Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Earth Intruder

Re: Will Steve Jobs and George Lucas Update StarTours?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    As long as they give George Lucas total creative control and he has WDI at his disposal, it will be amazing.
    Oh dear god no. George Lucas is definitely a person who needs others to stand up to him and tell him whether what he doing is idiotic.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Uh OK so who do you credit for Star Wars then?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    Uh OK so who do you credit for Star Wars then?
    Willard Huyck and Irvin Kershner.

• hatbox ghost believer

Talking Re: Will Steve Jobs and George Lucas Update StarTours?

Quote Originally Posted by phruby
    As long as they don't let Carrie Fisher sing I'm all for it.
    Or Bea Arthur (see the infamously bad Star Wars Holiday Special)... He-He!

Regardsarama,

Jon
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• Banned User

Blog Entries

I'm certain (just my opinion here) it won't be a new film for the old ride vehicles. They're going to have all new ride vehicles or maybe something like soarin' with spaceship walls around you, so you're flying in the Millenium Falcon or something.

They should do a ride for each of the 6 films.

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog
    Oh dear god no. George Lucas is definitely a person who needs others to stand up to him and tell him whether what he doing is idiotic.
    He's a just an egomaniac. It's very hard to work at LucasFilm, because any suggestion suggested as an alternative to a stupid idea that he has (Howard the Duck is a great example) is immediately knocked down with the attitude of who do you think YOU are? I'M George Lucas, idiot! Why do you think so many of ILM's best talents fled to work for Pixar, Square Soft and other effects and production houses?

Let me just say this: when I worked at Lucasfilm several years ago, there was a company vollyball party, and I was on the team opposite of George. When I served my ball, I knocked him in the head, mainly because he wasn't paying attention (I swear to god I didn't do it on purpose... if so, it would've been MUCH harder). Anyhow, besides my good-natured apology, and everyone's healthy laughter, he in fact was very upset... and simply cancelled the game, storming off and making everyone feel bad.

He also once (like Phil Collins) served divorce papers to one of his wives via Fax. It's too bad... I really wanted to like him, but he's a very changed man.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by kayoss
    He's a just an egomaniac. It's very hard to work at LucasFilm, because any suggestion suggested as an alternative to a stupid idea that he has (Howard the Duck is a great example) is immediately knocked down with the attitude of who do you think YOU are? I'M George Lucas, idiot! Why do you think so many of ILM's best talents fled to work for Pixar, Square Soft and other effects and production houses?

Let me just say this: when I worked at Lucasfilm several years ago, there was a company vollyball party, and I was on the team opposite of George. When I served my ball, I knocked him in the head, mainly because he wasn't paying attention (I swear to god I didn't do it on purpose... if so, it would've been MUCH harder). Anyhow, besides my good-natured apology, and everyone's healthy laughter, he in fact was very upset... and simply cancelled the game, storming off and making everyone feel bad.

He also once (like Phil Collins) served divorce papers to one of his wives via Fax. It's too bad... I really wanted to like him, but he's a very changed man.
    George Lucas is my hero!

Kayos you are not the first person i have heard comments like that about Lucas.

Other people have mentioned to me that he labels himself superior from everyone else.

Talking Re: Will Steve Jobs and George Lucas Update StarTours?

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    Hey, don't blame RX-24.

R2-D2 is the navigator. He's the one that overshoots Endor.
    But where does RX-24 get the idea that the Red Captain wanted him to follow him? The only direction given to him was "Ease off on your main thruster." The "Follow Me" instruction was given to Red 24 and Red 30. So RX-24's "Okay, I've always wanted to do this!" puts him at fault for getting us shot at and nearly blown up.

Even if they did add a randomly generated sequence each time, I would really hope that the current one is one of them. Because then I'd have 6 new ones to learn instead of 5 and my ability to annoy everyone in my car by my incessant quoting would be useless!

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

But is anybody ready to ask the really hard, controversial question:

Will Paul Reubens (aka Pee-Wee Herman) be invited back to provide REX's voice or will that particular RX unit be sold off to Jawas?

Quote Originally Posted by America Stings

Will Paul Reubens (aka Pee-Wee Herman) be invited back to provide REX's voice or will that particular RX unit be sold off to Jawas?
    I can't think of any reason not to scrap him. Which is a shame, really, because he's easily one of the most important parts of the ride.

I keep saying it: asking for a new Star Tours is like asking for trouble!

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by America Stings

\

I think the Jawas are waiting backstage with their extraterrestrial currency.

I shudder to think what they'll do to Pee Wee.

• ...TWO BITS!

REVIEW:
    1) All new simulators, digital projection, random sequences, in-cabin effects, and stereo surround sound sounds great

2) Who WOULD voice the new REX or other captain?!

MY THOUGHTS:
    1) Instead of using video moniters to look at R2-D2, X-wing captains, etc., could they put in a holographic effect like in the movie? Same type of technology they use in the Autopia pre-show room.

2) Some people had concerns over the timeline with having 6 films. Well, who says they have to be in different timelines? All 6 films should be in the same timeline: after Episode 6. Since the Empire is destroyed, tourism of the galaxy can comense.

3) Planets to visit: Moon of Endor (original film) and these other options- http://www.answers.com/topic/raxus-prime

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

Blog Entries

We need something that surrounds you like CirlcleVision, moves you like Soarin' and seats that move like Star Tours. An all new spectacular spaceship experience.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast