Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Katie and I Sunk a Ride!!!!!

We walked off of Splash Mtn. My kids talk about it all the time. They like to say that we got stuck looking at the bears bottom , right before you go on the fun bumps. I did take a picture of my family waiting under the trees. They took us out the back which I started to video tape but got yelled at, oops. We must have been by the trash because it was really stinky . They gave us fast passes, but it was 10:30 at night and we had no idea if they would be running it again, and of course they can't give you any idea of if they are or not. It also isn't a ride you can pop on by to see if it is up again, so we waited about 15 min. and luckily, it came back up. Now my 6 yr. old asks me all the time about what would happen if we got stuck on such and such a ride. The one he asks me about the most is POTC. He wants to know how you get out of the water if you are by the ships. I have no idea, so if any of you can tell me so I have an answer for him, that would be great .

• For old time sake

NNL, I swear we sunk it......those peeps who got to go back stage with their rocket on Space "sunk" it...so we sunk Monsters, so just pbbbbtttt LOL
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Senior Minion

That's a great photo Aladdin! It must have been a hoot with you too.
    My ultimate wish is too ride Space with the lights on just once. I'm so curious what it looks like. I have seen all the online videos. Glad you two had a good time.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• For old time sake

Tic Toc. I'd rather ride Space in the dark. I wanted to pee my pants when the lights were on, but it was cool. Where was this video you speak of?
    Katie
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Senior Minion

Hmmm?The videos I speak of have been posted on here(links) Also you can do a search for it online.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Tic Toc, Katie has pics too! I did have fun sinking it with
    you DK!!!! I think the people in the first 2 rows of our cab
    enjoyed us too! hee hee hee

• For old time sake

I think the people in front of us were annoyed. I need to upload my pics.....
    Katie
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Official Mice Chat person

To tell ya the truth, I've never been on a ride that's broken down in my LIFE. About 13 years of going to DL I've never had the opportunity of walking off of a ride, or at the least getting stuck on one.. just for a few minutes at least. Not even Rocket Rods

• Senior Minion

Here's the video. http://cinemazement.com/blog/?page_id=14
    This has been around for a while.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin
    Tic Toc, Katie has pics too! I did have fun sinking it with
    you DK!!!! I think the people in the first 2 rows of our cab
    enjoyed us too! hee hee hee
    Lol That's cool. I hope to see the pics soon.

• Married and happy again!!

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I walked off POTC...after 45 minutes of listening to that blasted song. i was NOT happy,,,nor did I find it cool. We did get a pass for the front of the line...that was ok, but I would have rather had my 45 min. that i spent in torture back...LOL
    I got to know where where you stuck? When we broke down on that one we where at the final scene where the Pirate captain is firing his gun. We got to walk right up past him (and warned not bump the gun as it was hot and could burn us). What sucked was 3 boats ahead was the exit. to be that close and to have to sit there for 20 min and see the exit but not be able to exit. And you are right the song got very annoying I didn't want to hear it at all (lol). My mom used to get even with me when I was being bad by starting to sing it. It worked for years ......LOL. I love the song now that I am older.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

I've never had to walk off of a ride either...at least, not in the middle of it.

Got close one time, tho....we got on Indy...and our car wouldn't go. We had to get off, and then they closed the ride!
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

I was on the Great Movie Ride once (this had to be the early 90's) and I don't know what happened - if it was struck my lightning or what, but all the lights went out briefly - then emergency power came on and all the AA's were 'twitching' - it was VERY creepy. We got to the Indiana Jones temple/jewel/idol scene and they went through the script as normal - but none of the effects were working - so instead of the gangster being cremated he threw his hand on the jewel - no smoke - no scream nothing - so like the actor he was he adlibbed... "I'm...I'm stuck! Hey get me down I can't let go!" and our 'driver' was like 'ummm ta da?" It was hilarious! So the cars had power, but none of the effects were really working that much and there was no theatrical lighting on - just overhead work lights. Then the car stopped in front of the Casablanca scene and our driver said "I'm gonna go check on whats happening" and left us there. I thought that was really strange. We were there for a good 5 minutes with Bogie just staring at us and twitching every once in a while. I will never forget that!!

• Element of Laughter

I've been walked off a few rides. A few months ago, I got walked off Roger Rabbit, back in 1999, got walked off Pinocchio.
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

• Life is Great!

i have never walked off a ride either, once in the late 80's i was on space mtn and it stopped near the end, the lights came on and someone came out and gave us a push which gave us enough momentum to get to the end, it was cool seeing the inside, but its usually my luck that the ride breaks down right as im about to be the next to get on
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12