Likelihood of ticket price increase in January?

I wanted to ask, how likely do you think that Disneyland will be raising the prices of its tickets/passes sometime around January 1?

I looked at the historical ticket information on Wikipedia's Disneyland article (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disneyland, about three-quarters of the way down the article), and they last raised ticket prices twice in the same year in 2006, and also in 2005.

With the publicity around the 60th anniversary celebration this year, do you think they might do the same this year (like they did with the 50th anniversary)?

Practically speaking, if I'm considering a family trip in January, should I buy my tickets now from the Disneyland website? The tickets would be valid until Dec. 31, 2015.

Re: Likelihood of ticket price increase in January?

This has been discussed in the rumors and ideas threads regarding the future of the parks for a few months and general consensus seems to be that Disney may shy away from a steep single day ticket increase as has happened in the past to avoid crossing the $100 mark. If you're considering single day tickets, it probably won't increase more than $3 per ticket. Multiday and AP's will likely be picking up the bulk of the increases, but they may be minor for the January hike this year, with the looming 60th. I fully expect a second increase in May, when all the refurbs are done and right before launching the 60th.

All that said, whenever you can afford to buy and it still falls within the window of your visit is a good idea. The prices don't really drop anymore...

• Down Pluto!

I would count on it. Disney Execs aren't nearly rich enough...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

I agree that a price increase before the summer is an absolute certainty.

But what about TWO price increases in 2015? Does Disney feel that the new entertainment/attraction enhancements/offerings for the 60th anniversary celebration are enough that the public would absorb two separate price increases within six months?

If I remember correctly, the 50th anniversary celebration was announced about a half year before the actual promotion, including new shows or attractions in all the Disney theme parks. There doesn't seem to have been as much hype surrounding Disneyland's 60th anniversary.

Personally I am hoping for a single price increase in May, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a modest increase just after New Year's.

Diddent the increase this year hit in May or announced then?

I'm guessing March this year. Not currently guessing on whether they'll do it twice, but if they did, I'd guess March+Sept (to up it before the Halloween+Holidaytime folks show up).

I have already bought my ticket for July just incase they raise prices
    Matthew

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    I wanted to ask, how likely do you think that Disneyland will be raising the prices of its tickets/passes sometime around January 1?

I looked at the historical ticket information on Wikipedia's Disneyland article (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disneyland, about three-quarters of the way down the article), and they last raised ticket prices twice in the same year in 2006, and also in 2005.

With the publicity around the 60th anniversary celebration this year, do you think they might do the same this year (like they did with the 50th anniversary)?

Practically speaking, if I'm considering a family trip in January, should I buy my tickets now from the Disneyland website? The tickets would be valid until Dec. 31, 2015.
    What kind of increase would make you reconsider making the trip?
    And what kind of trip are we discussing? A three-day trip? A one-day, no-overnight trip?
    Lots of attractions will be closed in January. So, probably not a price increase in January.
    Also, if you bought tickets and didn't use them, you could probably get your money back.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Typically, Disney has done price increases in June. I know last year, they jumped ahead and did the increase in May.

Since January is less than 2 weeks away... why don't you just order your tickets online, right now, and save yourself the potential worry.

I don't it gets to the $100 mark, but $99 is likely, though virtually the same. It will be interesting if Disney ever does get that far, but I don't put it past them, for they will come up with some "value" crap, as if a day in the park is worth the amount they charge now.
    "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds. The Main Street Electrical Parade!"

Quote Originally Posted by rob3gd View Post
    I don't it gets to the $100 mark, but $99 is likely, though virtually the same. It will be interesting if Disney ever does get that far, but I don't put it past them, for they will come up with some "value" crap, as if a day in the park is worth the amount they charge now.
    yeah, I think that's a ways off; there are plenty of other ways for them to make even more money before they take that step (christmas parties done like the halloween ones, cutting fridays out of the so cal passes which will cause even more pass upgrades, etc.)

but, when the star wars stuff arrives that's probably when it will happen and people will be glad to pay it..

• C4C6C

Maybe I am living in a cave. There is publicity for this???
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Well its never too early(or late) to look for a bargain. You might want to try MouseSavers or AAA to see if you can find a price you like. You also may want to consider buying a CityPass if you are going to Universal as well as Disneyland.
    "A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." Eeyore

What? Disney raising prices? Nah! Never happen!

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post
    Maybe I am living in a cave. There is publicity for this???
    There hasn't been a ton of publicity for the anniversary yet, but you can bet once the year is upon us, it'll be full blown.