Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: An upgrade for Harold?

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    I would take matterhorn, and clean things up... remove all that dust from his coat.. lol (it's easier to make him brown and sell the same stuff at both parks..)
    Good idea. I'd also like to see one of them wearing a pair golden Mickey ears, too. Just for the 50th, of course...

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    I think that the ride is long overdue for a serious overhaul. Yes, it was state of the art in 1959, but unless I'm very much mistaken, it's been running on the same ride system for nearly 50 years! Personally, I would love to see the Matterhorn go down for a major refurb soon, and reopen in the spring of 2007. But I'm a nerd like that.
    Didn't the Matterhorn open in 1959 with nothing to see with 1 car bobsleds. Just rockwork. Then I think in the '70s they added the crystals, snowman, 2 car bobsleds, and the snowy projection in the lift hill? And isn't the bumpy-ness supposed to feel like you're actually on a bobsled experience through icy pathways?

I would think perhaps new 2 car bobsleds (w/ individual seats), updated snowman (still white fur, not a EE copy), more & brighter "snowfall" in the lifthill with cold air breezin by, a little smoother track but still bumpy, and maybe some more effects can't think of. That should do the trick. Should have "the new" Matterhorn for 2009 for it's 50th anniversary. So I'm really hoping WDI is planning something soon.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• My life is better with DL

So personally, I still get scared every time I ride the Matterhorn. Something about him has scared me since I was little. As sad as it is, I don’t think I could handle Harold if he moved around even more...Haha but that's just b/c I am a baby.

^This is the life!

• Banned User

the Yeti doesnm't have to be a clone of the EE one.. just give it darker fur....
    (then they can really sell Everest/Matterhorn items at AK & DL, instead of EE haveing white murchandising with a brown yeti)

• Official Mice Chat person

I'd love to see the a matterhorn updated. Singal seating bobsleds, more realistic Harold, and smooth banked turns!

• Banned User

And maybe put more effects in the lift all there is is a snow effect that you can barely see and a red warning light. maybe hide the stairs too, you can see the stair clearly which ruins it (for me) and maybe a new ride system! On board audio would be nice, and maybe add a story behind it.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I like it the way it is, jerky, fast, fun, and furious!!! Also harold should be kept the way he is!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• idk my BFF Minnie

I think he's fine just the way he is--I mean you only see him for 2 seconds D: If he did move anymore I don't think it would be noticeable. And I love his fluffy white coat--He seems so cuddly

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183
    On board audio would be nice, and maybe add a story behind it.
    Haha, they audio should be that yodeling song. Just kidding. I wouldn't want on-board audio and another story. It's fine without them. The story is your in bobsled down the Matterhorn with a brief encounter by a snow monster. Good enough for me.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• For You!

Single seats? Have you never taken a date or loved one? It's a nice excuse to get cozy!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Banned User

And awkward, i remeber riding with a friend and after, she said "I think I lost my virginity to Joe."

• Senior Minion

I really like the suggestions on The Yeti from Disneyland's MatterHorn. I for one would like to see the Yeti move more like Pancakesaregood suggested.

These days kid fear levels are lower then the days of old. Just changing him enough to make him more aggressive or active would definitely be a change without hurting the "purist" angle and still allow it to be somewhat kid friendly. I have never ridden a real Bobsled but I just wonder, are they that bumpy? Makes me wonder.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I'm looking at the two-man bobsledding on the Winter Olympics right now, and the only place that looks a little hairy is if the driver tapes a wall. There are actually "bobsled" coasters around the world that don't have any real "track" per se.

• Senior Minion

Sounds to me Twist, that it would be pretty bumpy but not as bad as the great MatterHorn.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Minion

Talking Re: An upgrade for Harold?

I would love to see Harold stay the same but with better movement. I think the bobsleds go by too fast for him to do too much though. I would love to see them redo the matterhorn like they did Space Mountain. It has been a while since they have really done anything to the track. I don't mind if it is smoother. I would love to see them make the track go higher on the lift. Make it just a little longer. I really want to see new bobsleds. AND new seatbelts like on Indiana or Star Tours. You can't undo those!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast