Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What should the next BIG attraction be?

I just thought I would like to hear from you all, what you think the next big attraction should be. I remember back in the 90's when I hadn't been to DLR for a while, and when we went, we were blown away with the lion king parade, and the new Indy ride. And the Indy ride came right after Splash mountain! So it seems like a bit of a lull. Anyway I cant wait for something big. They should also bring back some Classic parades, untill they come up with another winner. just a thought.

• My life is better with DL

Re: What should the next BIG attraction be?

This wouldnt be a BIG fastpaste attraction but I would like to see a Little Mermaid ride put into Fantasyland just because I love that movie and it just isn't represented well.

^This is the life!

• With my wife....

I'd love to see something new done with the test track technology.... properly funded of course, to avoid another Rocket Rods fiasco.

I know the Cars idea has been tossed around for DCA. Using the movie overlay might cause (yet more) thematic problems, but a ride based on So Cal's "car culture" would be perfect, and this technology would be the best way to bring it to life.
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• Sock Puppet

I think it should be something that makes us go "whoa". Like Soarin'. It needs to be something inventive, with new technology. No more cheap rides.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by MiceSteak
    This wouldnt be a BIG fastpaste attraction but I would like to see a Little Mermaid ride put into Fantasyland just because I love that movie and it just isn't represented well.
    If Lasseter were in charge earlier, that would've probably happened in time for the Platinum DVD release this October.

• Sock Puppet

What about a 101 Dalmations ride? I LOVED that movie as a kid, and you don't see anything with them anymore. Or Fox and the Hound. I don't think that's a very popular movie though.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

I would much more prefer an originaly themed ride or land than one based on the current, next big hit from Pixar. Is there no more originality left in what is left of WDI? They need to mine the past or look to the future for their good ideas and fill up that blank spot in Frontierland.

Afew ideas:
    -Discovery Bay.
    -Updated Western River Expedition which would mix the regular boat idea with the trackless technology from Tokyo's Pooh and Aquatopia.
    -A Villian land
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• I'm your huckleberry.

I love the Villan Land idea!!!! So many people are villian's fans (not just Joanne ), they could really do a lot with that kind of theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

I think I've had my fill of pixar for a while, I was not that impressed with the astro blaster ride, you should not be able to see acoustical ceiling tiles on any ride that new!

Dark Rides for Toontown. They don't necessarily have to be the technological wonders like Pooh's Hunny Hunt, but they should be pretty good at least. There is much that can be done with the Toontown gang, from dark rides, outdoor rides, or shows. No movie (no matter how good a Disney or Pixar film it was) tie ins for awhile. I think they need to go back to storytelling and using original characters in new stories will help.

• Sock Puppet

I agree with the Pixar sentiment. Unless they wanted to put something Toy Story in. That could be cool. Like...Escape from Al's Toy Barn (Is that the name of the second movie?). It could be a dark ride or something.

Toy Story 1 and 2 were good movies but they never really did much with them.

• Sock Puppet

What about the Great Riverboat Expedition that was once proposed years ago and also Discovery Bay, with rides themed to Island at the Top of the World and a restaurant themed to 20, 000 Leagues under the Sea. What about Liberty Square and Edison Square, which were proposed way back before Walt concentrated his efforts for the attractions of the New Yorks World's fair. I would also love to see an attraction like Magic Skyway, where guests boarded Ford cars and took a trip into prehistoric times. I know we have the dino's from that attraction in the Grand Canyon diorama, but it would be nice to see all of those comical cavemen used in the original attraction. I would also love to see a return of the Carousel of Progress or America Sings in lieu of Innoventions.

• Banned User

New Star Tours destination!

Have they done a magic carpet ride anywhere? some sort of sinbad or alladin ride would be cool.

• Sock Puppet

I don't know if Disneyland has this, but WDW has a Flying Carpets of Agrabah ride (or something to that effect) which is basically like Dumbo...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast