Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Santa Barbara, CA

Wishing?

Last time I reprimanded some kids for loudly reciting a spiel..they turned and said they got tickets from the "make a wish" foundation or something and that was the one thing they wanted to do and how dare I. I felt embarrased. later i wondered if they really were or if they were teasing. That is not something to joke about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    What if we sing along with Billy Hill? Would that be ok?
    Yes, unless he tells you not to because it will "mess them up".......
    Go see Billy Hill and the Hillbillies!!

I agree about the screaming....my son went on once at about 7 years old and then wouldn't ride again because everyone was screaming...even in the graveyard...a little kid can't always determine if it is real or just messing around and he kept worrying that something was around the next bend. We have finally got him back on 4 years later but he is still a little nervous.

Mostly...I think we all just need to remember our first time on the ride and do what we can so that those around us can have just as good an experience enjoying the voice track and attraction.
    ~~Second star to the right and straight on til morning~~

5 out of 4 people have a problem with fractions :confused:

• Minion

oh i totally forgot about the yelling on HM. My fiance is totally guilty of that and its funny when we are in there with teens and adults but if I see kids especially the younger ones I cover my fiance's mouth as he screams and if I forget I make sure to smile at the kids apologize to the parents and let the kids kick my fiance for scaring them.....its a little something to make them feel better and get a laugh.

• DL Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by dsnycrw
    Mostly...I think we all just need to remember our first time on the ride and do what we can so that those around us can have just as good an experience enjoying the voice track and attraction.
    I totally agree. Also, HMMaid is right when it annoys the heck outta CM's too. Some people chant the speil out loud because they are either obnoxious by nature, or they are excieted. However, it destroys the rest of the ride experience for others too. Just try to remember others around you as well and act accordingly. Thankfully, I rode the TOT yesterday for the first time, with no one chanting the spiel or screaming too loud. I LOVED how EVERYONE SHUT UP as the doors to the service elevator came open and our rows were directed into the ridecar. It was an awesome experience the first time to have everyone quit talking and silently file in like, "taking our seats in Hell!"

I loved, loved, loved it! Quiet as the grave, then as the ride started we all lost it, howling and screaming. I guess I screamed the most when the ride started and we started going up, and NO ONE gave away the final drop. Magnificent.

Still Dancin' -
    Upanova

• Fallapart in my Backyard

some people like to recite the spiel because they are totaly into it and i can see that. But i whisper it to myself sometimes but never loud enough for someoned else to hear it nor get in the way of someone else's enjoyment. Unfortunately a lot of the times people are talking and being loud in HM and POTC and yes the extra screaming at the bottom of the elevator i could do with out.

agree
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

Yeah! It is awful! And then there is all those darn kids running around the park! They always are in the way and seem like they are having too much fun! And what about the lines and that darn bottleneck that always happens in Adventureland near the Bazaar! Grrrr...

Lighten up dude. People have fun in their own way. DL is not your personal museum where you go to have church service... To each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Jerm,

What happened? Did you have a bad experience recently?

I have a similar issue. I like to hear all the preshow stuff in the Haunted Mansion foyer and stretching room, but the day guests usually talk so loud that you usually can't hear any more.

That and all the glow crap that they sell in the parks that reflects in the ballroom scene. Total pet peeves.
    You don't like GLOW? I can't believe how much of that stiuff get's tossed at the end of the night.

• .......MORE COWBELL

OK you caught me....I usually only say "Please move to the Dead center of the room" but its only because i am so friggin excited I live in Buffalo and dont get to the parks like I used to anymore........FORGIVE ME

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandme67
    Yeah! It is awful! And then there is all those darn kids running around the park! They always are in the way and seem like they are having too much fun! And what about the lines and that darn bottleneck that always happens in Adventureland near the Bazaar! Grrrr...

Lighten up dude. People have fun in their own way. DL is not your personal museum where you go to have church service... To each his own.
    There's certainly an experience to be had and some kids only ever get to go to a park once. It's like paying big money for tickets to Phantom Of The Opera and getting the rendition of "Music In The Night" sung by the person in the row behind you.

Not to mention that it ruins the unpedictability of the attraction to people who are seeing it the first time when someone is reading along with the spiel or counting down to the big drop (I didn't know they even did that, how rude!)

I'm a huge fan of the parks, but even I don't know the speils other than a few old phrases ("I'm sure by now you've already found your car," "backside of water") and I certainly don't try to mime the lines. In my last trip in '99, I noticed attraction volume had gone up significantly since my '95 trip and wondered why. Maybe all the wannabe Ghost Hosts and Rod Serlings has something to do with it.

I wonder if WDW has such a problem with Guests who do stuff like this and don't realize how they're basically creating their own brand of bad show by doing it? I don't blame Disneyana fans as a whole for behavior like this. More the "locals' weekend retreat" atmosphere the park has been breeding under the Pressler years.

• MiceAge Columnist

Is this all not just typical of how selfish people are becoming.

We seem to have little respect for others nowadays.

I don't go the the movies anymore as I am sick of people talking or using mobile phones during the film, heaven forbid you say something as all you will get back is verbal abuse and in some case I have seen physical abuse.

It's the same with so many things, people are only concerned with themselves and never mind anyone else.

Well I think I am a considerate person and that I think of others when I do things.

Rude guests at theme parks are not only limited to DL, Ca, you get them all round the world, don't even ask about Paris! It all comes down to people being selfish and wanting more and more at everyone else's expense.

Quite depressing really.

ian
    "I'm surrounded by idiots"

• Down Under without Nemo..

We were actually quite lucky.

It was that slow period just before and just after thanksgiving and we had quite a few 'slow' days in the park

Our first trip on HM there was no 'reciters' with us, but the guy RIGHT next to us decided to scare his girlfriend by screaming REALLY loudly when the lights went out. Shame, but not too bad I suppose.

Our first ever ride through IASM was in a bateau of our own and we ALL sang the song. Hehehehehe. Some things are universal. (not the studios, that is...)

We were most in awe of indy, but on Thanksgiving day we had EVERY upcoming scene announced to us by an enthusiastic guy in the back row. We knew more or less what was coming by then so we didn't mind. "Oh oh... what's that up ahead?? Rats on a branch?? I hope we don't run right through them.... Oh oh !! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH..... Hehehehe, they weren't there at all really, it was just a projection on mist screens."

I hope we get a car full of newbies when we eventually get to ride TOT in 2006.
    DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
    DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
    DLR Tokyo - 2005
    DLR Paris - 2011
    DLR Hong Kong -2011
    DLR Beijing -TBA

• The Original Disney Doll

Quote Originally Posted by Ian P
    Is this all not just typical of how selfish people are becoming.

We seem to have little respect for others nowadays.

I don't go the the movies anymore as I am sick of people talking or using mobile phones during the film, heaven forbid you say something as all you will get back is verbal abuse and in some case I have seen physical abuse.

It's the same with so many things, people are only concerned with themselves and never mind anyone else.

Well I think I am a considerate person and that I think of others when I do things.

Rude guests at theme parks are not only limited to DL, Ca, you get them all round the world, don't even ask about Paris! It all comes down to people being selfish and wanting more and more at everyone else's expense.

Quite depressing really.

ian

That's exactly what I was thinking. American's are terribly rude. If it's not talking during a ride, show or attraction of some sort, it's running you down with a stroller or cutting the line ( a huge pet peeve of mine!!!) or using your cell phone in a restaurant. I haven't been to Paris so I don't know what it's like there, but a friend of mine has been to Tokyo Disney Resort and she says it is night and day compared to DL. The people are very polite and considerate. No one talks during rides and everyone waits thier turn patiently and gives respect to the other guests visiting.
    I for one, am going to try to be more considerate of my fellow guests.

• Look not into the eyes...

I actually got through to a group that was doing that once.
    I told them they obviously enjoy the ride a lot and can they remember the first time they rode it and how cool it was hearing it all for the first time? Then I pointed out that it's very likely that there are people on it right now that are probably experiencing it for the first time (and possible the only time in their lives) and how would they have liked it if somebody did it to them. I actually got one of them to say, "I never thought of it that way".

Of course, most of them just tell me to go "F" myself

Frickin kids today.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast