View Poll Results: What Sub layout would you prefer?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Atlantis

30 30.93%
  • Little Mermaid

21 21.65%
  • Finding Nemo

16 16.49%
  • Original Layout

30 30.93%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Maybe it should have new original themeing that does not have to do with a movie but might be based around the future of exploring the oceans or living under the water...
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Retlaw Yensid
    Maybe it should have new original themeing that does not have to do with a movie but might be based around the future of exploring the oceans or living under the water...
    I'd say for me that ties with Atlantis for the best idea. I would LOVE to see it re-made, without having to base it on a movie. This is Tomorrowlad, after all, not Merchandise-Tie-In-Land...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

I didn't vote because you didn't have a "tear the damn thing out, already" option.
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    I'd say for me that ties with Atlantis for the best idea. I would LOVE to see it re-made, without having to base it on a movie. This is Tomorrowlad, after all, not Merchandise-Tie-In-Land...
    I'm sure they could figure out a way to have an under water ODV or a UWV (under water vending)
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

• LoisAlene

Quote Originally Posted by Retlaw Yensid
    I agree entirely! In the original ride, we were trying to go under the polar ice cap. This has been done, and isn't really "tomorrow" anymore. I'd like to see something with Antarctica instead. Let's go see the underside of that 100 mile long iceberg - and discover some new life forms along the way. Why, you could even incorporate some Atlantean bits. Discovery is very much a part of tomorrow. If we don't get a arctic motif, I'd be happy with a tropical motif. BUT NO NEMO - unless it's CAPTAIN Nemo!

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    I would LOVE to see it re-made, without having to base it on a movie. This is Tomorrowlad, after all, not Merchandise-Tie-In-Land...
    Yes, but with a retrofit I'm sure that you would exit through a lovely gift shop!
    Last edited by Momzilla59; 03-23-2005 at 05:46 PM. Reason: lost my train o thought!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Feel the breeze!

Part of the reason I say Atlantis is that I would REALLY like to see Disney return to developing rides which rely on characters that DISNEY created. They way they are using Pixar created characters as of late...<sighs> Well, I find it sad.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Amithea
    Part of the reason I say Atlantis is that I would REALLY like to see Disney return to developing rides which rely on characters that DISNEY created. They way they are using Pixar created characters as of late...<sighs> Well, I find it sad.
    They actually put a sign up for an Atlantis attraction but then the movie didn't do so well (or at least as they hoped) and it was never done. I have a picture of me with the sign too somewhere... I would personally like a Mermaid version since Mermaid is my favorite movie. I would much rather have something here rather than nothing!!

• Minion

Well, as I just finished posting elsewhere, I'd like to see Disney develop ride characters independent of the films. Worked for PotC, HM, Country Bears... Who knows, maybe someday we'll be seeing Liquid Space: The Movie based on the retooling of the original theme.

My ultimate favorite idea is a revisiting of the SeaCastle concept from Horizons. Touring an underwater city, discovering sea creatures that the 21st Century doesn't have the technology to find. Some show elements (ruins, volcano) can even remain in place, but get new AAs to replace the 46-year-old technology and put in divers, other forced=perspective subs and watercraft, etc.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    As much as we love to miss it, Subs wasn't the most exciting ride. I don't think that an overlay of some sort would be a bad thing to freshen it up and give a good reason to reopen it. However, a toon themed overlay to a Tomorrowland attraction doesn't sit well with me. You can't just change the lands, because the Monorail and Autopia are layered above the Subs.

My vote would be for an Atlantis theme. You don't have to put the characters in it. Just have the general retro-future look of the movie and a strong plot. Perhaps an interactive element as well (such as robotic arms that you can use to pick up gold coins, or fight a sea beast with).
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

I would have liked 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea as an option.

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-27-2005 at 08:39 PM.

• Senior Minion

I Like the Atlantis Idea and the original. But it I definitely would like to see the 20,000 Leagues return. (I can dream, can't I?)
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Walt Disney Disciple

I loved Finding Nemo but I can't believe I'm saying this but I think I'd rather have Little Mermaid or the mediocre Atlantis over that. Atlantis would at least sort of kind of fit Tomorrowland.
    Kevin Crossman
    Disneyland and Disney California Adventure fan
    Disney's Animal Kingdom Fans: http://twitter.com/AnimKingdomFans

• Magical Memories fanzine

I personally dont see why you couldnt put a little of each theme in there, basically overlayed on top of a original more futuristic ride. For example: the main ride is about the future of people living on the bottom of the ocean on constant basis, however you may see Arial and flounder off to the side waving hi, you may see the Atlantis ruins from the movie, you could see the Nautilus hidden back in a cove somewhere. putting all these themes together logically would do two things; ensure the longevity of the ride and its timelessness, and provide the buffer between fantasyland and tomorrowland by being both themes at the same time. But things would have to be done subtly... kind of like hidden mickeys where you can see them if looking for them, but they ar not part of the main overall theme. You could see the statue of Eric inside a little cave with a bunch of Arial's other treasures, you could have some of the fish from finding Nemo float past, actually ANY disney movie with an underwater theme could apply; you could have a sunken ship with the masthead of sponge and spiker from James and the Giant Peach (yes with this theme you could even add to the fun by putting in more obscure movies). So really you have two rides in one: the tomorrowland exploration of the future of ocean living, and a Disney movie "treasure hunt", appealing to both children and adults all in the same ride.

And one of my personal fave scenes could be included in the background: the briny ballroom from bedknobs and broomsticks.

• Minion

Well, one concept I had was basically one that could easily incorporate known Disney characters but maintain a level of futurism. The whole concept for Tomorrowland would be a vision of what Pleasure Island might look like 200 years from now. Picture this Tomorrowland's sub as a cross between the original Subs and Star Tours. The sub is actually resort transportation. You start out in the reef, where you encounter the Nemo hotel, perhaps designed to look like WDW's Dolphin hotel. Nemo can even show up to wave at the tourists, with his good fin of course. And you pass through Ariel's Kingdom resort, and maybe Santaland (no one has seen it because it's under the polar ice caps, of course), etc. Your tour guide narrates the journey in an amusing way. Maybe Ellen as Dory could be our offical tourguide.

Of course, the subs themselves could be outfitted for more motion and speed, and our "driver" could actually "hit" a few structures along the way. And the ride could end because your resort was built atop a crack in the earth-s crust and just as you were docking, it got demolished in an undersea quake, and the sub has to race to the surface for safety.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast