Page 1 of 42 12341126 ... LastLast

Support CM's if there is a Strike!

Hopefully a strike will not happen but if it does let's all please support the thousands of hard working cast members who may be losing many weeks of pay if there is a strike.

If there is a strike I would urge all people who respect Disneyland cast members (the people that run the park and keep it running) to please NOT go to Disneyland and not spend any money at the parks or on any Disney merchandise until a contract is ratified. Regardless in what your personal opinions of Unions are, this is about supporting the old timer and new timer Cast Members of Disney's parks that have lots at stake here. This is important to all of us who love the parks and the CM's!

Let's hope this strike is avoided but if it is not, let's stand together with our Disneyland Cast Members and not cross the line as an employee or guest.

CM's WE STAND BEHIND YOU!

• love my friends

Re: Support CM's if there is a Strike!

thanks .. I am a CM at DCA (3rd shift)

I am feeling stupid right now.. but WHAT STRIKE??????

I know we are in contract talks.. is it to do with us custians??

I ahve heard NOTHING at work about a strike nothing

PLEASE FILL ME IN,, please

Friends for life

• Small Projects Team

How about all AP holders go an not spend any money, we'll bring sack lunches thus supporting the castmembers through the the wasting of the money Disney spends to operate the rides.

• love my friends

SOME ONE TELL ME what STRIKE????????

I have heard nothing at work about it

how did you guys know??
    hmmmmmmmm

Friends for life

• Small Projects Team

I don't have any details as I am not a castmember...I'm just saying if there is one...

• I'm your huckleberry.

It is about our opinions of Unions. Supporting a strike is supporting unions. That being said, I'll support the CM's in my own way, being kind to them, filling out complement cards, etc. But I won't avoid the park because of a strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Last edited by CAspace; 02-19-2006 at 01:18 AM.

• Banned User

EH..... i WILL GO TO KNOTTS, AND UNIVERSAL AND THE BEACH. I DO NOT CROSS PICKET LINES, NO MATTER WHAT! I have to honor the workers as they are striking for better wage, and or no lost time,money or vacations etc. I do not like what some unions stand for, ( some are lax in working for the people) but I will honor the workers and not go in. besides, there is so much to do in California, I could have a ball just going to big lots!!! ( we do not have these in Montana )

• Small Projects Team

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace
    Please do not derail this thread. If you support the CM's who are UNIONIZED then you would not cross the line. If you do, you are NOT supporting the CM's. End of Story, Please do not derail this thread again.
    Having an opposing view is not a "derailment" of a thread. If you post a topic like this on these forums, you should expect some opposition.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by mattjbhs
    Having an opposing view is not a "derailment" of a thread. If you post a topic like this on these forums, you should expect some opposition.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace
    Please do not derail this thread. If you support the CM's who are UNIONIZED then you would not cross the line. If you do, you are NOT supporting the CM's. End of Story, Please do not derail this thread again.
    Unfortunately, there are a lot of Union-bashers on this board. It makes me sick, too, but we have no choice but to tolerate them. At least we can feel good about having kicked their a--es in the last election.

• done

I'll admit that I don't know all the reasons for a possible strike, but a few of the things that are in contention, I don't agree with the union's position. If it comes to a strike, I'll take a closer look at what the reasons for the strike are and make my decision at that time, but in many cases, I am finding that unions are doing what's best for the union, not necessarily the people in the union, and sometimes, they are trying to do the best for the union members but their requests are unreasonable.

I don't believe in supporting striking union members blindly, no matter where they work.

• Quality not quantity

So you are saying that we automatically HAVE to support the union? Would you mind terribly if I waited to hear both sides of the argument before deciding which side of the dispute to lend my support?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner
    So you are saying that we automatically HAVE to support the union? Would you mind terribly if I waited to hear both sides of the argument before deciding which side of the dispute to lend my support?
    hopnestly I dont support the union.. because we NEVER SEE them AT DCA.. NEVER. sorry once....... in the 2 years I have worked there.. they are doing NOTHING FOR us I feel NOTHING

Friends for life

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

just wanted to add a Mod Note to keep this thread civil. This is a topic that affects many of our members I'm sure and feel free to state your opinions on the subject, but don't attack other members if their opinion is different than yours.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Page 1 of 42 12341126 ... LastLast