Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will we ever see another E-Ticket?

And no, Nemo doesn't count. I'm talking about a thrilling high-tech ride. Indy was the last one and that was 10+ years ago. I'm all for the "make it better make it faster" approach (Nemo, Space Mountain, maybe POTC) but I really want a new ride to thrill me. I hope this whole Pixar thing really does what it promises, I just doubt we'll ever see a new land or new attraction without replacing another.

• e komo mai

Re: Will we ever see another E-Ticket?

Maybe with the new execs in place we might.
    Maybe?

• Gay Man

Well, I'm 43 now, so I've got a good number of years left for Disney to do something. I can only hope.

• Hooterville, USA

Innoventions is a good location to install a new attraction. Followed by the bringing back of the Peoplemover. So you get one E ticket and one D ticket ride.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• California Adventurer

Happily inside Disney California Adventure ... or at the nearest theme park I can find.

Without taking away any old rides or attractions, what areas in Disneyland are still available for building new rides? Perhaps there might be space around Big Thunder Ranch or the old Motorboat Cruiser location.
    Yes, I do LOVE Disney California Adventure. Disneyland is not so bad either ;-)

See my photography regularly in MiceChat's "In The Parks" updates, published each Friday.
    Follow my theme-park adventures on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ThemeParkTimes

• Defeats the Huns

I believe you're correct. Big Thunder Ranch and Motorboat Cruises are the only places left in Disneyland that can be built upon. Everywhere else, you would be replacing an exisiting attraction. And there isn't space beyond Toon Town or beyond the current Critter Country. However, Big Thunder Ranch has a WHOLE LOT of space.. they can put 2 attractions there, easily. If not 3. Cuz that includes the Festival of Fools Arena. They might not get rid of that though, cuz it's a good place for Corporate parties.

I would love to get another E-Ticket. I'm hoping I only have to wait another 10 years for that.

• Just this guy......

Will we ever see another E-Ticket?

I think that we will. If I had to bet I would say that the next one will be in the DCA.

There is space, but they need to move some of their own buildings. Also the space between DCA and DL could have been a great place to add something if they planed it differently. I look at all this empty space (FoF, Ranch) and get depressed. It took many years for this empty lagoon to become the Nemo ride. It just seems Dinsey just doesn't care about Disneyland.

• that's right!

Of course. It'll probably be several years, but of course we will. I'd bet the first one will be in DCA, mostly because they a) need it and b) have the space. Here's hoping it's high-tech like Indy, Star Tours, Tower of Terror, California Screamin', and to a lesser extent the Rocket Rods were when they were introduced. I'd love to see something Wild West themed put in Frontierland's open space. Frontierland has a lot of potential but only one exciting ride.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I'm sure DL will, it seems to be patterns of E-Tickets...59 all at once...then about 10 years later for Pirates & Hm...then about 10 years later for Space and Thunder, then a short gap for Splash & Star Tours and a short gap for Indy but mostly it seems like every 10 years...so it will and probably soon after DCA is a bit more stable.
    Thats where teh e-ticket money went as of late.

I'd expect an E to be greenlit for DCA sometime later this year and one for DL to be greenlit sometime early next year with opening dates as follows:

2007: Nemo, start of new Monorail fleet
    2008: construction
    2009: DCA E-Ticket opens
    2010: DL E-Ticket opens

Even though it hasn't be published or discussed anywhere that I've seen yet, I'm expecting Lasseter to push forward an overhaul of TSI and a rebuilding of the Peoplemover (a la TTA? who knows).

Outside of the box thinking: demolish Innoventions and revamp F! by 2009.

These prognostications have no factual basis and are purely blue sky speculation.

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

Of course we'll see a new E-ticket. It may not be in the forseeable future, but the e-ticket ride will never die.

• Senior Minion

I hope that is part of the plan in Roy Disney's quest to turn around Disney, so far it looks like a bright future.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Western River Expedition!!!!! Please!!!!! in either DCA or DL!

DCA is really in more dire need of this type of Audio Animatronic journey,

I'd like to see a few "D"- and "C"-ticket attractions made into "'E'-tickets".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast