Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Going to Disneyland a Different Way

If Disney were to offer such a service, would any of you who happen to live in southern California be interested in taking a special shuttle to Disneyland that departs regularly from your local Disney Store mall?

• Down Pluto!

Re: Going to Disneyland a Different Way

I most assuredly would if it were a monorail.

"Special" shuttle? Nope.

• no flash photography...

no....it would take me 45 minutes to an hour just to get to the mall...another 30 to 45 minutes and I'm at DL...

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

If they had a bus every hour until late at night from DLR to Universal, I would do that! As long as there were no stops along the way... and it would work better with carpool lanes down the 101 and 5 Fwys.

• Basking in birthday love

What sort of radius from Disneyland are we talking about? Just Orange County? All Disney Stores within a 20 mile radius? 30? 50? I imagine there wouldn't be much demand for it, especially since there's such a profusion of malls in Southern California. Would you have to book it by special request? How far in advance? How much would it cost? So many variables...

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Small Projects Team

I'd rather not go by a bus's schedule just to save gas money.

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    What sort of radius from Disneyland are we talking about? Just Orange County? All Disney Stores within a 20 mile radius? 30? 50? I imagine there wouldn't be much demand for it, especially since there's such a profusion of malls in Southern California. Would you have to book it by special request? How far in advance? How much would it cost? So many variables...
    I was thinking a 1-2 hour drive radius, and I am not considering all the Disney Store malls, just the ones along the freeways that converge in Anaheim.

There exist several reasons Disney would want to offer such a service, but the question is whether or not guests would give-up their cars for a more Disney-controlled experience that delivers passengers to the East Esplanade.

There are more reasons guests might want to use this option to reach Disneyland than just saving the costs of fuel, wear-and-tear, and parking, although all of those are compelling. For instance, traffic congestion on the weekdays tends to be quite aggravating. Also, driving, in general, can be taxing, plus, many Disneyland guests might like to avoid contributing to air pollution. But, more importantly, Disney might offer a unique experience aboard these transports that coordinates well with the general Disneyland guest experience.

Well-conceived shuttle transportation has the potential to add to the experience.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Although come to think of it, I would rather not hassle all the shopping bags and car seats and crying kids and such. The trams to my car are bad enough. At least a light rail line is used by everyone so you're not in a carpool van with some other family all the way to Thousand Oaks or something.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

And what happens if the people in the shuttle bus decide they need to change the twins' diapers?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    If they had a bus every hour until late at night from DLR to Universal, I would do that! As long as there were no stops along the way... and it would work better with carpool lanes down the 101 and 5 Fwys.
    theres carpool lanes down the 101 and 5 between universal and disneyland?!?!
    thats news to me
    Don't you realize? The next time you see sky, it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the best of stuff for us. But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time. Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here. That's all over the second we ride up Troy's bucket.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I said "IT WOULD WORK BETTER" would being the operative word. Without these carpool lanes it doesnt add any speed or efficiency to driving yourself.

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

Not a shuttle but would do it if there was a metro rail type train or monorail. For me they could just extend the metro link to have a line going down the 91fwy area. They could have one that goes around the 5fwy that could take you right to DTD. I can only dream...
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

Well, Metrolink does work really well for travel to Disneyland in its current configuration. The only problem is that Metrolink does not offer enough trains on some of its lines.

I would like to see more weekend trains and more night trains.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    Well, Metrolink does work really well for travel to Disneyland in its current configuration. The only problem is that Metrolink does not offer enough trains on some of its lines.

I would like to see more weekend trains and more night trains.
    Another issue with Metrolink is that it has mainly northbound trains in the morning. That's great for those south of DL, but there are more people who live north of DL. It also shares its line with freight carriers.

Mass transit works well for passengers traveling alone. With a family of four, the car will likely be a more affordable (this wouldn't be free, would it?) and more flexible (coming and going) better option.

Side note: I think all malls should allow park-and-ride and have commuter bus (ones with fewer stops) stations. Some don't due to liability issues, but the Dept of Trans should be able to help out with that.

Monorails above the railroad rights-of-way would do wonders. Quieter, less smelly, and cooler than the trains that already run.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I would absolutely take a shuttle. I hate that long drive. Currently I take the Amtrak train when I go. I would definitely like to see a later-at-night train; I have to leave Disney at 5:15 to get home. There is one later train, but from Union Station to Camarillo it's a bus and that was awful.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast