Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Changing the Submarines

I have a question for you. If you were John Lassiter and decided not to retheme the subs to Nemo and not bring back the original submarine story, what would you do to make a good submarine ride?

What would your rides story be about and what would the guests encounter during their adventure through liquid space? What type of effects would be used?

Rememder this is a game where you should express your creative opinions and not just say "I would restore the ride back to its original form." Be creative and have fun with your ideas.

Re: Changing the Submarines

Hmmmmm..... well altough the old ride was beautiful.... It was crappy... and I don't mean it in a bad way (keep in mind this was my favorite attraction before it closed) but with all the new technology I think you could make the same ride... but much more updated and energy-packed. Or we could also build a whole new story around it... and make it more real... I really can't wait to board a sub....
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

Some time ago in another thread in a galaxy far, far away concerning ideas for retheming Tomorrowland, I suggested an idea of making TL an intergalactic scientific research/discovery center where scientists would come from all over the galaxy to showcase their work. This idea would allow for all kinds of creative things to be dreamed up for TL. My idea for the submarines would have been an undersea exploration on another planet, where you would encounter sea life similar to that on earth, as well as some more fantastical creatures and settings. (Some of the scenes in Treasure Planet sort of inspired this idea.) The voyage would have ended with an exciting happening of some sort.

• Banned User

Ok, to even start is kinda complicated, this is the last ride( in tl) ive thought of reimagineering( cause i perfer the more galatical theme and the ancient tommorrow), but ill give it a shot! I would love to see an atlantis theme, but not the movie, no, no!
    Im talking about underwater volcanoes that destroyed the futuristic(ancient) city of Atlantis! You'll see fishies, volcanoes, giant squids, and then when you go into the show building, youll see that the ancient(futuristic) city is still inhabited! and then you see other subs(futuristic) around you, then they start attacking you! thats when the sub starts speeding up to escape( your outside the show building by then), then there is a bright light! You see a giant whale and then you are back to the port! Sound good?
    Edit: fogot about onboard audio music and throw in some interactive stuff( like maybe shoot misles to the atlanis subs)

• Down Pluto!

Theme them like the Nautilus from 20,000 Leagues. Have an appropriate soundtrack based on Nemo's theories, reasons and explanations, and in the dark part build up to ramming speed and sink another warship.

It could be exciting, entertaining, educational, and spawn many discussions.

I have a feeling Nemo will do none of those. Well, maybe somewhat entertaining, I'll have to wait and see...

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I'd rather have FINDING NEMO than 20K NEMO.

Anyways Finding Nemo is one of Lassiter's PIXAR babies, it's not gonna be anything other than FINDING NEMO SUBMARINE VOYAGE so it doesn't matter how many other alternatives there are out there... live fish, alien fish, Atlantis storyline (from the movie or not from the movie)....

Oh and nobody even threw in Ariel the Little Mermaid.

Or "how about all the Disney underwater movies, in a montage."

I'm sure there are even WORSE ideas I havent' considered. Have a little faith in the Imagineers and John Lassister and Matt Ouimet and Iger who wants to show off what a great job he's doing. They're going to do a good job on this one.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Oh I have complete faith actually. I just started this for fun. Like I said, I want people to pretend they were in charge for making a sub ride (Excluding Nemo and the original) because I want to see how creative they can get. It is all in fun though >

• On Autopilot

nemo sounds good, but I think Atlantis could have been cool too... I miss seing the goofy Sea snake at the end of the old ride though =/

• Where's my other cent?

I don't know about storyline, but I think the first change I would make wouldn't be that big. From what I understand about the technology being used in the new ride, it's basically projectors showing digital images on a glass plate. That actually sounds really cool because of the dimension and movement it will allow. So I would keep that but use more realistic animal images, maybe like the kind of stuff they come up with for those Walking with the Dinosaurs shows on Discovery Channel. Nothing against Nemo, but I think this would have a broader appeal.

• Just this guy......

The biggest thing that I would like to see changed is the loading / unloading area. Besides tha main loading area there is also a storage area for the extra subs. I would like to see that changed into a second loading / unloading for busy days. It would vastly increase the ride capacity.

• Minion

Personally, I think almost any alternate story would/is better than the Nemo subs. I'm sure the technology will be great, and the ride will be awesome, but I sure do wish there were less rides based on films...

Cool Re: Changing the Submarines

'Nuff said.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    The biggest thing that I would like to see changed is the loading / unloading area. Besides tha main loading area there is also a storage area for the extra subs. I would like to see that changed into a second loading / unloading for busy days. It would vastly increase the ride capacity.

I think a lot of people forgot about this. I remember the lines were super long. The que under the monrail was this dull maze of metal bars. Still it makes me curious what they are going to do when they finish. IS the monrail station going to be bigger? How can they expand? This ride will attact a lot of people. The que for SM is huge. Which is a E-ticket ride. Look at all the ques in the park for all e-ticket rides. The only one that is kinda small is POTC. Look how many guests they can get thru POTC? The subs I think about half that much.

How slow this ride loads? Are they going to move the que to the other side where the motor boat area is? Could they? Maybe. That would take the subs in the cave early. In the movie the sharks appear kinda early in the movie. I dont know just thinking aloud.
    Jason

• Minion

Absolutely 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - - exploring all of the strange creatures that live in the depths - inventive, cool, crazy stuff like the creatures in Mysteries of the Deep or Mars and Beyond - - and still using the combo AAs and projection tech that they are developing (if successful). Highlight should be a super-dramatic attack of the giant squid with on board effects (not just flashing lights and shaking, but perhaps an emerging tentacle in the cabin? some spray?).

The sub facades should be rethemed to Nautilus in any case!

• Banned User

How about this for the queue, Why not expand the matterhorn to the edge of the laggoon, build a queue in the mountain all themed and stuff! i dont think youd could get what i mean, it worked in my brain, wait how about queue in mountain ride start in mountain and you go undergound to the lagoon area, of course this will never happen, but just a thought!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast