Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Smile Trekkie Dad's at Disneyland! Woohoo! Now with Photos!

Here's a link to my Kodak gallery. I'll post some individual pics soon.

2/10 After just under seven hours on the road, we arrived, checked into Hojo's, and walked over to DL, redeemed our AP coupons, watched the fireworks, rode the train, and did a little light shopping on Main Street. Not much else to report yet, but we will get an early start on Saturday and make a full day of it. More to report then!
    Last edited by Trekkie Dad; 02-14-2006 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Adding link to Photo Gallery
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 5751 miles, 319,000 feet

• Banned User

Re: Trekkie Dad's at Disneyland! Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad
    2/10 After just under seven hours on the road, we arrived, checked into Hojo's, and walked over to DL, redeemed our AP coupons, watched the fireworks, rode the train, and did a little light shopping on Main Street. Not much else to report yet, but we will get an early start on Saturday and make a full day of it. More to report then!
    Yeah!!! I am so excited for you!! Have a wonderful time!! I hope you take pictures! report on the crowds, and tell us all about everything you do Have the best time friend!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

YAY!!! Have a great time!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

I hope you have a great time while you are in the Happiest place on earth! Please let us know about all the highlights and great moments. Oh and take some pictures of food for the food picture thread lol!

• Circle of Ancients

Trekkie Dad....hope you are having a great time!

• I'm your huckleberry.

Whoo hoo!!!! Can't wait to meet you and Jimmie tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Yea Trekkie Dad!
    Here's some MiceChat homework for you: Get a picture of you/yours in front of EVEY attraction you visit. Cheesy smiles and all! Then post them for us to enjoy. It's all about us left behind you know.

Have fun!
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Jennidisneyfer
    Yea Trekkie Dad!
    Here's some MiceChat homework for you: Get a picture of you/yours in front of EVEY attraction you visit. Cheesy smiles and all! Then post them for us to enjoy. It's all about us left behind you know.

Have fun!
    Actually I have taken some pictures--mostly of vegetation and food--but no cheesy pictures of us yet. But none will be uploaded until we are home. Didn't bring cables or card reader.

Breaktime report follows this post.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

2/11 It's break time! The day so far:

Got in the park at opening and headed straight for Space Mountain, but it wasn't open. So we did a couple of rides on the Matterhorn and went back to Space to find it open with a 10 min. wait. Not bad. Then it was Star Tours.

We decided to pick up a couple of FPs for Indy, but it wasn't open, so we had breakfast at Riverbelle. While DW was finishing her coffee, I went back and got the Indy FPs.

After breakfast, we rode Big Thunder and walked through Fantasyland to ride small world and Roger Rabbit. Then we took the train to NOS and cashed in our Indy FPs.

By then it was time for lunch at BB, and we were seated waterside without even asking. I had the seafood and spinach salad; DW went for the Portobello mushroom, which I ended up finishing. We split a fried cheescake dessert. (Server's name was David.)

After lunch we headed over to DCA, picked up FPs for Soarin', and stood in a long queue for Monsters, Inc. It was a cute ride with enough detail to bear repeating. Now we are back in our room taking a break.

After the break, we'll go back and do Soarin'. After that, who knows? On the last few trips to DL, DW has had trouble with her feet blistering, but with the shoes the doc recommend, she's doing much better this time (so far).

It started out cool and overcast this morning, but now it's strictly shirtsleeve weather. Nevertheless, I'm going to take my sweatshirt with me when I go back.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad
    2/11 It's break time! The day so far:

Got in the park at opening and headed straight for Space Mountain, but it wasn't open. So we did a couple of rides on the Matterhorn and went back to Space to find it open with a 10 min. wait. Not bad. Then it was Star Tours.

We decided to pick up a couple of FPs for Indy, but it wasn't open, so we had breakfast at Riverbelle. While DW was finishing her coffee, I went back and got the Indy FPs.

After breakfast, we rode Big Thunder and walked through Fantasyland to ride small world and Roger Rabbit. Then we took the train to NOS and cashed in our Indy FPs.

By then it was time for lunch at BB, and we were seated waterside without even asking. I had the seafood and spinach salad; DW went for the Portobello mushroom, which I ended up finishing. We split a fried cheescake dessert. (Server's name was David.)
    Awwwwwww haaaaaa so the man does like desert!!! I was worried for a minute!!! ok, good for you, you ate good, and had a yummy,
    After lunch we headed over to DCA, picked up FPs for Soarin', and stood in a long queue for Monsters, Inc. It was a cute ride with enough detail to bear repeating. Now we are back in our room taking a break.

After the break, we'll go back and do Soarin'. After that, who knows? On the last few trips to DL, DW has had trouble with her feet blistering, but with the shoes the doc recommend, she's doing much better this time (so far).

It started out cool and overcast this morning, but now it's strictly shirtsleeve weather. Nevertheless, I'm going to take my sweatshirt with me when I go back.
    I can not wait to see the pictures, and the food hee hee hee !!
    Missing ya!

• Still wants to be a cat!

Look forward to seeing you on Sunday...will take lots of cheesy pictures for Karla!!! How was the Shrimp? Never tried that.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    Look forward to seeing you on Sunday...will take lots of cheesy pictures for Karla!!! How was the Shrimp? Never tried that.
    yay!!! I love cheesy pictures!! like the kind anders girl frined did with the man under her foot ha ha ha that was awsome! you know I love a goofy shot. get a shot of trekkie eating something, he has been making me feel guilty about talk food LOL!

have fun

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Wolfy's going to have a hard time getting a picture of me eating, since we won't be having lunch together.

And the seafood spinach salad was very tasty.

• Senior Minion

Trekkie, Nice to see you are having a good time! Looks like things are going great! I expect some extra miles after this weekend 's eating!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast