Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    I didn't realize there was a question of whether CM Matt gets it or not anymore. I subscribe to the view that all of the changes that have occurred at Disneyland in the last year more than show that he "gets it". I don't think Disneyland will be seeing any more massive E-Tickets added. Instead, we will see new C- and D-tickets taking the place of empty real estate, as in Tomorrowland, but that does not really go against dshimel's point, that any new rides would have to replace old ones. These would all be replacements for rides taken out in years past (which is not to say they don't need to be replaced). I would expect more Buzz-style rides, which I am fine with--quality rides that don't take up massive amounts of space. Other than that, all I would like to see with the E-Tickets would be updates, not replacements. This is exactly what they are doing right now--creating a new Disneyland without removing its intrinsic Walt feel. I don't think WDW is getting better treatment at all. Just comparing the Magic Kingdoms, DL is much brighter now and more full of attractions, while the MK is already in the practice of replacing attractions, even though they have plenty of room for expansion (PhilharMagic and Stitch both being replacements). Add the E-Tickets to the park that needs a lot of work, DCA, where there is plenty of room for expansion, and once it is popular, move on to the 3rd gate. That would indeed be an adoption of a more WDW-type set-up, and there is no reason to over-crowd Walt's park when there is room in other places at the Resort. Constant updates to the big rides at DL while adding smaller rides will suffice to keep it looking new (and it is looking new).
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Banned User

They should replace Rocket Redd Pizza port or whatever its called with "The Reasturant at the end of the Universe" which is the second novel in the hitchhiker series.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    They should replace Rocket Redd Pizza port or whatever its called with "The Reasturant at the end of the Universe" which is the second novel in the hitchhiker series.
    If they were to do that, they'd have to adjust the menu so we could say, "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!"

I'm guessing the wait time would be 42 minutes...

• Minion FOREVER!

Dramaqueen: I agree with all your points, except the point that we already have
    evidence that CM Matt "get it" that Pyrates made. I agree that it would be very nice
    that DL again offers the pinnacle of entertainment and showmanship again.

But IMHO, if this announcement is what I think it's about (Nemo & Monsters), then
    it would be the "period" to that statement about CM Matt's committment.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Ok- yes I agree. He does get it. I just meant in terms of the Park for the next 20 years. He has done an excellent job because he saw what needed to be done and did it. The heartbreaking thing is that everything he has done was really just the minimum that should have been done all along to maintain the park. It has taken heroic effort just to get caught up! Now I want to see what he will do after the park has been brought up to speed, so to speak. I have faith in him, I swear!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• something else...

aside from throwing a lot of paint and money places...im not so sure if we should be COMPLETELY postive...but from what i see so far, and the necessity of the projects he's completed it all looks good. just wondering, what has he gotten the ball rolling on for the resort, didnt buzz, the parade, fireworks, etc get started by previous management?
    You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy
    So I have thought more about this. I am guessing that maybe the Monster ride in 2006 and the subs in 2007 will be announced?
    I thought I heard Monsters Inc. would open up around Christmas this year?

• Banned User

Perhaps i should stp mentioning the idea of Starcade becoming a Resturaunt called Millieways.. The Restraunt at the end of the universe with each "show" running constantly on the hour... top floor & bottom floor.. have a way to get reservations every 30 min....

Then Red Rockets become Alien encounter... (it is a transplant not a clone)

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by FloggingMorgy
    just wondering, what has he gotten the ball rolling on for the resort, didnt buzz, the parade, fireworks, etc get started by previous management?
    Fixing broken effects on many rides, improving maintenance property wide, I'm sure he was at least partly responsible for how well Buzz turned out--if Pooh is any predictor, Matt got a lot more money put into Buzz last minute, much as he has for Space Mountain. He kept the idea of bringing the subs back alive long enough that it is now approved and finally got the ball rolling on Monsters, Inc. He has gotten all of the upgrades to JC, Tiki, and HM approved while completely revitalizing the look of the entire Disneyland park; he has made efforts to fix a failing monorail line, and I'm sure he was a part of making Remember, PoD, and BPB as impressive as we now know they will be. While the previous management started a large merchandise event with a few good new offerings for the 50th (including a Space Mountain that would probably have not reopened until early 2006), Mr. Ouimet made a celebration out of it, by ensuring that Disneyland will be in a condition by summer that is worth celebrating.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Banned User

Also dont forget Matt Quimet and the Imageneers(spelled wrong I know) are really working on beefing up Tommorowland. Their are strong rumors pointing to return of the Peoplemover, Pixars "Cars" overlay to Autopia, and Star Tours 2(this one in particular is simply a matter of Disneys new CEO and lucas signing off on it).

I think the only 'announcements' being made on 05-05-05 will be relating to what we already know. In other words, media 'previews' of the new parade, fireworks, Block Party, Buzz etc ... I wouldn't expect anything on either the Subs or Monsters Inc until at least the media bash on the Disney Magic on 7-17-05. Could be wrong, but I don't think so.

And if anyone thinks DL is being negelcted, all I can say is take a trip to Orlando and visit the MK. I'll be glad to take anyone on a quality-control 'tour' and I won't chrage a penny or announce them online ;-) When DLers complain about WDW getting 'all the new stuff' they don't realize it's spread over four parks, four poorly maintained parks that need to fill 30,000 on-property hotel rooms.

• I can't stand you.

Hopefully it isn't something we already know but thats just wishful thinking

• My laughing place

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    Also dont forget Matt Quimet and the Imageneers(spelled wrong I know) are really working on beefing up Tommorowland. Their are strong rumors pointing to return of the Peoplemover, Pixars "Cars" overlay to Autopia, and Star Tours 2(this one in particular is simply a matter of Disneys new CEO and lucas signing off on it).
    A return of the people mover ? THAT WOULD BE SOOOO GREAT !!!!

• Disney Blood Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by 1stStarIC2nite
    My guess: Nemo for Disneyland and Monsters Inc for DCA."
    I guess makeup the subs with a Nemo theme? It's going to feel really odd when those subs open up again and instead of seeing mermaids, sunken treasure, and a sea monster, there'll be Marlin, Dori, and Nemo
    "Just remember the month of May followed by a nerd."

• Dickie
    brng back a re-vamped rocket to the moon! i thihk if subs are comiing back they should not be finding nemo themed....the movie came out like a year or two ago. it gives me the same sickening feeling of when they replace swiss family robinsons treehouse with tarzans tree house....bleck!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast