Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: What should the next BIG attraction be?

Quote Originally Posted by symbolic
    Have they done a magic carpet ride anywhere? some sort of sinbad or alladin ride would be cool.
    I wouldn't want to see Flying Carpets of Aladdin, because I don't want to see DL turn to MK with having Aladdin, Dumbo, & Astro Orbitor. I mean they are all the same attraction just with some more plastic parts stuck on and colors changed. I don't really enjoy those rides, I mean Dumbo is ok, but the best was the Rocket Jets and being so high.....

Sinbad wouldn't really work, because there is not really room or theme to put it in. It works in Tokyo Disney Sea because of the Arabian Coast, and having the little folk tale boat rides in EPCOT, the same. But I think that DL isn't really the place for Sinbad.

However, maybe if they don't plan to use Aladdin's Oasis as a restaurant, they could make a copy of "Le Passage Enchanté d'Aladdin" from Disneyland Paris,because it is fairly small and just a walkthrough of audio-animatronic scenes from Aladdin and would be a good use of a low-key area.

• Element of Laughter

Here's a few I'd like to see:
    1. Finally do Western River Expedition. From what I've read about that one, it sounds like something I would have liked.
    2. Kingdom Hearts dark ride. I'll admit that I've never played the game, but the whole concept of combining Anime, fantasy, and pretty much every Disney character you can think of (and some you probably haven't thought of) could make for a cool ride.
    3. I like the Liberty Square and Edison Square ideas, and they have possibility. Liberty Square could be the permanent home of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, and maybe have a couple of historical themed attractions, while Edison Square could be more scientific in nature, featuring attractions that are more science-oriented, but still entertaining, perhaps an updated version of Adventure thru Inner Space.
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

• Rawr...

I'm HARDCORE down with the Villians land idea. So much possibilities... even a whole Villians park....
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Needs the smell of summer

Quote Originally Posted by Son Gohan
    Here's a few I'd like to see:
    1. Finally do Western River Expedition. From what I've read about that one, it sounds like something I would have liked.
    2. Kingdom Hearts dark ride. I'll admit that I've never played the game, but the whole concept of combining Anime, fantasy, and pretty much every Disney character you can think of (and some you probably haven't thought of) could make for a cool ride.
    3. I like the Liberty Square and Edison Square ideas, and they have possibility. Liberty Square could be the permanent home of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, and maybe have a couple of historical themed attractions, while Edison Square could be more scientific in nature, featuring attractions that are more science-oriented, but still entertaining, perhaps an updated version of Adventure thru Inner Space.
    WRE would be a great ride to expand DCA.

A Kingdom Hearts ride would be awesome. You, Donald, and goofy travel to different Disney Themed Worlds and look for King Mickey. It would be great!

I think a Little Mermaid E-ticket would be awesome. In the Climax, a Huge Ursula AA looms in the distance, and right before you get to her, you drop right underneath her!

I want Journey to the Center of the Earth! Re-theme it to an Earthquake setting and put it in DCA.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Something exciting that gets the adreneline going. No more dark rides IMO. The last two new ones were those. Get something for the older crowd..

• aka Boobie Miles

all of the ideas are good, but where would they go? DL is out of room because walt wasn't smart enough to buy more land. the only new rides would be taking the space of a current ride, or an empty building. so the only new "lands" would be possibly in the timon parking lot in DCA or a new park
    Boobie Miles 'll burn you!!!
    And so will the rest of the Panthers!!!!!!

There are so many directions DisneyLand could go in. Many of them however, are safe FantasyLand type rides. It has been forever since Disneyland has had a great quality E ticket ride. The Tower of Terror over in DCA is a great thrill ride but, Disneyland is lacking now. Things are becoming older and outdated. Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Pirates, The Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, etc. and wouldn't want to change them. They are classics. (Actually, an update on Indy or Star Tours would be great). I have mixed feelings on the updating of Pirates coming up. I just feel they need an E Ticket thrill ride that may or may have nothing to do with a Film. I have to admit one thing though. I am terribly disappointed with Space Mountain and the time it took to do the changes. I thought it would be spectacularly different. I was floored to see that it had been shut down 2 plus years for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by symbolic
    They should also bring back some Classic parades, untill they come up with another winner. just a thought.
    If this is for both whole DL resort, I think that I'd like to see an expanded Electrical Parade, on the scale of Tokyo Disneyland's Dreamlights, which seeing from video looks like a great parade and has a lot of classic and new floats. They had a Buzz Lightyear, but that could be replaced with an Aladdin - flying carpet float, Lion King - pride rock float, or Pocahontas - colors of the wind float. Since Buzz has a big presence in a "semi-stage show", ride, and part in the Block Party Bash.

Maybe have another Party Gras parade...I always thought that was a cool parade.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakus

I think a Little Mermaid E-ticket would be awesome. In the Climax, a Huge Ursula AA looms in the distance, and right before you get to her, you drop right underneath her!
    Man we should get a petition goin for that one! stop video nemo and make mermaid instead!!!

Quote Originally Posted by terminatorX
    all of the ideas are good, but where would they go? DL is out of room because walt wasn't smart enough to buy more land. the only new rides would be taking the space of a current ride, or an empty building. so the only new "lands" would be possibly in the timon parking lot in DCA or a new park
    Walt wasn't lacking intelligence, just money. Saying that, Disneyland is big enough. Bigger doesn't mean better. We have more attractions in our Anaheim Magic Kingdom than Florida has in theirs. And there is still room for attractions. I can't imagine adding too many more attractions to this full park. The crowds are already too large on many days and with FastPass they are just standing about in the walkways instead of being sucked-up in queues.

There is the entire backstage area between Tomorrowland and Mainstreet and the area behind ToonTown and the Rivers of America. Not to mention the Backside of Tom Sawyer's Island. Yes some things would need to be moved, but that isn't a huge issue.
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Carl Sagan

I would like to see a big E added to DCA. Using the land where Route 66 is located plus add the Grand Californian's grass area and nearby parking lot. Construct Mt. Shasta for the show building and then inside the attraction could explore the legends of that mountain.

"Towering in isolation above the surrounding landscape, Mount Shasta is a mountain shrouded in mystery and the unexplained. With stories of underground cities, flying saucers, unexplained lights and encounters with unusual beings, it would be hard to envision a place with more mystique than Mount Shasta." -- http://www.unexplainedearth.com/shasta.php

See Also:
    http://www.siskiyous.edu/shasta/fol/index.htm

Since I am not sure what the latest ride technologies are, I don't know what type of ride it should be. Looking at the mountain it immediately brings to mind Expedition Everest but I don't want another clone so I would hope for something different.

http://www.edisaurus.com/climbing/mo...t_shasta95.htm
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Carl Sagan

• Animatronic

I think the lack of space in the original park has contributed to the magic. The sub-ride is under the autopia, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Indy all bust the berm and seem more mysterious because of it. It's somewhat cool when rides mingle and go under ground. You never know the scope of the ride you're walking in to. It's much nicer than a large box you have to walk around like in other theme parks.

One more idea for a DCA E-ticket, which has been mentioned before, is the La Brea Tar Pits. I would love to go on an imaginary journey down the ancient Los Angeles River and encounter the Flora and Fauna of the Ice Age. There are so many odd creatures from then. Check out the Tar Pits web page for examples http://www.tarpits.org/education/guide/flora/sloth.html

The sloths, bears, lions, and Sabertoothed Cats alone seem like fun creatures. I'm thinking Western River Expedition before the last Ice Age. Add a few geologic events, earthquakes, or volcanic eruptions and there are are so many possibilities.

The Journey to the Center of the Earth ride at TDS could be the inspiration for this as well. At least this would be a clone of something NOT from Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    I think the lack of space in the original park has contributed to the magic. The sub-ride is under the autopia, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Indy all bust the berm and seem more mysterious because of it. It's somewhat cool when rides mingle and go under ground. You never know the scope of the ride you're walking in to. It's much nicer than a large box you have to walk around like in other theme parks.
    I agree. I think there is a more creative element when forced into small areas. I love how Disneyland is magically larger than it seems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast