Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Rock Star Minion

Re: How to Improve the FastPass System

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    What possible adjustments (aside from eliminating or curtailing usage) do you think the FastPass system needs in order for it to work better?
    You are asking for The Empty Set.

Sheesh, not again? Is it two days after the full moon already?

1. Eliminate it. (Sorry, but it is the best way to improve it.)
    2. Limit the number of passes available, be it hourly (helps late-comers) or daily.
    3. Allow AP'ers only one a day.
    4. Allow AP'ers usage only during their first three days after most recent AP validation or renewal.
    5. Make return times dependent on a guest's current FastPass holdings.
    6. Enforce the return window. Make the window wider if necessary.
    7. Eliminate stand-by line. That will eliminate the "stand-by line whine." But, use all of the queue, so, for example, Indy could still be a 40-minute wait, but no more (barring a "101").
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    I like it the way it is. Go ahead and insult me all you want, but I enjoy it.

I may update the software so that mistakes are not made as often, but that's all I'd do.
    Me too...they could take it out of rides that don't need it (Buzz Lightyear and Star Tours) but other than that...it's fine.

• Drunken Disneyland Master

I dunno. I guess I am the only one that likes the present FastPass system (I can understand the removal to the Pirates, Mansion FPs). But maybe if they limited the FastPass more, or make it more scarce, like a maximum of 2 or 3 a day per guest or depending on what type of "pass" you hold. The "buying" of the FastPass sounds like a good idea, maybe offer more FPs to higher ticket prices. Lore always comes up with some pretty witting schemes. All in all, maybe they will just hold a lottery and all our Annual Premium Passholders will get FPs to "Tough to Be a Bug."

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    4. Allow AP'ers usage only during their first three days after most recent AP validation or renewal.
    Now that's not fair for AP's. Sure some go a lot. But not all abuse it. I normally go in the evenings and don't use a fast pass but still, in those instances when I have family from out of town or out of the country who come to visit. I take them to the park and show them around. They all get to get a fast pass and be clueless as to what's going on and I have to wait for them at the exit or have them ALL wait in the regular line just because I can't get a fast pass because I already got one for another ride a couple of hours earlier? Definetly have to disagree with you on this...

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    Now that's not fair for AP's. Sure some go a lot. But not all abuse it. I normally go in the evenings and don't use a fast pass but still, in those instances when I have family from out of town or out of the country who come to visit. I take them to the park and show them around. They all get to get a fast pass and be clueless as to what's going on and I have to wait for them at the exit or have them ALL wait in the regular line just because I can't get a fast pass because I already got one for another ride a couple of hours earlier? Definetly have to disagree with you on this...
    I don't concern myself with you (six uses of "I"). I am more concerned about Disneyland and how the guest base has changed in the past 11 years or so, and how that has created a change in the experience for all guests. For the worse, IMO. FastPass merely amplifies the change for the worse in the guest experience.
    You can disagree all you want, BTW.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    I like it the way it is. Go ahead and insult me all you want, but I enjoy it.
    I'm with you joshualee! I like Fastpass. It makes my trips much easier to enjoy.

I think the only people for whom FastPass causes a problem are those who choose to wait in Stand-By.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

You can disagree all you want, BTW.
    Yes I know I can.

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    Ideally I think enforcing the time window would be the best way to optimize the system, but logistically they can't really do that. Even barring the sort of things that can keep you from returning to the attraction within your window, if you get there with active FastPasses and the attraction is down, you shouldn't be penalized.
    I don't understand why you shouldn't be penalized. The FP is a reservation for a space in the line. If you are in the regular line and the ride goes down, you get out of line and lose your spot.

Also, if you have already given over your FP and the ride goes down, you lose your spot also.

The best thing for FP is to either get rid of it, or enforce the time windows.

• Quality not quantity

I like the Fastpass. I like it because off all the stupid people in the world. Too many aspects of our lives are governed by systems setup to protect stupid people from themselves. The teacups no longer spin, we have distracting safety spiels everywhere, glaring EXIT signs all over attractions, ect.. Why? Because some people are just dumb and our matriarchal society thinks it needs to protect every last one of them. As if stupid people were an endangered species.

Fastpass is a smart person benefit. If you are on the ball you can save yourself some time while those too lazy to figure out the "system" can stand in line for hours. That's fine with me. In fact the only improvement I would make would be to further obfuscate the process so less people can figure it out.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• What have I done?

That originally angered me; however what if we allow a system where the higher the AP (socal, deluxe and premium), the more usage you can get with the fastpass system in a single day? Because I like Lore's idea of charging for it. Most parks do in addition to entrance!

So Charge for FP for the average guest and restrict AP's (I myself am one) on a AP tiered system. Just an idea is all.

"This guy!"

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    Yes I know I can.
    (You were supposed to disagree with this.)

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinKing!
    So Charge for FP for the average guest and restrict AP's (I myself am one) on a AP tiered system. Just an idea is all.
    I'd rather charge AP'ers (and Cast member sign-in's) for the FP on a daily basis, after the first few visits (where an AP'er's amortized cost of admission is high). The average (non-AP?) guest pays plenty to get in for the one day. I see no reason to charge him/her any more. This isn't Universal, after all, which has to make money on "front-of-the-line" passes to stay in business.

• Quality not quantity

I'm just curious, with all the talk of AP's does anyone know what percentage of guests are AP'ers on an average day?

If you limit AP FastPass use would you really see a difference or just risk ticking off your more loyal client base?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• What have I done?

Hoenstly I dont see it feesible to charge an AP for use of fast pass on a daily basis. To curb there usage it would far be a better idea to limit how many times in a day the can use it. Really though how many times do most of us APers come in just for one ride during the week? Day? I know I do once every two weeks or so. I come in ride one ride and never touch the FP system. However it is beneficial to us when we do as stated previously want to show someone around the park who comes once or twice a year. We can spend more time showing the the details, the sights the sounds everythign that makes Disneyland, Disneyland without having to stand in line for hours on end!

I am all for FP in moderation.

"This guy!"

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner
    I'm just curious, with all the talk of AP's does anyone know what percentage of guests are AP'ers on an average day?

If you limit AP FastPass use would you really see a difference or just risk ticking off your more loyal client base?
    Well, there is a solution to that, but those threads are posted only on the day before the moon's first quarter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast