View Poll Results: HMH or NO HMH?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep Haunted Mansion Holiday!

63 82.89%
  • No Haunted Mansion Holiday! Be gone with you!

13 17.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by WDI33
    NBC is a nice movie and artisticly amazing. But I'm one of those people who gets turned off to something when its overhyped and pushed down my throat (i.e. Winnie The Pooh). Thats why I think Im so over HMH with Jack, Sally and that Evil Teddy stuff everywhere... And that damn song by lock shock and Barrel... It's worse than small world! I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I will be the brave one and say I dont like HMH and hope they send it to WDW!
    sending it to WDW wouldn't technicaly work since they arn't technicaly engineered exactly the same (even though they visualy look pretty much identical)

I agree on the Lock Shock and Barrel "Kidnap the Sandy Claws" song repeating it doesn't even sound that good o_o

have you downloaded the origional music from Visionsfantastic.com? it's sooo much better it has good variety and doesn't sound repetitive

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries
    I like it better than the regular.
    but it should stay seasonal.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

I think it looks tacky.

• Minion

I love NBC but I thought the overlay was lacking. Too many objects and not enough awesome animatronics like Jack. My friend and I thought the attic room could be changed into Finklestein's laboratory or something. After going on it two years in a row, I'm ready to have the regular one back for the holidays.

• It's all nonsense

I say keep it, but maybe change it a little bit every year. Also I think that they put it in way too early. I understand that they do it before holloween, but the overlay is mainly about christmas right? October is way to early for christmas imo. Mid November would be better in my eyes.

I also feel they should do it in November, but that would be kinda impossible because then it would have to be closed down most of October, and it is kinda wrong for a theme park to have its haunted house atracction (and probably the most well-known) closed down on Halloween. But yeah, when I rode it on October 3rd, It wasn't as close at how special it feels in the Christmas season. That's why it can't be permanent and never will.... You need to have Christmas Spirit to fully enjoy it.

• Why do you keep talking?

I've only had a chance to ride it once, and I liked it. I'm a big fan of the movie so this just makes me happy inside. I can understand it getting old if you go on it every year (especially more then once) so slightly changing it every year would be great.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

I went to disneyland yesturday and asked a cast member if the planned to do it this year. I was told that in order for them to fix up the mansion, they have to get tim burtons signature every year for them to do it. She also said that tim burton said that as long as it stays a "crowed gathering ride" then Jack will continue to take over the mansion and transforn in to the holiday mansion.

• Why do you keep talking?

^ I'm having trouble believing that seeing as the movie was a Touchstone release (Disney) and I don't think they would have given him THAT much power over the characters when creating the movie that early in his career. *shrug* anyone know more about it? That would be intresting if they did.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• I was deleted.

I'm not quite sure what to think of this. I wonder what would happen if they did this at WDW instead of DL? Or maybe just for one year-- like this one because of the 50th? I am actually afraid of Nightmare. I know it is a movie that took a lot of time, work, creativity, etc. but I am just afraid of it! I had to put together the Nightmare fixture in my store and didn't like it. I realize that others do, so yes... keep it seasonal, please!

• JackJackstwin
    I think that it should stay. It attracts a lot of people to the DLR in the Cristmas season.

• wasting time

I thought Should HMH be suspended for the 50th? was the question ?
    Oh wait; that was the pressing question. This is the question.

I got it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12