ( and I see you had lots of goodies,so I am assuming now you will behave an let me have mine )
    I can not wait for the pictures!! Sounds like a very good time, wish I was there to see you and give you and jimmy a hug! ( and the rest of the crew) Are you tired? do you need a rest from your vacation? I always did lol! Have a good day!!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    Totally cool y friend!! I enjoyed this trip report!! ( and I see you had lots of goodies,so I am assuming now you will behave an let me have mine )
    I can not wait for the pictures!! Sounds like a very good time, wish I was there to see you and give you and jimmy a hug! ( and the rest of the crew) Are you tired? do you need a rest from your vacation? I always did lol! Have a good day!!
    I'm not letting you off that easily. I allowed for a little indulgence, but most of the time I was making good choices. I'm gonna get PB to watch you since she'll be motivated from getting in shape to ride with me right after your trip.
    Jimmie's pretty tired. I seem to be over the soreness from all the walking, and I'm already jonesing for a bike ride.

I'm still working on the pictures. Meanwhile, you'll have to be satisfied with my new avatar.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

It was great meeting you and Jimmie! Had a great time and look forward to more meets with you guys!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad
    I'm not letting you off that easily. I allowed for a little indulgence, but most of the time I was making good choices. I'm gonna get PB to watch you since she'll be motivated from getting in shape to ride with me right after your trip.
    Jimmie's pretty tired. I seem to be over the soreness from all the walking, and I'm already jonesing for a bike ride.

I'm still working on the pictures. Meanwhile, you'll have to be satisfied with my new avatar.
    noo way))))))))))) OMg you are a tirant!!! fine, I will try to do my best, but if Buttercup steps into my path of the hot soft pretzels she goes down hard MR.!!

( I missed you ya lug!!! )

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Don't worry Karla, I know PB's secrets... I can make sure she doesn't deny you too much! Kidding!!!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast