• Senior Minion

Matterhorn Tandem Pass?

On one of my visits to DL I was waiting in line and noticed one of the castmembers give a parent and a child a special pass.
    Was this for people whose friends and family were waiting? Or just to fill the ride. Ive done this on Splash (Single) but not tandem :confused:

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    That was a "Child Switch" pass, when a family has a kid or two that are two short to ride, one parent can go with the taller kids, and then take over watching the younger ones, while the other parent gets to ride. The older kids luck out, as the second parent can bring one kid with them, and they get to cut to the front of the line for the second trip.

You appear to have witnessed part of what is known as the "Baby Swap". A parent with an infant waits at the exit with the baby, while the other parent and the older child wait in line. When they get to the load point, they tell the CM they have a "Baby Swap", and the CM gives them the passes. They ride the ride, and when they get off, the other parent and the older child come back up the exit queue and are seated. They give out two passes probably because two are easier to seat than one, and also the parent with the baby won't have to watch both children.

• Senior Minion

That Is nice, I hope they have it around when my wife and I have children old enough to go.

• The future is upon us

Actually, it was probably NOT a Rider Switch Pass aka "Baby Swap". They were testing a new system called the Tandem Pass at the Matterhorn. What this was is basically a single ride pass, but it went to the people already waiting in line. The greeter would hand this pass out to people that would be a party of 1 or a party of 2 that would be using the same seat. This way if the grouper did not have a party 1 or 2 quickly available, they could just grab a tandem rider from the wheelchair ramp. They tried this out for B-side(Fantasyland) due to the new ramp not allowing the grouper Cast Member to run out and ask for a party of 2 for the line that raps around the mountain. (The new ramp is in the way). They wanted to keep it, but the Cast Members did not always hand them out at greeter because 1)It was hard for them to hand out without the others feeling left out and that it was unfair and 2)The grouper Cast Member did not always want people waiting at the end of the ramp.

• Senior Minion

Yeah that is exactly what I heard but wasn't sure what it actually :confused: was.

• Unknowing Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Covnut
    Actually, it was probably NOT a Rider Switch Pass aka "Baby Swap". They were testing a new system called the Tandem Pass at the Matterhorn. What this was is basically a single ride pass, but it went to the people already waiting in line. The greeter would hand this pass out to people that would be a party of 1 or a party of 2 that would be using the same seat. This way if the grouper did not have a party 1 or 2 quickly available, they could just grab a tandem rider from the wheelchair ramp. They tried this out for B-side(Fantasyland) due to the new ramp not allowing the grouper Cast Member to run out and ask for a party of 2 for the line that raps around the mountain. (The new ramp is in the way). They wanted to keep it, but the Cast Members did not always hand them out at greeter because 1)It was hard for them to hand out without the others feeling left out and that it was unfair and 2)The grouper Cast Member did not always want people waiting at the end of the ramp.
    Hmm, very interesting! Thank you !

Duck!

• Horizons

Too bad they don't offer them at the beginning of the line like they do at Indy. (I love going single rider on that one - it's a great way to whittle down the FP time from other rides!)
    Attention Horizons passengers: You are invited to choose your own flight path back to the FuturePort.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Sorry to inform you, Indy no longer offers a Single Rider pass. Since they changed the queue to require everyone to see the safety film first, even wheelchairs, there was too much abuse, and Disney just cancelled the program at Indy.

Splash still has it, though you might have a longer wait with the new logs when the attraction returns in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Sorry to inform you, Indy no longer offers a Single Rider pass. Since they changed the queue to require everyone to see the safety film first, even wheelchairs, there was too much abuse, and Disney just cancelled the program at Indy.

Splash still has it, though you might have a longer wait with the new logs when the attraction returns in March.
    Well I bet they will end up getting rid of that at Splash eventually
    DCA Tower Total 890 6/07/05

The last that I knew, DCA still uses single riders at Grizzly River Run, Mulhalland Madness, and Sorin'. Does anyone know for sure?

Quoting Darkbeer: Sorry to inform you, Indy no longer offers a Single Rider pass. Since they changed the queue to require everyone to see the safety film first, even wheelchairs, there was too much abuse, and Disney just cancelled the program at Indy.

I loved that and it was great i still have a single rider pass for indy .. cheep souviner and now cherised momento. Yes Disney still has Single Rider at Splash Mountian at Disneyland and at Disneys California Adventure Soarin Over California, Muhollund Madness, Maliboomer, Grizzly River Run and California Screamin. I just used them all yesterday so it was there yesterday. All the major attractions at Disneyland Resort have Child Swap as far as i know.
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM