Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• For You!

Re: Rain at the DLR = no fun

Cold???!!! I'll give you cold! It barely got to 30 degrees here today, and yesterday was a whopping 22 degrees! I'll take rain and 60 degrees anyday. We were there a couple of weeks ago with some friends from Las Vegas, they were pulling out parkas in the evening - we were in shorts and t-shirts and loving it! I'll take the rain over the freezing snow!

But, I live in Idaho - so you deal with it, and feel grateful for any trip to Disneyland!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

No, it wasn't really cold last night. Right after the cloudburst it cleared up, and surprisingly wasn't as cold as we'd have thought. Of course, I was bundled up in a leather bomber jacket...

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    I was there the last two days with a friend who hadn't been for a couple of years. We met up with PurpleDove, Escape (put an accent over that last "e"), SuPeR_K and his buddy who'd never been to a Disney park, Wolfy999 and Wolfette. Wolfy and 'ette had plans for hot chocolate and left before the downpour, but the rest of us had fireworks and Fantasmic! planned out. It was very disappointing they were cancelled because we really wanted our guests to see the shows, but after the crowds ran for their lives (lest they melt??) we went commando! It was GREAT! Since we were already drenched we hopped on Splash Mountain straightaway, then "rode" our way across the park, ending our night on Space Mountain with a 10 minute wait. We had an excellent time!

And guess what... no one melted.
    Oh Phil. You didn't look THAT wet in Disneyana!

That was swell to see you. :3
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    Cant blame the rain for getting sick thats an old wives tale. You were probably infected before you even went. Sorry, I reject you totally
    Right on the money, O-nut...and that comes not from me, but from my wife who has a Masters Degree in Nursing and more than 20 years experience as an RN.

That, and this from the St Luke's Wellness Center in Idaho website (representative of what I found on several other sites)...

True or false...
    Being out in cold, damp weather causes colds.
    False. Colds are caused by viruses, which are transmitted through contact with other humans or their nasal secretions. No matter what Mom says, you will not “catch a cold” if you’re caught out in the rain, unless you have already been exposed to the virus.
    Stay healthy out there -

Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Rainy days in the parks are the BEST! I've been to DLR, Knott's and Magic Mtn on rainly days. SO many people are afraid to get a little water on them and run for cover leaving many rides nearly deserted. It's great.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Oh Phil. You didn't look THAT wet in Disneyana!

That was swell to see you. :3
    Mel, I'd looked for you at BB earlier in the day, so it was AWESOME to see you in Disneyana, what a great surprise!

• Basking in birthday love

The very best trip I'd ever taken to Disneyland was last year at fall break. It was a Tuesday in October. It was raining, and I was on crutches because I'd cut the bottom of my foot open a few days before and had to walk funny to keep the weight off it. We didn't have to wait in line for ANYTHING, and we got pretty sweet seats for Snow White because I couldn't do the stairs.

And yeah, the rain on New Year's Eve was a blessing. I was working eleven hours on Main Street that day, and if we hadn't had such a chill afternoon, I probably would have died by the time it got to fireworks at Coke Corner.

Bring on the rain! Just bring your umbrella.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    Right on the money, O-nut...and that comes not from me, but from my wife who has a Masters Degree in Nursing and more than 20 years experience as an RN.

That, and this from the St Luke's Wellness Center in Idaho website (representative of what I found on several other sites)...

Stay healthy out there -

Barry
    Generally, colds from "the rain" come from everyone being cooped up and exposing each other to each other's germs.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Rain can certainly dampen parades. This past New Years Eve day
    was one of those rainy days, too. But, a year ago, we had so
    much MORE rain, in fact, all the rain during the 2004 Christmas
    season inspired this Top Ten List:

Think of this as an unconventional report, as I will just list 10 things I noticed in DL this rainy day. Of course this is by no means the 1st rainy day I have experienced in DL (anyone remember 12-31-1999!?!?)

10. It is possible for Fantasmic and the Parade to be cancelled, but still be able to view the Fireworks show!

9. You can find a place to sit on the curb durig the fireworks ~ and have an unobstructed view during the entire show!

8. The pavement on the street around the hub reflects the fireworks beautifully. (Even nicer that Paradise Pier's reflection in the fake lake)

7. The reflection of It's a Small World Holiday on the surrounding paved area looks nicer than the Paradise Pier's reflection.

6. The tram becomes the wettest ride in all of Disneyland. (It's True! Even the tram Cast member confirmed this to everyone on board!)

5. The Frontierland Pavement forms fun puddles to stomp in on every step!

4. The Elephants in the Jungle Cruise stop complaining about Bertha hogging the shower!

3. Disney "Snow" and Drizzle combine to form a brand new magical substance called "SHNIZZLE"

2. Realize how much more fun (and dry) The Country Bear Christmas Show is, than a ride in a wet Pooh hive.

and the #1 TOP thing noticed during my rainy day trip to Disneyland today:

The Natives in Adventureland Stop singing Y.M.C.A, and start performing "Singing in the Rain"!

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

I've never been to DL in the rain, but I would like to. Can you guys give me an idea of how wet you really get, for example, if it's more than a drizzle but not pouring? Like, will I be slogging around in soaked jeans? What kind of rain gear do you recommend? It seems like even if you wear a poncho, most rides would have wet seats, so you would get wet when you sit. Any tips for DL in the rain would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by lady3jane
    I've never been to DL in the rain, but I would like to. Can you guys give me an idea of how wet you really get, for example, if it's more than a drizzle but not pouring? Like, will I be slogging around in soaked jeans? What kind of rain gear do you recommend? It seems like even if you wear a poncho, most rides would have wet seats, so you would get wet when you sit. Any tips for DL in the rain would be appreciated.
    How in the world do you expect us to answer a question like that?!? Let me ask you this: what do you wear when you go out in the rain?

There's your answer.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

i love DL in the rain. It's empty, and the rides are fun!

• Why do you keep talking?

aww I was there Friday and Saturday. It started out kinda busy, then the rain came and it wasn't so busy. I had a lot of fun and didn't get THAT wet (I ran for cover into the Opera House when it started to REALLY come down for that little bit. and it was drizzling when I got out) Saturday was just a tease though. it didn't start raining until a little after 11PM so we ran around fantasyland getting wet and riding with no waits.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

Quote Originally Posted by MiceSteak
    Rainy days are probably my favorite for a couple reasons: One, I love the rain and I think it is so fun to be in. Two, there are less crowds so you donít have to worry too much about lines. Three, I love the Jungle Cruise in the rain. And my last reason is my favorite: I love to watch people freak out and buy all of the parkas and run around like chickens with their heads cut off simply b/c they didnít plan ahead, and theyíre getting a little wet. It's amazing.
    You should have seen he crowds on Sat/Sun(Today)! On Sat it rained, still busy...
    On Sun it HAILED and then rained.. SUPER busy.

I brought ponchos with me, so I didnt have to buy theirs, but it was still crazy. People did not leave and make there be less crowds. For every half-tram of people leaving, a full-tram of people arrived.

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by lady3jane
    Okay, I'm a weather wuss. If it's too hot, I complain, too cold, I complain, too wet, too humid, too dry. I like to complain.

But we really had the best time in the rain late last December (2004). It poured and when it didn't pour, it showered heavily. *But* never for very long. There were loooong dry periods between the downpours.

We didn't wear ponchos, we bought one to cover our stroller while we were on rides and to cover our preschooler when we were walking. She stayed dry for the most part. The big thing was keeping her legs under the poncho, so they didn't get soaked. For us, we had umbrellas and raincoats that we'd brought with us, gloves, and the kids had winter hats on. We brought hand towels from the hotel to dry the seats on Matterhorn and Big Thunder Mountain and Small World. Most other rides we went on were no wetter than usual (Splash!), and the others were indoors, so it didn't matter!

It's not bad...I think the wettest part was the bottom six inches of our pants...and this was in late December, so it got cold, but never cold enough for me to complain...and like I said, I like to complain!

The coolest part was that people were super laidback and smiley. It was like this bonding thing with the people who stayed in the park.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast