Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

After reading MousePlanet and the possible changes we'll see on the Jungle Cruise my faith in and excitement about DL just keeps growing!
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy
    After reading MousePlanet and the possible changes we'll see on the Jungle Cruise my faith in and excitement about DL just keeps growing!
    I'm still skeptical about the changes myself. Is that what they were thinking when they make WDW's Tiki Room "Under New Management"? I sure hope not. I can't wait to hear the news! I hope it's soon because I can't wait until July. Please tell me you're doing something with DCA THIS MOMENT!!! Thank you.

• Minion FOREVER!

Please tell me you're doing something with DCA THIS MOMENT!!!
    Well, they're tearing down Limo at this very moment....if that's any consolation....

Also the Tiki Room (DL) rehab gives some confidence that CM Matt and team will do
    the right things w/ Jungle Cruise.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    Ha- you just went all Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on us- I can only imagine!
    He really went all Chicken Chicken Backpack on him.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Banned User

Brace yourselfs for STAR TOURS 2 BABY!!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Has anyone come up with any good and or credible guesses as to what they might to with the old Limo attraction?

I actually never got to ride it! I know I wasn't missing much, but I hate that I missed it entirely.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Disneyland with Bob Ross

SSL is becoming Monsters Inc.

BTW, is that flick A Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy a cartoon or a movie? Is it affiliated with Disney? That could make a good replacement for HISTA..as far as 3D star field effects n such...
    When living in Vegas - Sin as the sinners do!

Find me on MySpace

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    There is a thread about this in entertainment.
    It is live action and it is being made by Disney (I believe Touchstone is the studio releasing it, but they are owned by disney, so its similar)
    And your right, this might be a good addition to tomorrowland, depending on how well the film actually does and how well it is received.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Banned User

I sure hope they announce *something* since WDW already got DL's birthday presents.

• Baybeh!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    I sure hope they announce *something* since WDW already got DL's birthday presents.
    Yeah the ones in the commercial that have no mentions of Disneyland in them!

Lets not get me started on the horrible CG Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and JC.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

So I have thought more about this. I am guessing that maybe the Monster ride in 2006 and the subs in 2007 will be announced?

Makes me wonder when Disneyland will get a ride that is built from the ground up. No recycled buildings or parts?
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy
    Makes me wonder when Disneyland will get a ride that is built from the ground up. No recycled buildings or parts?

April 27th, 2025..... After DCA gets 2 more E-tickets, then the 3rd gate gets built.... then the 3rd gate gets built out over 10 years.

I really, really don't understand this "DL hasn't had an E-Ticket in 10 years" complaint. Isn't 10 E-Tickets enough for one gate? It is for more than any DIS park other than DL. What's the diff if the new rides go into DCA or DL, other than the fact the DL already has two and a half times as many e-tickets as DCA?

Wait, what was the subject?

Oh yeah.. new rides... Monsters Inc, maybe subs, maybe Woody's Round-up added to Frontierland.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    The e-ticket complaint has more to do with the virtual neglect the park has undergone over the past 10 years or so. WDW continues to get new rides while Disneyland has literally been left to rot and fall to pieces. DL wasn't even in a state to get anything new because it had been so poorly maintained. We are just tired of the park being ignored when it should be at the top of the industry again. A new E-ticket the caliber of Indy would signal a commitment to this goal.

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    The e-ticket complaint has more to do with the virtual neglect the park has undergone over the past 10 years or so.
    I don't get that impression.... It isn't "give me an e-ticket to make up for putting up with crappy paint over the last 10 years".... The message is that ALL Disney parks should have a constant flow of new E-Tickets... Afterall, for the first 40 years or so, a major new ride was being added once every 5-7 years or so.... That just isn't realistic. The park didn't already have 10 E-Ticekts when a new E-Ticket was being added a couple times a decade.

Disneyland is full....

WDW continues to get new rides while Disneyland has literally been left to rot and fall to pieces.
    WDW has 4 parks... all of them younger, with far fewer rides than Disneyland. And, what is the last ride added to Magic Kingdom?

Epcot is getting rides because Future World was full of Edutainment-y rides that get boring after 10 years.

DAK is getting rides cause it only has 3 E-Tickets.

And what about ToT in DCA? If you're counting WDW as a resort, getting all these rides, then you have to count DLR as a resort too.

DL wasn't even in a state to get anything new because it had been so poorly maintained. We are just tired of the park being ignored when it should be at the top of the industry again. A new E-ticket the caliber of Indy would signal a commitment to this goal.
    The park is already drawing more people than it can hold.... In what walkways are you going to cram the thousands of additional people that they'd have to pull to justify the expense.

DL is full.... It is at capacity.... 10 E-Tickets is the max... The park simply won't handle enough people to justify more E-Tickets than that.

So, let's say they did decide to build a new E-Ticket in DL. Which existing E-Ticket would you have them take out?

Wouldn't it be better to put the E-Ticket in DCA, a park that is not at capacity, that can easily hold more people, that would NOT require something else be taken out?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    There is actually plenty of room for disneyland to expand and it is currently not running at full capacity except for key days (4th of July etc) when I worked there, average daily capacity was around 50,000- full capacity is around 80,000. DCA has been running anywhere between 15- 35000, nowhere near its capacity.

Frontierland has several areas that are currently used to hold private parties that could hold new attractions, but this has already been discussed. Walt never meant for this park to stagnate- it was always suppossed to offer something new and exciting. At the top of his game, he never sat on his laurels, he was always trying to think of new ways to entertain. Management in recent years has been more concerned about how much money they could bring in and lost sight of the fact that if you provide a quality entertainment experience, people will come and spend money no matter what.

A new e-ticket at either park would not require anything to be removed. Yes, certain areas of the park are "land locked" without room to expand, but others are not- look at toontown and where it is. Expansion is possible, but this is discussed in many other threads. Tomorrowland is full of under-utilized real estate, but again, this has been discussed.

The legacy Walt left for disneyland was to always grow and acheive more- to offer more experiences for the family and do it a way no one else can come close to.

If Disneyland were to announce something like this on May 4th, then we would know for certain that the old regime is gone and CM Matt "gets it".

End of rant. I am very happy that Disneyland is getting the attention it deserves. I can only hope this means Disneyland will once again be the absolute best in the industry in quality, showmanship and the caliber of experience it offers. I can't wait to hear the announcement!

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast