Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Give Peace a Chance

Re: Rain at the DLR = no fun

Count me in among the "It's raining, I'm going to Disneyland!" group. I always have my Mickey poncho in the car, I'm so ready for fun, many people leave, I wave bye and I have a great day!
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I was in high school the first time it was raining while I was at Disneyland, and it POURED all day. I clearly remember being SHOCKED at the lack of crowds, and being able to walk on all the rides. I think it may have been right after Space Mountain opened, and we went on four or five times in a row. I LOVE rainy days at Disneyland!

• that's right!

A rainy night at Disneyland would probably be my favorite time to go. Not pouring, and not misting, but somewhere in between

• My life is better with DL

Rainy days are probably my favorite for a couple reasons: One, I love the rain and I think it is so fun to be in. Two, there are less crowds so you don’t have to worry too much about lines. Three, I love the Jungle Cruise in the rain. And my last reason is my favorite: I love to watch people freak out and buy all of the parkas and run around like chickens with their heads cut off simply b/c they didn’t plan ahead, and they’re getting a little wet. It's amazing.

^This is the life!

• Senior Minion

I love the Rain for two reasons- I've suffered more miles on my bike then I care to mention in the rain -risky.

Second reason- I watched the crowds on New Years Eve make a dash for the exit in waves as I sat underneath cover by the Piano on MainStreet. It was interesting. By 10pm some folks returned, as well the locals. The crowds would have been twice as large had the rain not scared off a few people. I totally understand if you have kids, you want to keep them safe and healthy.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Official Mice Chat person

Disneyland is Disneyland whether the weather is wetter or whether the weather is dry!

• insufferable know-it-all

Rainy days at DL are best if it rains good and hard all morning and then clears or at least lightens up in the afternoon. Bad rainy days are the ones that start off dry and THEN rain, because once people are at the park, they are hesitant to leave.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Man O Lantern

Probably the most fun we've had at Disneyland EVER as a family was the week between Christmas and New Year's last year. It rained off and on, sometimes heavily for the entire five days we were there. The place was empty every night by dinnertime, so we just ran around and walked on rides...it was great! If it rained in the morning, we noticed herds of people leaving around lunchtime, they'd trickle back in around 2 or 3, then head out again before six. It was the best week!

Of course...we're from Oregon, so a little rain ain't gonna hurt us.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

I was there the last two days with a friend who hadn't been for a couple of years. We met up with PurpleDove, Escape (put an accent over that last "e"), SuPeR_K and his buddy who'd never been to a Disney park, Wolfy999 and Wolfette. Wolfy and 'ette had plans for hot chocolate and left before the downpour, but the rest of us had fireworks and Fantasmic! planned out. It was very disappointing they were cancelled because we really wanted our guests to see the shows, but after the crowds ran for their lives (lest they melt??) we went commando! It was GREAT! Since we were already drenched we hopped on Splash Mountain straightaway, then "rode" our way across the park, ending our night on Space Mountain with a 10 minute wait. We had an excellent time!

And guess what... no one melted.

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    I was there the last two days with a friend who hadn't been for a couple of years. We met up with PurpleDove, Escape (put an accent over that last "e"), SuPeR_K and his buddy who'd never been to a Disney park, Wolfy999 and Wolfette. Wolfy and 'ette had plans for hot chocolate and left before the downpour, but the rest of us had fireworks and Fantasmic! planned out. It was very disappointing they were cancelled because we really wanted our guests to see the shows, but after the crowds ran for their lives (lest they melt??) we went commando! It was GREAT! Since we were already drenched we hopped on Splash Mountain straightaway, then "rode" our way across the park, ending our night on Space Mountain with a 10 minute wait. We had an excellent time!

And guess what... no one melted.
    What an adventure!

Ok wet is one thing, but were you cold?? I hate being cold

Staying while it's raining is ok w/ kids as long as they're mobile i.e. not in a stroller. And no, you can't get sick from the rain.
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• there's always my way...

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    Cant blame the rain for getting sick thats an old wives tale. You were probably infected before you even went. Sorry, I reject you totally
    NO! I got sick from the rain my grandma said so!
    hold on let me put onions in my shoe to get rid of the ear ache.
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

FWIW, the rain doesn't always scare the crowds away. On Oct 17 last year (a Monday) it started raining aroung 1:00 PM and drizzled the rest of the day. Hardly anyone left!

• Give Peace a Chance

I just have to share this: This happened a few years ago, when one day it rained, we had not had any rain here to talk about for about 2 years, well of course, people ran. I was at the Emporium standing in line behind a lady who asked the CM "If it rained often here?"
    We both doubled over laughing! (not mean, but funny haha laughter)
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    Cant blame the rain for getting sick thats an old wives tale. You were probably infected before you even went. Sorry, I reject you totally
    Hate to say it (wait, no I don't) that you're wrong. I just saw a recent study that cold can contribute greatly to catching/onset of a cold.

Sorry you got sick...

• Island Paradise

If the children and I are at The Park when it rains, we love to warm up with a hot chocolate at the Main Street Bakery and stroll the stores for goodies. Sometimes we splash in the street, head over to the castle and look for hidden treasure. (details we haven't spotted before)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast