• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Exclamation Fantasmic Accident

But beware! Nothing is more powerful than...a crocodile running at full speed.

A typical sibling trip on the weekend, my sister and I went to Disneyland last night (1/3), and were treated to a little bit of extra "magic". So we were passing by the 8:45 show of Fantasmic over by the "secret path" in front of Splash Mountain going towards the show when all of a sudden there is a loud WHAM. We look and we see the Ariel barge floating back towards its origin point. Odd, but nothing tragic. Then we make the turn where the Mark Twain or Columbia usually parks, and in front of that place is Tick Tock from the Peter Pan segment right in front of several people, with a crew boat surrounding it. The two other princess floats are standing there, and when the segment ends, they remain there. All I know from this point is that it's not going to end well. Th show gets cancelled right as the Evil Queen summons the Magic Mirror, and people are mad. At that point, all I kne was that we had to get somewhere where crowds wouldn't eat us up. We dove into the Mansion, and walked right into the ride to avoid the madness outside.

As the night went on, I learned that the Crocodile float had barged right into the Ariel barge when transitioning into their scenes. The more I thought about it, the performers did seem a little shaken about not going on, because they were literally shaken! Hope that no one was seriously injured, even though the later show (I assume) went off just fine.

If anyone has a link to this event, please post it below! Nothing on it at the moment I'm afraid!
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

• formerly very helpful

Re: Fantasmic Accident

I don't have any information, but I'm glad it seemed that nobody was really hurt badly.

• The doctor is in

Things like this are bound to happen. Fantasmic hasn't been a longstanding nightly offering in quite sometime so it will take a while to work out the kinks.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

Tick-Tock completed his part of the show, but then drifted toward the island blocking the princess raft entering from that end of the river. I did not see or hear a collosion, but the lights on the raft and Tick-Tock were then turned off. The show continued with only 2 rafts, but was then halted.

Tick-Tock caused issue with the first showing on the 1st as well. About half way through his segment he spun out and stalled. Caused about a 20 min delay in the show until they towed him out of the way

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Things like this are bound to happen. Fantasmic hasn't been a longstanding nightly offering in quite sometime so it will take a while to work out the kinks.
    Sarcasm duly noted.

• I'm a fiddle player......

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandMaster View Post
    Th show gets cancelled right as the Evil Queen summons the Magic Mirror, and people are mad. At that point, all I kne was that we had to get somewhere where crowds wouldn't eat us up. We dove into the Mansion, and walked right into the ride to avoid the madness outside.!
    Probably a lot more angry people who bought into the dinning experience and knowing they just wasted their money.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by denyuntilcaught View Post
    Sarcasm duly noted.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

Barges go BID (boat in distress) every now and then. If it affects the show, then there is a problem. Otherwise, the occasional bumper-boats backstage will happen with floating stages.

That sound pretty scary. I hope no performer is injured.

• Minion

The midnight show on NYE had only two princess stages. Belle and Beast were missing.
    Last edited by bigcatrik; 01-05-2015 at 08:32 AM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The rest of the show was not cancelled. Just caused a delay until they could clean up the... mess.