Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Clearing my Calendar

Re: How to Improve the FastPass System

Honestly, I like the system the way it is. Of course, I don't go on a regular basis and I haven't been since this 50th Celebration, so I haven't had to deal with massive stand-bys hardly at all.

I don't "maximize" my visit by running around for the first three hours of my day and collecting fastpasses. Our general mode of thought is while we're on our way to another ride (say POTC), we'll stop and get FP at Indy. We'll ride POTC. We'll stroll NOS and hit HM. We'll grab a FP for Splash and circle back to Indy. Grab a FP for BTMRR and hang out in Fantasyland. Head back to Splash, and circle back through much the same way (Pirates again, etc).

Of course, I haven't ever had to take into account Space Mountain. So maybe I'll be more like a chicken with my head cut off trying to prioritize what I'd like to do and what's worth standing in line! I've never had to go, "Oh my gosh! We have to make it from HM to SM?? Gah!"

You know, I may never make it to Space Mountain!
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Needs the smell of summer

I think the best way to improve it would be to REDUCE the number of fastpasses per hour. A couple of years ago, I heard a CM say that they have 11 fastpasses per minute per attraction. They should reduce that to six. Less fastpasses means a shorter stand-by time, which is better for most guests.

I also think that they should only use fastpass when the park reaches a certain capacity, completely shutting it off on slow days.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Although it would involve a pretty extensive overhaul as far as I can tell, I would install programming on the machines that would allow Disney to change the distribution of Fastpasses based on either/both current park attendance or/and projected park attendance. I would also level the playing field (either everyone can have multiples at one time, or no one).

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate
    Although it would involve a pretty extensive overhaul as far as I can tell, I would install programming on the machines that would allow Disney to change the distribution of Fastpasses based on either/both current park attendance or/and projected park attendance. I would also level the playing field (either everyone can have multiples at one time, or no one).
    I like that a lot, actually. It just makes a lot more sense to be able to have that sort of flexibility. I don't think it would require any physical change to the machines at all, and I don't even think the software would need a massive overhaul (though I say this having never seen the source code). The biggest pain involved in that, I think, would be in actually setting the system at the beginning of the day.

As for levelling the playing field, that would make AAA mad, so it won't happen. I think that few enough people know about Enhanced FastPass that it doesn't make a huge difference on a daily basis.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Banned User

Ok to start. Splash mountain has a fastpass line that stays completely separate from the standby line(they have two loading areas). Fastpasses are collected right before you board(so there are no cheaters). If no one is in the fastpass line then they can let stand by patrons go in..Remove it from buzz,HM and star tours. Why well buzz and hm are omnimovers and really cdon't need them and the stand by line(@ hm) would be shorter at christmas because of it. Star tours rarely ever uses theirs and the line would be shorter without it. Space mountains fastpass is way to far away so move its distribution center by the entrance to hista. Thunder mountain i wouldn't use it except during the on season. Also i would allow 4-6 fastpasses per day depending on capacity(6 during off season weekdays and 4 for capacity crowds and five for days in between[off season weekends and some summer weekdays]) also put touch screens that display available time windows for later in the day (what's shown on the screen can be themed to the lands. A distribution center at the center of each land would be great as well.

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by inav
    Ok to start. Splash mountain has a fastpass line that stays completely separate from the standby line(they have two loading areas). Fastpasses are collected right before you board(so there are no cheaters). If no one is in the fastpass line then they can let stand by patrons go in..Remove it from buzz,HM and star tours. Why well buzz and hm are omnimovers and really cdon't need them and the stand by line(@ hm) would be shorter at christmas because of it. Star tours rarely ever uses theirs and the line would be shorter without it. Space mountains fastpass is way to far away so move its distribution center by the entrance to hista. Thunder mountain i wouldn't use it except during the on season. Also i would allow 4-6 fastpasses per day depending on capacity(6 during off season weekdays and 4 for capacity crowds and five for days in between[off season weekends and some summer weekdays]) also put touch screens that display available time windows for later in the day (what's shown on the screen can be themed to the lands. A distribution center at the center of each land would be great as well.
    I think it's safe to say that it's been effectively pulled from Star Tours, as that doesn't even show up on our roll call anymore. BTMRR and ToT don't run their FP machines on really slow days. I think it needs to be pulled from Buzz and Mulholland Madness (capacity and popularity of the latter is way too low to warrant it), but it can stay on everything else. There's really no need for a distribution center in each land, since Tomorrowland is the only land with multiple FP attractions, and, as I've said before, distro centers have relatively large footprints, and there's not much place to put them.

An idea that could never ever happen but would be fun to think about is this: make FP a true reservation system, where you can choose at what point in the day you'd like to return, and start enforcing the return window. That way, if you're not planning on returning to Indy until 8:30, you're not taking FPs for noon. There's about a billion logistical problems with that, but it would be kind of neat.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

my recommendation.

dont offer fastpasses on rides till the line gets long enough when a fastpass would be a better option.

example...lets say you get into disneyland early in the morning (8-10am) you can get onto space mt in decent time 15-30 mins. but we all do one thing first..get a fastpass(which at that time can be as early as 1130am-1pmish) once we get that fastpass, you notice the line is short so you wait in line for space mt, while you already have a fastpass waiting. now its nearing noon and the ride lines are filling, and space mt is at about a 45 min wait standby. now everyone who already rode space mt has a fastpass to redeem, its at that time the line for space mt jumps from 45mins to 90+mins. and since they are back at space mt to redeem the fastpass they go and redeem another one which skyrockets to a late 7pm+ return time.

my idea...keep fastpass distribution closed till each attraction hits a certian wait time or preset time of day....i.e. 30 mins on indy, 40 mins on splash, 50 on space(maybe not 50) and what would happen is that all the park guests would have to keep to a strict gameplan on riding rides an attractions(keep them honest so you can say) early in the day. so again were at space mt and its 1130 and the standby line is 50 mins, then can the fastpass distribution be opened to with a 50 min return time, what would/should happen is there wont be any abuse of the fastpass system by the guests who arrive early in the day and still keeps it fair for everyone else, all while fastpass return times wont be so far off like picking up a fastpass ticket at 2pm to realize your return time is at 10pm.

another idea2...dont offer fastpasses to certian rides during parades/fireworks/fantasmic shows. example...why does big thunder offer fastpass return times during fantasmic showings? no one is ever on that ride during fantasmic showings. either the people with those passes are holding on to it(like i would) instead of forefiting it to the cast member up front. so what happens is once each show is over....everyone rushes to redeem their pass for big thunder which is already past due, so now everyone with passes past due are flooding the fastpass line with those who are being true to their return time. which now makes the standby line longer

another idea3..offer fastpasses when the guest can pick the return time. (this will probably never happen just because of the money needed to be spent) when you walk up to an attraction fastpass...you can select your return time(imagine a glorified ATM machine) you first swipe in the tickets(swipe em all together) and you pick your return time. example for splash mt everyone would fill up the 12-4pm times since its the hottest time of the day, so you pick your time and one ticket is handed out, no more 1 ticket per person, now just 1 ticket with a group number and a return time. this would also go hand in hand with my first idea. and normal fastpass rules would apply.

....if only there were a way to fastpass peter pan at closing...
    Don't you realize? The next time you see sky, it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the best of stuff for us. But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time. Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here. That's all over the second we ride up Troy's bucket.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

I rather like fast pass....It helps me get on the rides I want...and you know...it is not our fault that fast pass holders were smart enough tho get them in the first place.....come on...I am not trying to be rude or anything....but it is sorta hard not to get a fast pass.....unless they are out for the day then you should have got them earlier...

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    (You were supposed to disagree with this.)
    Why would I disagree that I'm allowed to disagree all I want? I was responding to that specific line in your response. I can disagree OR agree all I want.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    Why would I disagree that I'm allowed to disagree all I want? I was responding to that specific line in your response. I can disagree OR agree all I want.
    That's better.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234