Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Disney worshipper/geek

Angry No Flash Photography, Please

Ok, I was just at the park today, and there were people taking flash pictures in Small World like crazy. Finally,my mom and I (accidentally in unison) pointed that out to the people behind us. I have noticed this is becoming a worse and worse problem, and the CMs have been doing fewer announcements about it. Am I the only person who actually cares about the rules??

P.S. Why is that a requirement? Is it something to do with the animatronics (a la The Simpsons in Itchy& ScratchyLand)? Or is it more of a courtesy thing? II don't care either way just curious...I'd follow the rules either way..

P.P.S Also, the guy behind me decided to narrate the entire ride (yes, narrate It's A Small World) and proceeded to give misinformation (China is not Japan) and telling everyone what he thought of the entire ride compared to the last time he was on it ("I don't remember animals being in this part" "Koalas aren't purple and their heads don't turn that way") This is a good explanation as to why I am not a "people" person.
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• Disney worshipper/geek

Re: No Flash Photography, Please

Sorry, for double posting. I don't know how to fix it...
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• no flash photography...

no you're not the only one. Flash photography bothers me more than I can say. I also notice the CM's do nothing to stop it. I do hear the announcements saying no flash photography, but I have a feeling most people are to high on pixie dust and so self absorbed that they do not listen.......JMO

• Banned User

I don't think CMs can do much more than those announcements to not use flash. I mean what are they gonna do, stop the ride and remove the person doing the flash pics?

• Wonderful World

Im not a fan of that either. I mean 1 or 2 dosent bother me, but if they do it through out the ride thats when it becomes a problem
    I'm back MiceChat

• horsin' around!

I was at a Beth Moore conference...during a very solumn, special time...a few were flashing pics. Beth asked the people herself if they would please stop...this woman was praying for people for goodness sake..the room was hushed...and do you know..the minute she made that request..flashes started going off all over the place!!!
    I absolutely was astounded and felt absolute outrage at their rudeness!

• Dreams do come true

I also hate flash photos on rides ,last week my wife and I were on IASW and the lady in front of us kept taking flash photos and to make it worse she had bad B/O which would become stronger as she raised her arm to snap a photo.

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986
    This is a good explanation as to why I am not a "people" person.
    This here made me

Try this: NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY! YOU'RE RUINING THE MAGIC!

It actually worked.
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• Self service witchdoctor

I once took my old 10 pound VHS camcorder and blogeoned the daylights out of two old nuns in front of me in Pirates for their incessant flashing, only to find out it was just the lightning storm over that skeleton driving that ship. I said i was sorry.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jennidisneyfer
    This here made me

Try this: NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY! YOU'RE RUINING THE MAGIC!

It actually worked.
    Malibu Minion the Enforcer of the Magic!!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

My Phrase of choice " Respect the Magic people..... Respect the magic!"
    " And we can dream our dreams forever, dream our dreams together, we open our hearts make a wish on a star in the sky..."
    Light Magic 1997-1997

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986
    Ok, I was just at the park today, and there were people taking flash pictures in Small World like crazy. Finally,my mom and I (accidentally in unison) pointed that out to the people behind us. I have noticed this is becoming a worse and worse problem, and the CMs have been doing fewer announcements about it. Am I the only person who actually cares about the rules??

P.S. Why is that a requirement? Is it something to do with the animatronics (a la The Simpsons in Itchy& ScratchyLand)? Or is it more of a courtesy thing? II don't care either way just curious...I'd follow the rules either way..

P.P.S Also, the guy behind me decided to narrate the entire ride (yes, narrate It's A Small World) and proceeded to give misinformation (China is not Japan) and telling everyone what he thought of the entire ride compared to the last time he was on it ("I don't remember animals being in this part" "Koalas aren't purple and their heads don't turn that way") This is a good explanation as to why I am not a "people" person.
    There are actually several reasons flash photography is not permitted inside Disneyland attractions. But, basically, Disney artists want to control the lighting that guests see in the show, and guests, themselves, want to see the lighting that Disney artists use in the show. Flashes and other illumination are not only distracting, but they can destroy certain illusions.

Additionally, certain people are sensitive to stroboscopic light, so there is a health and safety factor, as well.

In instances where another guest is using a light, it's good to politely ask him or her if he or she would not mind refraining from using the light, and, if he or she refuses, just report the guest to the host or hostess at the exit when you return to the boarding area. The host and hostess will, then, speak to the guest.

It is also extremely important that if a guest is using a LASER pointer that you make an effort to report the device to a host or hostess for the safety of everyone.

• An actors life for me

I work on "its a small world". We do nothign to stop people taking pictures. Your allowed to video record the ride and take as many pictures as you want. Sorry. Thems the rules.

YES. I AM staring in the next Back to the Future. What? You dont believe me?

Take as many pictures as you want WITHOUT flashes..... flashes destroy the illusion the lighting and special effects have created..... it is just good Manners people... Emily Post is rolling in her grave( if anyone else knows who this is..... we probrobly should be dating) ;-)
    " And we can dream our dreams forever, dream our dreams together, we open our hearts make a wish on a star in the sky..."
    Light Magic 1997-1997

Quote Originally Posted by WaltsFavorite02
    Emily Post is rolling in her grave( if anyone else knows who this is..... we probrobly should be dating) ;-)
    Sorry, I'm straight (I'm assuming you're a guy from your profile).

Yensidtlaw1969
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast