View Poll Results: What are you gonna do next?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Decide on the theme and direction for D.C.A. and build out the Timon Lot area

36 44.44%
  • Add a couple of more attractions to D.C.A. and continue "placemaking" plan

28 34.57%
  • Remodel Tomorrowland (PeopleMover, Innoventions, HISTA, AstroOrbitor)

46 56.79%
  • Bring back Toon Town (new coaster, return JolleyTrolleys)

12 14.81%
  • Add new Disney resort hotels to add capacity

5 6.17%
  • OTHER... (What do you think is most needed at DLR today?)

2 2.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Smile DLR: Where to begin remodelling

OK so you're John Lassiter, newly hired Creative Exec, what are you gonna do next?

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Re: DLR: Where to begin remodelling

Fantasy Waters.

• Hooterville, USA

Start reading Micechat to get great ideas! Also, bring back Peoplemover, put the rockets back where they were, and lose Innoventions.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

Finalize plans for remodels for the entrance of California Adventure, Sunshine Plaza, Hollywood Pictures Backlot, and Paradise Pier. The remodels will sweep through these lands very quickly and begin as soon another ends. For instance, when the Sunshine Plaza nears completion, Hollywood Pictures Backlot will continue in its second remodel phase. I have approved plans to elaborate on the transition between Tower of Terror and Hollywood Blvd. A formal courtyard with a grand Pueblo Deco style fountain will grace the center of the yard and lush trees and foliage will surround the existing area in an attempt to shut out noise and hide the power lines behind the walls. The steel starcase will be built over with a detailed facade of a 1930's Hollywood style theater as will the face of the theater that currently sports the blue sky mural. It will recieve a much more realistic entrance that will lead to the courtyard and eventually into the theater. The Animation building that is visible from the queue and Tower of Terror line will also be convereted into a false, but detailed look of other building fronts that are from the 1930's period. There will be a "Hollywood Tower Hotel" sign added before you turn onto the Sunshine Blvd. culvasack. Of course this sign will sport an abandoned look similar to the tower itself.

The entrance to the park itself will see the removal of the Golden Gate bridge and tial murals. The Guest realtions office will be enclosed and enlarged with a formal information center and reception desk. The stroller rental will be moved outside the park (into the esplanade area as will Disneyland's). The Sunshine Plaza will be convereted into a lush and richly detailed forested area with tall red-wood trees, craftsman style storefronts, and brick and stone walkways that wrap around the u-shaped area. This theme will have overflowed from the entry way with craftsman style turnstiles, planters that look to be stacked out of rustic stone with large, craftsman style lanters to provide romantic lighting for the area. The California letters will be slightly re-worked and incorporated with the craftsman entrance.

The esplanade area will sport a grand fountain that comes alive to orchestration with music and tall fountain jets that stream into the air. Designed to bring the esplanade area to life. In place of the current light posts will be planters with trees and rich flower-scapes. At night, the entire area will dim and transform to a lively 3 minute water show complete with tunes from both parks.

Also underway for Disney's California Adventure is new entertainment. A water show will play 2 times every night. Similar to shows presented at Bellagio in Las Vegas, this 15 minute show will be accompanied by an all new soundtrack of Disney medleys that come together to accompany this show. The waters of Paradise Bay will transform into colorful colums of water and burst of pyrotechnics each night.

After the entrance and Hollywood area designs are completed, the Paradise Pier area of the park will soon begin a transformation. As ambitious as the entry plaza construction will be, Paradise Pier will transform into a richly themed boardwalk from the golden days. Currently a steel and concrete mess dressed will tacky carnival references. Instead of a 1950's and 60's theme, the area will be transported back to the 20's era with a true Victorian/Newport theme. The existing Ariel's Grotto will transform itself from the sand castle-inspired architecture into a fanciful Victorian sea front resturant. Traveling further into the land, guests will also be surrounded by a rich Vistorian and Newport theme. Stucko will be no more as will references such as "Maliburrito" and "Strips, Dips, and Chips." The California Screamin' queue, loading, and visible maitnence facilities will also be convereted into a Victorain theme admist a sea-side thrill. This remodel will wrap in and out of every Paradise Pier attraction from the entrance sign to Golden Zephyr. Handpainted murals, intricate woodwork, and grand themes from the 20's will give the area a much more proper and respected theme.

This will then provide an easier transition into the San Fransico area of the park. Although plans have not been finalized, the area will elaborate on the Golden State Park idea and recieve a much more lush theme. The current exspansive and bare walkways will be taken in as more planters with flowers, full grown trees, fountains, and photo spots are implemented. Viewing for future Paradise Bay entertainment will also be installed in the way New Orleans Sqaure is done for Fantasmic! viewing.

After these key areas of focus have been perfected with Disney-quality themeing, plans in the works for the farm, air-field, mission, and wharf areas of DCA will push forward and do the same for these areas of the park. After each land has been thouroughly re-themed, construction will begin on several new rides in the works for the park. These rides will have detailed themes ans stories hoping to become exclusive and unique to Disney's California Adventure.

Other simple re-designs that were looked over and forgotten in the initial construction of the park will be taken care of. For instance, a "berm" will be put together in an attempt to block out ugly sightlines from inside the park. Lighting and sound systems that line the parade route of the park will be taken down and itegrated into scenery much more professionally so they don't distract or take away from important thematic elements.

That would be my plans for the park's rennovations.
    Last edited by DisneyMickey; 02-12-2006 at 11:59 PM.

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

fire mickey and replace him with Oswald

just kidding

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

DisneyMickey: All good ideas, and from what Al is saying, you may have Leotavision.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I vote for an area based on Radiator Springs from Cars with a test track derivitive with talking cars plus a more serious / thrilling WINTER OLYMPICS MOUNTAIN area and a bit of Disney Sea themed Oceanside attractions in the Timon lot.

Then you add desert snow and sea to D.C.A., and you have a more complete California experience.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Tomorrowland is still way ahead... I guess the Monorails, Submarines and Space Mountain on top of Buzz Lightyear isn't enough? I agree but in Disney's minds aren't they thinking they're gonna be through refurbishing soon? Or not. Maybe Lassiter will push the pencil neck geeks and their spreadsheets aside.

This is a very far-fetched idea for a retheme, but I've been thinking about this for a few days...It is kind of weird, possibly politically incorrect, or really not possible

Star City- Theme

Basis: Cosmonaut-type Atomic age of Space Exploration

Colors: Greys, Reds, Silver.

Style: Aged 1950s/1960s

• (roller coaster) Space Mountain High speed trip through the cosmos
    • (simulator) Cosmic Journeys See the wonders of the universe, both the big and small (Replaces Star Tours)
    • (controlled cars) Lunartopia Pilot your own space buggy over the lunar landscape
    • (spinner ride) Star Jets Fly high above Cosmos plaza in your own rocket
    • (centrifuge) Mission: Space Try your hand at cosmonaut training in a space adventure (area covers over innoventions/mission to mars)
    • (omnimover) Buzz Lightyear's Star Command Battle the sworn enemies of the galaxy with Buzz Lightyear
    • (monorail) Disney Resort Line Station Monorail
    • (center) Cosmos Plaza Celebrate the wonders of space exploration in the plaza
    • (submarine) Submarine Voyage Take a voyage thru polar ice caps on an submarine
    • (peoplemover) WEDWay Peoplemover A transit system of the cosmic exploration capital
    • (circle vision) Final Frontiers - A circle vision theater where Hista was, shows space in 360 degrees, the international space station, and space launches.

• Disney Cub

Ok, here's my idea, I know it's a little drastic but it just might work! Shut down the ENTIRE park for a year and remodel the whole thing at once. With attendance levels as low as they are, they cant be making much $$ keeping DCA open in it's current state so close it for a year and work like crazy! Disneyland is short on CMs so all the people working at DCA could be reasinged positions at DL for a year and then a massive hiring push could start 4 months before the new park opens. Closing the entire park for a year will show that the Disney Company is serious about fixing DCA and will build excitement and anticipation to see the new park.
    "Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role."
    -Walt Disney

http://www.myspace.com/gregoryj

• Disney Cub

Ok, here's my idea, I know it's a little drastic but it just might work! Shut down the ENTIRE park for a year and remodel the whole thing at once. With attendance levels as low as they are, they cant be making much $$ keeping DCA open in it's current state so close it for a year and work like crazy! Disneyland is short on CMs so all the people working at DCA could be reasinged positions at DL for a year and then a massive hiring push could start 4 months before the new park opens. Closing the entire park for a year will show that the Disney Company is serious about fixing DCA and will build excitement and anticipation to see the new park.
    "Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role."
    -Walt Disney

http://www.myspace.com/gregoryj

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood
    This is a very far-fetched idea for a retheme, but I've been thinking about this for a few days...It is kind of weird, possibly politically incorrect, or really not possible

Star City- Theme

• (roller coaster) Space Mountain High speed trip through the cosmos
    • (simulator) Cosmic Journeys See the wonders of the universe, both the big and small (Replaces Star Tours)
    • (controlled cars) Lunartopia Pilot your own space buggy over the lunar landscape
    • (spinner ride) Star Jets Fly high above Cosmos plaza in your own rocket
    • (centrifuge) Mission: Space Try your hand at cosmonaut training in a space adventure (area covers over innoventions/mission to mars)
    • (omnimover) Buzz Lightyear's Star Command Battle the sworn enemies of the galaxy with Buzz Lightyear
    • (monorail) Disney Resort Line Station Monorail
    • (center) Cosmos Plaza Celebrate the wonders of space exploration in the plaza
    • (submarine) Submarine Voyage Take a voyage thru polar ice caps on an submarine
    • (peoplemover) WEDWay Peoplemover A transit system of the cosmic exploration capital
    • (circle vision) Final Frontiers - A circle vision theater where Hista was, shows space in 360 degrees, the international space station, and space launches.
    That does in fact remind me a lot of how the Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland was refurbished in 1994. I loved that Tomorrowland until Buzz came and spread his out-of-theme feces.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Yeah it is vaguely reminisent of WDW MK TL94 remake, but they were going for the 20s/30s Buck Rogers style, and I was thinking more to the Space Race between USSR and USA of the 50s/60s, and it would be an excuse to keep the subs and dump the finding nemo. I mean Tomorrowland around the world we have seen The World of 1986, The World on the Move, Urban Utopias, Discoveryland, Agrifuture, The Future that Never Was, and Mixed(hk)....we have seen the proposed discoveryland usa, tomorrowland 2055, scifi city, etc. I think that they need to try something different.

• Live from Progress City

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood

Star City- Theme

I. Love. This. Idea.

They'd never do it in a million years, but I would absolutely love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    I vote for an area based on Radiator Springs from Cars with a test track derivitive with talking cars plus a more serious / thrilling WINTER OLYMPICS MOUNTAIN area and a bit of Disney Sea themed Oceanside attractions in the Timon lot.

Then you add desert snow and sea to D.C.A., and you have a more complete California experience.
    I like your idea of the sea, snow, desert elements. They make California interesting to drive a few hours from the desert (Death Valley), the mountains (Mammoth) to the sea (Pacific Ocean)..

I like the snow concept. California does have Mammoth and Squaw Valley/Lake Tahoe, and they could add a snow mountain theme, and in a ways spiritually put the Country Bears in their original location, Mineral King, as Walt Disney wanted. Add a E-Ticket, a Classic, and some C- and B- ticket attractions. Voila, a new land with a true Californian theme.

As for Cars, keep the desert theme and a drag race through the desert floor, but I think that maybe that Pixar should sit thatr one out. They could have a hot air balloon race attraction too. Something neat.

I think if they do some modifications, to Paradise Pier they have the sea elements.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast