Why not CA Discounts?

At WDW in Florida, there are discount "deals" for Florida Residents. Not for "Orange County", or "Orlando" or "Certain ZIP Code" residents --- so *WHY* are all the Disneyland Discounts for Southern California Only? Would it really damage the bottom-line that much if they were to "extend" the SoCal discounts to *ALL* residents of California? While there might be some impact on the revenue from admissions, there might be an increase in spending on other things, or perhaps even more frequent visits from your neighbors North of the Grapevine.

Just my $0.02!

What do you think???

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sjdimon
    At WDW in Florida, there are discount "deals" for Florida Residents. Not for "Orange County", or "Orlando" or "Certain ZIP Code" residents --- so *WHY* are all the Disneyland Discounts for Southern California Only? Would it really damage the bottom-line that much if they were to "extend" the SoCal discounts to *ALL* residents of California? While there might be some impact on the revenue from admissions, there might be an increase in spending on other things, or perhaps even more frequent visits from your neighbors North of the Grapevine.

Just my $0.02!

What do you think???

Blood is bad between north and south. Most of it has to do with water and how our nothern brothers got more funding than the south. For a long time, talk has been ongoing about splitting the state. There may be a fight but remember, you have the national Guard and we have the bloods and the Crips.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• Banned User

California is larger than FLA in size.... and WDW is much larger then DL.. 4 large parks to 2 medium parks.... We have a large capacity and thus offer bigger deals to the entire state.... (even now FLA residents can get 3 days for price of 2.. or percent off on one day ticket.... or add park hopping i think..)

(you cannot split a state.. it is in the constitution....)

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    There are plenty of discounts available to non-SoCal folks...

Heck, a 3 Day ParkHopper is just $109, the lowest price that I can remember...

The Costco SoCal CityPass is available to everyone, and is another great deal...

All the great deals can be seen here...

http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=49

I agree that all California residents should be able to get the discounts! This has bothered me for a long time. Who cares what zip code you live in.

• -Going Retro-

I'd say they offer enough discounts for Nor cal folks, Like DB said costco even Safeway you can purchase for a kids price. What's wrong with that? In Socal you can go one day and drive on home. For us Norcal folks, it's a vacation all the way with hotel and all. I'd say Disneyland relies on the what? Six million or so Bay Area residents who stay 2 or 3 days or if your a nerd like us 5 or 6 days

• Closed Account

Re: Why not CA Discounts?

oh yeah

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

while SoCal residents may make day trips only, some of us make A LOT of day trips, because the park is indeed closer. however, who says we don't stay in the hotels for multiple nights? just because we're closer doesn't mean we don't want to make a vacation out of it and longer at our favorite place ever.

• Photographer/Disney Lover

I agree with the fact that FL is way smaller than CA.

The 2000 Census says that "The population of California on April 1, 2000 was 33,871,648"

and then for more shocking news...

"The population of Florida on April 1, 2000 was 15,982,378"

Thats a HUGE differance.
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

Why u ask? Prob because the majority of people are APs anywayz. That is why APs have incresed over the years

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I would guess as others have said, it simply has to do with the population. California could easily be cut up into three separate states geographically and So Cal would still be one of the most populus states in the union.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888