Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: What should the next BIG attraction be?

And one more idea. There was a gravity railway north of San Francisco on Mt. Tamalpais. Look at this picture! http://www.alamedainfo.com/Mt_Tamaplais_CA_PC_04.jpg

This could be a really fun ride if highly immersive as well as being a major "people eater" judging by the capacity.

The ride could use the Expedition Everest idea by first being pulled uphill by a train like in this image http://www.alamedainfo.com/Mt_Tamaplais_CA_PC_09.jpg

and then at the top section an earthquake shakes the cars causing them to decouple from the engine and the journey downhill, backwards begins.

Then stopping inside a mine tunnel some miners could yell to get out as they have just set off a fuse to a stack of dynamite. As the explosions begin you begin moving forward again.

It's a bit of a clone from EE but it could be fun and still a California theme.

Best of all, place it at the Route 66 area and help hide the outside world and extend the mountain range.
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Carl Sagan

• Banned User

I would like to see a brand new 21st century PeopleMover that takes you into the future world of man. That would be so awesome!

• aka Boobie Miles

ill suggest that they throw out monsters inc and put Rock N Roller Coaster in Hollywood. It would work with the new "hollywood studios" area. make a fairly high building where monsters is and where millionaire was. have the monorail going right through the building too. it will be like how the people mover went through all the tommorowland rides. and so you people dont complain about another clone, put a different soundtrack in there. like maybe van halen
    Boobie Miles 'll burn you!!!
    And so will the rest of the Panthers!!!!!!

I think the first thing they need to do before building any new attractions and drawing more crowds is add a tram or some sort of transportation device to the Simba and Pumbaa lots. You'd think the Lion King tram would go to them, but it only hits Timon. Let me tell you, after spending all day yesterday going from one end of DL to the other end of DCA multiple times, the last thing I wanted to do was walk PAST Downtown Disney and PAST the Downtown Disney parking lot to get to Simba. It's been equally awful walking through Anaheim to get to Pumbaa. Either put tram/shuttle service to these lots or take them out and add another Mickey & Friends type structure over by Simba or the DD parking lot with tram service.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

They need to tear out Fantasyland Theater and Big Thunder Ranch and make Villain Mountain, an E-Ticket Ride that will make peoplle want to go to that section ofthe park. Im hoping for a 2010 opening date.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by mushufan
    I would like to see a big E added to DCA.
    Probably wouldn't have room for a BIG E-Ticket anywhere else, would they? Besides, as discussed elsewhere, Disney probably needs to look into drawing the crowds in to DCA.

Darkrides are always good. The great thing about a good darkride is that (i) appeals to the whole family; (ii) gets you off your feet for a few minutes and (iii) still manages to draw the crowds if popular enough (Toad's Wild Ride, for example, still pulls them in after almost 50 years).

However, what I think Disney does best are the adventure rides: Indy, Pirates of the Caribbean etc. These are the ones I love to ride again and again. Pirates is being tweaked, as Disney recognises its popularity (and cash-in potential) and the lasting value of the ride and movies. I'm not necessarily saying there should be a National Treasure ride, but the synergy (oh god, I used THAT word) created between a popular film and a complimentary ride is invaluable. This really works when a guest can go on a park-based adventure that is as far removed from their own lives as the the movies are.

So anything with a combination of story, effects and thrills works for me
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• ...TWO BITS!

*cough* Sorry if I'm rambling on and on and on and....

Critter Country Expansion: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21382

Valley of Villainy: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18828

Peoplemover: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22500

Journey to the Center of the Earth & Treasure Planet inspired attractions: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22637

The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Jungle Book, and others will be put in an idea I have inspired by other people about a Discovery Bay/WESTcot's World Showcase/Animal Kingdom/ Myths & Legends hybrid for a 3rd DLR park. Return Swiss Family Treehouse and put Tarzan's Treehouse in this 3rd park. The layout would be closer to DAK & DL park layout. I kind of dislike a man-made lagoon. Too much wasted space.

Western River Expedition sounds like a great idea as well. Possibly a "Woody's Roundup" as well. Depends. But for goodness sake, no "Critter Carousel". And return BTR with Hillbillies & return Golden Horseshoe with the original show.

And Philharmagic in Golden Dreams theater. And a new Mickey darkride in Mickey's house with Pete as the villain trying to erase Mickey from the old shorts so Pete is famous instead of Mickey (wild idea, I know). Possibly be traditional dark ride, something new, darkride with motion simulator, or Pooh's Hunny Hunt tech (each of the 3 cars are themed to Mickey, Donald, and Goofy).
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 03-27-2006 at 03:07 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• o Tom o

Imagine where the West end of Fantasyland is now, they remove the landing station for the old Skyway...

You enter an Icelandish cave somewhere in the Atlantic...and old ghost viking ship is waiting for you and your crew. You board the intrepid vessel and the winds push straight into the eye of Odin. Your vessil is moving now, banking sharply off the sharp corners of the waves...your boat passes the eye and you enter Asgard the land of the Viking Gods but something is a miss...Loki the good of mischief, an imp like creature has usurped the power of the land and you must gather the mightest Viking warriors from all the lands and find Thor to break the ice that guards Odin.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by IndyJn511
    I'm HARDCORE down with the Villians land idea. So much possibilities... even a whole Villians park....
    I vote Villain's land too!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• The one, the only...

There are three recent classic Disney animated features that should have a major ride for Disneyland: Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin.

I have to go with Little Mermaid first because it is a natural boat ride. Walt Disney did many boat rides because their is a charm in just getting into a boat. I am sure that the whole family would love it, just as appealing to the whole family CAN be popular as Monsters Inc. proves. As to space, I would put it where the old motor boat cruise was. It would boarder IASM but I think that some blending of the water theme could make the two attractions cohabit.

For DCA, I would like to get away from going with movies, especially just Pixar movies. I vote for a Winchester Mystery House. I think that the haunted house theme is much larger than just one ride. Ghosts haunting can be repeated without people feeling it is over done. With a new park, another opportunity offers itself. I see it as a mixture of the DL Haunted Mansion and Indiana Jones. State of the art illusions and a more thrilling ride than HM.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Needs the smell of summer

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    .... I vote for a Winchester Mystery House. I think that the haunted house theme is much larger than just one ride. Ghosts haunting can be repeated without people feeling it is over done. With a new park, another opportunity offers itself. I see it as a mixture of the DL Haunted Mansion and Indiana Jones. State of the art illusions and a more thrilling ride than HM.
    That sounds like a great idea! Put that and WRE into DCA - make sure they are both heavy on animatronics - That would be like DCA's own Pirates/Mansion Combo!

• Donalds younger brother

I think a herbie ride at dca would help boost attendence. Make it kinda like test track but herbie it up.

Let's take a clue from Walt himself.

Walt loved new technology. And he would embrace it, combine it with a top notch story line, and at the same time, keep a foot in the past, and he would keep just enough tradition too, and make it all work simoultaneously.

That should intrigue us all..

I invite you to picture not just "sections" of old and new favorites, but "complete lands".

Have you read about Dubai Land? (Huge)

Let's face it, nothings "new", but Disney could open up on the corporate spending budget and put more Pixie Dust on those little things to make em' bigger.

We gotta DIG deeper, really DIG!! Stop building these mini-parks and expand the ones we have at home. If we'dve stopped at Virginia, there would'nt be a US!!

Think of it..a "complete single themed kingdom" all of their own. Interactive adventure from start to finish. (tell me you never wanted to play on a life size LIFE board?!)

That's the kind of imagination we need!! All out..

The Villians thing is a start. Hook's a great Villian...now envision playing AS Pan on an entire Lost Island. (just like the Island) and life size! Or, AS Hercules battling with a Hydra or Menotaur, or blowing out Ole Hades candle head to impress Meg!! (Hubba-Hubba)

Sure it would take Imagineering...(duh)

But, afterall this is Disney!!

Take a hint from Disney archive history ..it was a "stretch out of the box" for Walt, Roy O, and everyone who backed him. Bankers and bean counters said it could'nt be done! (and 50 years later, we're trying to reach out further, again)

So, why not!

And yeah, I'm liking The Kingdom Hearts Tokomura thing too.
    (FYI: KH2 is out tommorrow, 3/28, and I'm pumped.)

This franchise has every 10-30 and even 40 something buzzing. It's extremely adventurous and has gone way past mega million seller for Disney.

Its key is it's simplicity. And encorporates new (Final Fantasy) and ALL the characters (current and classic Disney, even the cute and cuddly ones) into an ongoing, yet seemingly, unscripted plot.

Keep Imagineering..even small ideas begin a dream. Who know's, maybe JL's taking notes!

Remember, "It all started with a Mouse".
    Last edited by mickeymclub; 03-27-2006 at 08:19 PM.

MMClub

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123