Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

A plea to all DL fans!!!!!(negative post)

Please for all that is good and right with this world STOP STOP STOP saying the lines from the attraction aloud. For a while this was only really done in the stretching room of HM, but it has now crossed over to ToT in the pre-show video, Star Tours, and even at times the Jungle Cruise!!!!!

I know we have all been on these attractions more times then we can count but that does not mean we have to show off. I have taken family to the parks, including 2 lil girls, and they have not been able to hear anything because people all around them are "talking". I don't understand the mind set of these people, I know that I can go on an attraction with out saying every single word why can't everyone.

We all feel like Disneyland is ours, hince the fact there are so many AP's out there, but we all have to remember while we can go on an attraction any time we feel the urge a lot of people can't. I think it has become more of the american mind set that it is ok to talk where ever and when ever we want...I can not count the number of times I have had to yell at someone at the movies. But can we please PLEASE stop talking in attraction.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Jerm,

What happened? Did you have a bad experience recently?

I have a similar issue. I like to hear all the preshow stuff in the Haunted Mansion foyer and stretching room, but the day guests usually talk so loud that you usually can't hear any more.

That and all the glow crap that they sell in the parks that reflects in the ballroom scene. Total pet peeves.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

i agree...i think they do it to show off...i know the lines too but i don't do it so that i don't ruin it for others, plus my voice is not as cool as the voice in HM, haha

• Gay Man

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Jerm,

I have a similar issue. I like to hear all the preshow stuff in the Haunted Mansion foyer and stretching room, but the day guests usually talk so loud that you usually can't hear any more.

That and all the glow crap that they sell in the parks that reflects in the ballroom scene. Total pet peeves.
    I'm with you. I really like to hear the preshow spiels - especially on the Mansion. It always bothers me when people who have no clue about the ride talk until they get on their doombuggies. I feel sorry for the people missing 1/2 of the ride!

But, I also realize that everyone has their styles and preferences. Hopefully, we all get to ride on occasions that are appropriate or make us happy.

One of my best rides ever on the Mansion was on Bat's (Goth) Day where EVERYONE recited the speil. It was an amazing and beautiful experience.

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Jerm,

It jsut seems every time I have gone it has gotten worse. HMH is a perfect example where people love it so they strart to chant along. My nieces who had never been on it and were freaked out already by it and got more scared from the people talking the lines.

ToT has been a sore spot for me since day one..sure the pre-show is the same thing but if I have to hear it I would rather hear it form a dead on Rod voice then some 15 year kid who thinks he can sound like him. Last rant promise........why do you have to count down the time till we fall in the elevator? I like the jolt from it and the "not sure of when it is going to happen" feeling rather then having some guy tell me 3....2...1....DROP! Wow I am just in a bad mode today.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

I'm...uh, leaving the thread...heh heh...

uh oh
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    I do this quietly to myself on HM, but you are more likely to catch me talking my kids thru the stretching room so they don't freak out. THey like the ride, but I still have to warn them about the loud noises.

I am ever so guilty of saying extra lines on JC when I am sitting at the back of the boat.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Banned User

i say it in my "soft" voice... the voice i use when i talk to myself and no one can hear me..... TOT... HM and POTC....

• Who's your DaddyB?

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    i say it in my "soft" voice... the voice i use when i talk to myself and no one can hear me..... TOT... HM and POTC....
    Is it ok if I sing along for the first time they sing "Yo ho Yo ho a pirates life for me"... and then muddle the lyrics all up until we get to the chorus again? I promise I'll shut up after that.

• This Maid Loves it!!

Thank god for a thread like this!!! I know there are alot of fans out there..especially of the Haunted Mansion...but as a CM, I hate when guests spiel over the ghost host..i really do..and im not the only CM!! It really sux that guests..first timers and their children come, whether its from other countries, or outside the California..i want them to enjoy their stay and experience the surroundings!! Us CMs are going to figure out a way, to work in our spiel, for guests not to..but im sure they're not going to listen... but, I represent the HM maids and butlers, when i say.. we apologize!
    'When hinges creek in doorless chambers..and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls..whenever candlelights flicker..where the air is deathly still..That is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.'

*Space Mountain re-launches July 15 2005*

^V^ "I Make Ride Go!" ^V^

• no flash photography...

I right there with you. That is sooo annoying to have to listen to that on rides. Why do people do that? I have never really understood it.....

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I right there with you. That is sooo annoying to have to listen to that on rides. Why do people do that? I have never really understood it.....
    Yep. Very annoying. I follow along with the spiel, but just lip sync style. I don't overpower the narration with my version. Bleh.

It's annoying yes, but I also know that when I don't let it get to me, I have a better time. Often, because some of the loud ones realize that they're not getting any reaction from anyone around them, they stop.

• Just Me

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    Yep. Very annoying. I follow along with the spiel, but just lip sync style. I don't overpower the narration with my version. Bleh.
    I do the same thing. The only time I have been known to sing out loud is on SW when we are the only ones in the ride.

• Social Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by HMMaid2001
    It really sux that guests..first timers and their children come, whether its from other countries, or outside the California
    It's not only tourists that get gipped; it's everyone. I've been through the Mansion thousands of times, and I keep going because I get to hear Paul Frees - - not the pimply-faced, over-jaded, pin-lanyarded P******* next to me in the stretch room.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    It's not only tourists that get gipped; it's everyone. I've been through the Mansion thousands of times, and I keep going because I get to hear Paul Frees - - not the pimply-faced, over-jaded, pin-lanyarded P******* next to me in the stretch room.
    Don't say that about your boyfriend! It isn't nice. :devil:
    Love ya,
    -The Dusty One
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast