Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

How long can it be from AP purchase until first use?

Can I buy an DAP on-line now, wait until August to first use it, then have it be good until the next August?

There's a date on the ticket that says "Must be used by....." I bought one in December of 2004, and I had to use it by March 5th, 2005. I'm not sure what happens if you miss your expiration date.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    nope- it expires 365 days after the purchase date- you should wait until august.

Or purchase it at the park- you can put your admission price you paid that day towards your AP- That's how mw and my hubby did it. We bought 3 day passes so we only had to pay like 50 bucks more a piece that day towards a AP- it was worth it.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• șoș Tom șoș

Does anyone know what the discount is if you get a Cast Member to purchase an AP pass for you?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    nope- it expires 365 days after the purchase date- you should wait until august.
    This can't be right. My first AP I bought at the Disney Store in April... First use wasn't until end of May, and end of May is still my expiration date (since I've renewed without break.

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    Or purchase it at the park- you can put your admission price you paid that day towards your AP- That's how mw and my hubby did it. We bought 3 day passes so we only had to pay like 50 bucks more a piece that day towards a AP- it was worth it.
    My concern is that AP prices usually go up late April or early May.... I fear the DAP will be $250-300 by August instead of the current $209.

My ideal would be to buy today at $209, then first use it in August.

If I have to process it within 90 days or so, then I'm forced to decide between buying now and making a special trip out to DLR in June to process or waiting until after May and getting hit with a price increase.

• Waiting for the stork

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    This can't be right. My first AP I bought at the Disney Store in April... First use wasn't until end of May, and end of May is still my expiration date (since I've renewed without break.

My concern is that AP prices usually go up late April or early May.... I fear the DAP will be $250-300 by August instead of the current $209.

My ideal would be to buy today at $209, then first use it in August.

If I have to process it within 90 days or so, then I'm forced to decide between buying now and making a special trip out to DLR in June to process or waiting until after May and getting hit with a price increase.

sorry just had to laugh...I love the use of the word 'forced' I wish I was forced to go to DL early......

so obviosly my advice is buy early...go on extra trip
    procrastibating

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    sorry just had to laugh...I love the use of the word 'forced' I wish I was forced to go to DL early......

so obviosly my advice is buy early...go on extra trip

Well, it is 750+ miles round-trip... 10 hours driving and $75 in gas and at least one night in a hotel... unless I stay at my sister's in Redlands... The it is the hastle of driving to DLR in traffic from Redlands.....

However, I will have my duaghter for June, and I was thinking of taking her to Sequoias for half a week or so. We could swing by DLR.....

Arg.... Why is everything so expensive and why am I so broke?!?!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    As mentioned above, the AP voucher has a expiration date, about 90 days after purchase.

If the price of AP's goes up after that date, and you haven't yet had your AP voucher processed, you will have to pay the difference in price (between the old price on the voucher, and the new AP price.)
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    as far as I know, there is no cm discount on AP's. I know when we bought single day tickets the discount was only a few dollars.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Minion

The CM Discount is $20 as long as they have a Silver pass. We had a friend of ours get it when we got APs.

• The Magics in the details

generally, it's 90 days, however they generally will let u process the pass past that date, but the expiration date will start immediately after the 90 day fuse. For example: If the cert expires on 6/30 and you process it on 7/12 the pass will still expire on 6/30 of the following year.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan
    The CM Discount is $20 as long as they have a Silver pass. We had a friend of ours get it when we got APs.
    As a Type A discount at TDS (when still owned by Disney) I got $20 off my AP when I bought it for DLR on July 4th. If you can, buy it on a blackout date and you can get in on that day. That's what I did... and bought pins!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    If the price of AP's goes up after that date, and you haven't yet had your AP voucher processed, you will have to pay the difference in price (between the old price on the voucher, and the new AP price.)
    When did that start??? I remember you used to be able to get your AP with voucher and not have to pay extra if the price went up.

That really sucks.

So, any news on when prices will go up this year? We are thinking of getting ours, but it won't be until May.

I bought my PAP right before the increase in October (the night before to be exact) online, and went AFTER the increase to process the voucher and did not have to pay the difference.
    Go see Billy Hill and the Hillbillies!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ilvdland
    I bought my PAP right before the increase in October (the night before to be exact) online, and went AFTER the increase to process the voucher and did not have to pay the difference.
    Were you past the voucher expiration date?

I think that is what Darkbeer was saying.

Assume I buy now, and get an expiration of June 15th. Then, prices go up $50 on April 15th. If I process on or before June 15th, no additional cost. If I wait and process in August 27th, then I'd have to pay the extra $50.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast