• Stay Positive

Disneyland future

I just noticed with the old removales of ATIS and natures wonderland, what will happen in the future when Indiana Jones, splash mountain, space mountain, BLAB, autopia, any of the fantasy land rides, or, god forbid, JC, POTC, HM, IASM, all get the boot its a sad thought. But its walts wishes for the park to grow
    "Is a man who chooses to be bad better than a man who has the good imposed on him?"
    - Anthony Burgess
    "I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy place–a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it."
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

• white and nerdy

Re: Disneyland future

Really, All disneyland can do now is remove old rides if they want to add new ones. Space is a damning factor.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Space is a damning factor.
    I dunno... there's that big area out across the esplanade they could reclaim...
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• keep moving forward...

as long as they keep the time tested classics, and the new aged ones... im fine... and if all else fails, make DCA an extension of the original park.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Space is certainly a factor within the berm of Disneyland. The Imagineers have, in some cases, found ways to expand outside the berm but even this space is limited. I don't know anything about backstage or how much of this area could be used for new show buildings. Probably not much. I've mentioned before, with some creative "people moving" the show building for a dark ride could be put across the street if need be. But... space is limited. For anything spectacular within the park, something will have to give. The Big Thunder area has some potential, but I kind of like it undeveloped. It's wildness compliments the atmosphere of Frontierland. The Fantasyland Theatre (or whatever they're calling it these days) is a nice chunk of underused real estate. Disneyland could add quite a few "new" attractions by just replacing old ones that have just disappeared: Skyway, People Mover, Motor Boat Cruise (or something!). There's THREE new rides with no new land required. Then, move on to the rides that have really outlasted their usefullness: HISTA, Innoventions, perhaps even Star Tours. Now we're up to SIX new rides! Move Pizza Port upstairs in the Starcade, or incorporate it into Club Buzz (Tomorrowland Terrace) and there's a new building for an attraction. (Actually, an old attraction building reclaimed!) SEVEN new rides! Go ahead and put something in Big Thunder and Fantasyland Theatre and you're up to NINE! Combined with the (I hope still planned) removal of the Astro Orbiter and replacement of the Rocket Jets up high, you've got about 20 years worth of projects at two per year. Today's project is the return of the Submarine Voyage. There's plenty that can be done with the available space. Combined with actually making DCA a Disney-level park, there's no shortage of potential projects to be done before thinking about ripping out any Disneyland classics.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.