Overheard @ DL in the future...

The year is 1984 and four friends have just exited the Country Bear Playhouse. If someone in that group had said, "Please don't throw me in that Briar Patch!" it would have been assumed he/she was referring to the film Song of the South. Five years later, Splash Mountain opens to critical and fan acclaim.

Fast forward to the future park. What might be overheard at the DLR that wouldn't make sense today?

I'll start:

I can imagine walking off the Matterhorn and complaining:

I still really like this ride, but it can get pretty annoying when you're coming out of those snow tunnels and all you hear are those Nemo birds quipping Mine Mine Mine all the time.

Last edited by fastpassmountain; 02-15-2006 at 02:37 PM. Reason: spelling fix...

• With my wife....

Re: Overhead @ DL in the future...

"Gee, I sure enjoyed my ride on the new Peoplemover. I'm glad they revamped it with a powered launch and a loop!"

"I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• Small Projects Team

Re: Overheard @ DL in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by fastpassmountain
    I still really like this ride, but it can get pretty annoying when you're coming out of those snow tunnels and all you hear are those Nemo birds quipping Mine Mine Mine all the time.
    Oh good point, hopefully Disney will be able to isolate the sound, usually they're pretty good at that kind of thing.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Overheard in Tomorrowland: "Ya know, this place hasn't change a bit since 1968 and it's still futuristic and FUN!"
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Overheard in Frontierland: "I really love riding the train through this desert area. I miss the old petting farm and that roller coaster they used to have, but this is a better use of the space."
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Minion

I'm glad walt disney is around to see this. I can't believe he really was kept frozen. Its a Disney-sicle

(no offence to any Walt Disney fans)

• Disneyland Freak

If it wasn't bad enough hearing PERMANACER SENTADOS POR FAVOR 5,000 on that side of the queue now we're also gonna get bombarded by the irritating squacks of the stupid seaguls. Hopefully they'll be far off in the distance and will only be able to just barely be made out from the Matterhorn queue. Yech.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Anaheim DisneySea is great but too bad it took global warming to come about...

They had to, it's a small world's standby line swelled to four hours after they installed the underwater fire loop.

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    "Gee, I sure enjoyed my ride on the new Peoplemover. I'm glad they revamped it with a powered launch and a loop!"