Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

People Movers...

So, do you think they'll ever put the People Movers back in? The track is still up there, so why not? I was pretty young when they took them out to put in the wonderful Rocket Rods *heh* but from what I can remember I liked them. If they don't put them back in, they should put something in or take the track out, because in my opinion it looks stupid to just have an empty track sitting up there.

• Down Pluto!

Re: People Movers...

As much as I'd like them to - I don't think it will ever happen. The Disney track record is not good when it comes to putting attraction back in compared with taking them out.

• Minion

The fact that they havent taken the track out or could??? They may just put it back on track. It may be different (Pixer ride again). Subs are going back in, but it will be really different than what TL had before. I hope they bring it back. I miss it.
    Jason

I'm holding out hope they will put some sort of peoplemover back in.

I'm the eternal optimist.

If they tear the track down, then I'll start to get discouraged.

One way or another, they HAVE to do something with Tomorrowland. Someone with vision needs to just bust through and make things happen, things that would support the statement on the dedication plaque Walt Disney read on opening day: wonderful things to come.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Personally, I don't think the PeopleMover as we knew it will make a return. Sambo made a good point about the track record odds are against it. However, I will say the since the supporting structure has not been removed, there is a chance that it may be reused in another fashion. I don't think it will be an aggresive move like Rockey Rods, but something more in line with what was originally the People Mover. More than likely I see it being a more futuristic version of the People Mover. I agree though that I'm probably more optimistic since they haven't removed the track, and that is my entire basis.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• that's right!

I think they will because that track runs virtually everywhere through Tomorrowland, the ride wouldn't be ALL that expensive because the track (or at the very least the path) is already there, and it's really high-capacity. I'd like to see something like the Buzz Lightyear cars, where you can turn the car to face whereever you want.

• Banned User

Wait a minute, just had an idea, maybe, just maybe, they might use the track for Rockit Mountain, they're maybe just wanting to surprise us, they prob, got the whole thing rewired and stuff! Just a thought!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by NWRREngineer
    I'm holding out hope they will put some sort of peoplemover back in.

I'm the eternal optimist.

If they tear the track down, then I'll start to get discouraged.

One way or another, they HAVE to do something with Tomorrowland. Someone with vision needs to just bust through and make things happen, things that would support the statement on the dedication plaque Walt Disney read on opening day: wonderful things to come.
    Ooo, we all know your talking about me! LOL! But i have been reimagineering TL lately, maybe ill post a thread about it!

• It's a dead man's party!

I'm probably the only one who doesn't want the People Movers back.
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I agree...bring them back but on a bit more updated scale. New cars or something or new stuff inside the buildings...

C'mon DL!

I hope that they go for a more modern look, curved and streamlined, as the box with wheels look isn't very creative. Night time lighting effects should be a possibility, and the sections of the track of just plain darkness, need lighting effects. Maybe neon tunnels a la Journey into Imagination or Dreamflight, but not all the colors, blues and golds, as they are the newer colors for TL.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood
    I hope that they go for a more modern look, curved and streamlined, as the box with wheels look isn't very creative. Night time lighting effects should be a possibility, and the sections of the track of just plain darkness, need lighting effects. Maybe neon tunnels a la Journey into Imagination or Dreamflight, but not all the colors, blues and golds, as they are the newer colors for TL.
    Ooohhh pretttyyyy

• Married and happy again!!

I have to admit I want the Peoplemover back but fear that they will never do it. Yea it could use a update I honestly like to see it done kind of in a retro 50's idea of the future style. I like the idea of it passing thru a tunnle like Journy Into Imagination but I think the neon multi colors would fit my idea of the 50's futuristic style much better. But must agree that if they are not going put a ride back up on it then the tracks need to come back. How many of us need the sad reminder of the greatness that once was the shining wonder that Tommorowland once was. Sorry I just miss the Tommorowland of my childhood (along with the rest of the lands). Don't get me wrong there have been some really great additions (and some not so great ones) this is one that bugs me because everytime I see the empty tracks I think of everthing that was plus when I see them I think what a waste. Please Disney I'm begging you bring the Peoplemover back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Banned User

And seeing them( in the SM line) always makes me nostalgic, even though ive never ridden it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalover
    I have to admit I want the Peoplemover back but fear that they will never do it. Yea it could use a update I honestly like to see it done kind of in a retro 50's idea of the future style. I like the idea of it passing thru a tunnle like Journy Into Imagination but I think the neon multi colors would fit my idea of the 50's futuristic style much better. But must agree that if they are not going put a ride back up on it then the tracks need to come back. How many of us need the sad reminder of the greatness that once was the shining wonder that Tommorowland once was. Sorry I just miss the Tommorowland of my childhood (along with the rest of the lands). Don't get me wrong there have been some really great additions (and some not so great ones) this is one that bugs me because everytime I see the empty tracks I think of everthing that was plus when I see them I think what a waste. Please Disney I'm begging you bring the Peoplemover back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Totally Agree, I have never ridden the People Mover nor was I at Disneyland before it was butchered, but I am a big fan of the TL that began in 1967 A World on the Move....... Walt would be a little sad to find out it ran out of gas...... But I look at photos etc of the New TL and think about what it must have been like to be there when it was so new and futuristic and when you could feel Walt in it...... it is my least favorite land in the current park, but my favorite in every MAgic Kingdom Park around the world....... I think WDW TL is the closest thing left to that orig TL feel..... sorry for the ramble but I feel strongly about TL....... as much as Walt loved the past he embraced the future..... we should too, but if we are not going to keep up with the future, let's make it a snapshot of a future that was once shining and new.....
    " And we can dream our dreams forever, dream our dreams together, we open our hearts make a wish on a star in the sky..."
    Light Magic 1997-1997

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast