• Super saucy pixie!

Real quick question for the regulars...

I'm off to Disneyland on a Friday coming up. What has attendence been like on Fridays lately? I asked my sign-in CM friend what it's been like, but she only knows DCAs attendence, which doesn't assist me much. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance!

Re: Real quick question for the regulars...

ey i'm going this friday too!! but i'm expecting it will be pretty busy. not as busy as christmas season or summer, but i'm expecting it will be quite busy. This upcomign weekend is a three day weekend, so like me, i'm expecting a lot of people to come, probably a lot afterschool too so you'll probably see a large influx of people come after 3:00 pmish.
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

This PARTICULAR Friday may be problematic in that most schools will be out on Monday, Feb 20, and several companies may be giving four day weekends to their employees. The college that I work for has both Friday and Monday off. If it's AFTER the 20th, I think you will be in good shape on Fridays through early March until late afternoon when many folks begin arriving for the weekend. By mid March, some campuses are already out for spring break. (Like mine)

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    This PARTICULAR Friday may be problematic in that most schools will be out on Monday, Feb 20, and several companies may be giving four day weekends to their employees.
    FWIW, few private sector companies give Presidents day off (I have never worked for a company where it was paid holiday). But since so many people work for the gov't, there will be crowds.

• See Ya Real Soon!

We get Presidents Day off (non-government employeer) but we only get Monday not Friday off. I am very lucky. I think I get every Bank Holiday off expect Columbus (invasion) Day.

• Super saucy pixie!

Thanks for the advice! It'll probably be the last Friday of the month or the first in March, not quite sure yet. Thankfully I"ll be missing the holiday!

• no flash photography...

Not sure if this is helpful, but alot of schools had a 3 day weekend this week and today was very busy and it was way to hot for me. I do not like humidity. When I was on the I driving home the temp was at 92...not sure how hot it was in the parks, but ti was to hot IMO...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by disneychrista
    I am very lucky. I think I get every Bank Holiday off expect Columbus (invasion) Day.
    You are very lucky. Most private sector employers give just the following days:

New Years Day
    Memorial Day
    4th of July
    Labor Day
    Thanksgiving
    Day after Thanksgiving
    Christmas Day

I have worked at places (From Fortune 500 to small start ups) that also gave MLK day or Good Friday off, but that was it. I have also seen places that do not give the day after Thanksgiving off!

A trend I am seeing is that employers might provide additional "floating/personal holidays", and thus rounding out the total to 10 days or so.

Also, I would hold too much against Columbus. Had he not "invaded" there would be no Disneyland today.

• See Ya Real Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by fkurucz
    Also, I would hold too much against Columbus. Had he not "invaded" there would be no Disneyland today.
    Sure there would have it just wouldn't have been located where it is today.