View Poll Results: What Sub layout would you prefer?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Atlantis

30 30.93%
  • Little Mermaid

21 21.65%
  • Finding Nemo

16 16.49%
  • Original Layout

30 30.93%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Original Mice-Chatter

NO Edu-tainment!!!! I don't want a Discovery channel mishmosh of how man will live and research under the sea- make it FUN!

• My Children's Father

How hard would it be to bring in LM characters where the old ride had mermaids, Nemo characters where they have fish, or Atlantis theming inside the show building ..... wrecked subs from the movie, the leviathan, maybe some "live" AAs .......

Something for everyone!
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Baybeh!

Original layout or 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea would be my vote.

What's with this overlay idea? Build a new attraction, not just dress up a dead site.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Kram Sacul
    What's with this overlay idea? Build a new attraction, not just dress up a dead site.
    They spent like 5 million in 2003 repairing that lagoon, there is no chance of them ripping it up now.

Maybe they should put a loop in!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    They spent like 5 million in 2003 repairing that lagoon, there is no chance of them ripping it up now.
    Besides, with all the hubbub about preserving Lincoln and the Tiki Birds and other historical parts of the park, are we really going to destroy the first ever E ticket?

If the old Subs go, that land had better be used for a new and improved, state-of-the-art lagoon and show building for Subs 2.0.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Banned User

20,000 Leagues or Atlantis for sure. But they both would have to be state of the art to get my WOW. I would hope for a Indy type overlay.

• With my wife....

In my bid to keep it tied to tomorrowland, I would vote for a Captain EO overlay.
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

I guess I'm the only dork that loved Nemo so much that I would be thrilled to see that built into it. Nemo had soo many characters and I think it would be easier to incorporate the movie into the ride. Like you are "finding Nemo". I've been on the subs before and they weren't that exciting. Also, I guess because they are gone and have been for a long time, people forgot how boring they are. At least they were to me....
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaPrincess
    I guess I'm the only dork that loved Nemo so much that I would be thrilled to see that built into it. Nemo had soo many characters and I think it would be easier to incorporate the movie into the ride. Like you are "finding Nemo". I've been on the subs before and they weren't that exciting. Also, I guess because they are gone and have been for a long time, people forgot how boring they are. At least they were to me....
    Well, you can't forget how boring something is if you never found it boring. And I never found the Subs boring, any more than I found HM or PotC boring. Even though PotC and HM benefitted from the esperience of creating the subs, AND from the AudioAnimatronics revolution, I actually found the Subs to be a more fascinating ride than those two.

Meanwhile, Atlantis was an under-rated movie, Mermaid was tolerable but nowhere near as good as the non-Disney version I grew up with (you know, the one that actually tells it correctly and doesn't fudge up the MORAL of the story), and Nemo was actually kinda dull. Dory was the best part. But, more importantly, what kind of ride can you create from the movie? What will the show scenes look like? If people thought the old Subs were boring, wait until they have to sit in that sub looking at things they can see in their local Walmart pet department.

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Banned User

Atlantis because the plan sounded so awsome. The Serpent was actually going to be remade to be scary and was gonna "break open" the sub.

• Minion

I'm really surprised to see so much support for an Atlantis theme. Is it just because it fits with the "futuristic" theme? Because I think making an attraction based on a successful movie is more important than sticking to theme..

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle
    I'm really surprised to see so much support for an Atlantis theme. Is it just because it fits with the "futuristic" theme? Because I think making an attraction based on a successful movie is more important than sticking to theme..
    Yeah, 'cuz that worked so well for the Pooh franchise

It's a themepark. Theme isn't everything, it's the only thing.

-- Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaPrincess
    Only because the ride was almost 50 years old and wasn't updated much at all. Imagine what they could do with state of the art technology. I would actually prefer the Atlantis theme because it sounds so awesome and the movie was awesome too. Very futuristic indeed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast