Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: No Flash Photography, Please

I have video of the train (DL).. with the conductor tyelling at the people taking flash photography.. lol

hmm, lets see... I said i was Sorry.. wait.. I did it at WDW with no flash... Never mind.

• Married and happy again!!

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986
    Ok, I was just at the park today, and there were people taking flash pictures in Small World like crazy. Finally,my mom and I (accidentally in unison) pointed that out to the people behind us. I have noticed this is becoming a worse and worse problem, and the CMs have been doing fewer announcements about it. Am I the only person who actually cares about the rules??

P.S. Why is that a requirement? Is it something to do with the animatronics (a la The Simpsons in Itchy& ScratchyLand)? Or is it more of a courtesy thing? II don't care either way just curious...I'd follow the rules either way..

P.P.S Also, the guy behind me decided to narrate the entire ride (yes, narrate It's A Small World) and proceeded to give misinformation (China is not Japan) and telling everyone what he thought of the entire ride compared to the last time he was on it ("I don't remember animals being in this part" "Koalas aren't purple and their heads don't turn that way") This is a good explanation as to why I am not a "people" person.
    I for one like the rule the flashing just so totaly annoys me. But to be fair my first trip there I know I was bad and did it too. Most notable In the Bears and POTC. HMMM Thiking to that Simpsons episode I am glad I didn't set off some psycho pirate and bear aa's chasing me thru WDW or am I?

Sorry about the narrating moron behind you in IASW. This is one where you almost wish the myth of being able to sink the boat was true. That would make for an intresting narration from him lol. Seriously some people are compleatly oblivious that they are ruining the time of people around them.
    Last edited by Jessicalover; 03-02-2006 at 03:47 PM.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Minion

ORDDU: Actually, ducklings, you'd be surprised how well pictures can develop--even with a flash against glass. We have a friend who takes many such pictures all the time--and they come out wonderfully well. He says it depends on the angle you're shooting from, as to whether or not the flash against the glass will interfere with the main subject to be focused on. Our friend enjoys taking pictures of all those displays inside the Main Street's Emporium windows. Also, he has taken pictures of the dinosaurs on the Train Ride and they came out quite well.

ORWEN: He's also managed to take some great pictures inside SMALL WORLD that came out quite well.

ORDDU: Years ago, there were no rules against taking pictures inside Pirates of the Caribbean. At some point that changed, but we are grateful for all the pictures we, personally, have of that magnificent attraction.

• More Than Meets The Mouse

At the Aladdin show on Sunday, there was a person taking pics and a CM came over and sternly told them "We said NO flash photography!" I was surprised he talked to the person that way, but I guess it shows that some CM's actually do enforce it.
    Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986
    P.P.S Also, the guy behind me decided to narrate the entire ride (yes, narrate It's A Small World) and proceeded to give misinformation (China is not Japan) and telling everyone what he thought of the entire ride compared to the last time he was on it ("I don't remember animals being in this part" "Koalas aren't purple and their heads don't turn that way") This is a good explanation as to why I am not a "people" person.
    That's hilarious! I hope he was sticking to the official unofficial iasw annoying guest script* that has been making the rounds lately:

guest: Welcome to it's a small world, sponsored by Bank of AmericaMattel the children of the world.

As you look to your left, you will see topiary statues created by the children of the world.

We're going to be entering a tunnel, so please duck if you're a basketball player or in the Guiness book of world records.

The first country represented is the land of cardboard cut-outs. These cardboard cut-outs were created by-- yes, you guessed it, the children of the world.

As we float through each country, note the distinct flavor and language of the song. There are over five hundred songs on this ride, each penned by the children of the world.

At this point I'd like to point out that it's okay to take flash photos. All the children have their trunks on.

Every country in the world is represented in this country except outer Mongolia. Why? Walt Disney ran out of money as he tried to finance the Haunted Mansion. This is why the Mansion was several years late to come to the park and never appeared at the 1960-1969 World's Fair held in Toronto, France.

For those riders in my boat wondeirng how many times I've sailed in this fiber glass boat, the answer is 5,842, I mean 5,843 including this ride.

Thank you for riding with me on it's a small world. If you enjoyed yourself, my name is Ben. If you didn't, my name is Susan and you've just been on Star Tours. Don't forget to tip your skipper.

*note: does not actually exist.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! The last two lines are my favorites on JC
    " And we can dream our dreams forever, dream our dreams together, we open our hearts make a wish on a star in the sky..."
    Light Magic 1997-1997

• Disneyland Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeymus Prime
    At the Aladdin show on Sunday, there was a person taking pics and a CM came over and sternly told them "We said NO flash photography!" I was surprised he talked to the person that way, but I guess it shows that some CM's actually do enforce it.
    Last September we were watching Aladdin from the Balcony and the same thing happen...I mean what are people thinking? you have this performers "flying" in a dark theater hanging from the ceiling on a magic carpet, let's flash a brigth light in their eyes, I'm sure that's safe?

Also, if they are taking pictures of the stage with their little cameras, I feel like telling them there is no way that picture is going to come out!

This trip I saw a guy taking a picture of his picture in ToT (on the monitors) with a flash from a disposable camera I almost said to him to at least try it again without the flash but I just kept my mouth shut

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123