View Poll Results: HMH or NO HMH?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep Haunted Mansion Holiday!

63 82.89%
  • No Haunted Mansion Holiday! Be gone with you!

13 17.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

HMH or NO HMH, That is the Question

This was brought to my attention at another post. Some people dont LIKE Haunted Mansion Holiday, and feel that the Haunted Mansion should remain unchanged all year long. Im curious how many people feel that way.

I know I have a friend who likes HMH, but feels that the first year score was better then the current score, but how many people feel that HMH should just go away completely and leave this classic attraction unchanged for the holiday season?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I don't feel that way at all! I have only been able to see the first HMH and I was very excited by it. I had not even seen Nightmare and I thought the overlay was very imaginative and entertaining. I don't think it takes away from the attraction as a whole and I really think it adds something special to look forward to at christmas. I think it was a step in the right direction and a smart move for the park.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Banned User

I like the change. It makes you look forward to the next time you come when it will be different.

• I like Cheese...

I like it a lot. As long as it is not a permanent overlay - we look forward to it every year.

• A Little Rabid

I like it... but I am getting tired of it.
    I lurk.

• Just this guy......

I think that HMH is a great overlay and fits the season.

• That's Hawt

I like it a lot but I wish they wouldn't do it this year to celebrate the 50th
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Feel the breeze!

It was a lot of fun! I do agree that it should only be kept for the Holidays though.

Hmm...maybe they can turn Zero gold in one scene for the 50th!

• Resident Science Nerd

I'm one of those people who like HMH more that HM, the overlay is so interesting and entertaining. I'm also very partial to halloween, so I've always been amused by the holiday combo idea.
    I do think it would be nice if WDI continued to evolve the overlay, to add new and interesting things every season or two.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLi
    I'm one of those people who like HMH more that HM, the overlay is so interesting and entertaining. I'm also very partial to halloween, so I've always been amused by the holiday combo idea.
    I do think it would be nice if WDI continued to evolve the overlay, to add new and interesting things every season or two.
    I agree with you.... I like HMH better than the HM... However it gives me a new appreciation for the HM than before... It would be nice to evolve the overlay wouldn't it... I would suppose they have to with some of the changes made to the HM this year...

Ironicly, I like HMH better than the movie Nightmare Before Christmas... But I thought the overlay was particularly clever and whimsical.... And much better than the IASWH overlay...
    Check out my other blog:

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Although I really like HMH, I always look forward to going back to the original version. It's nice to have something different for a while, but I like the details and theme of the original better. That being said, I really like how they seem to either add or change something in HMH every year. And now they've done that to the original too .

• Baybeh!

Keep it. But don't do it this year.

Let Walt's Disneyland shine for the 50th.

• Love!

Variety of the spice of cliche.

I'm not implying that HM or HMH is cliche. It is, by far, my favorite ride in either guise. I just finish out my cliches with the wor d 'cliche.'

Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark
    This was brought to my attention at another post. Some people dont LIKE Haunted Mansion Holiday, and feel that the Haunted Mansion should remain unchanged all year long. Im curious how many people feel that way.

I know I have a friend who likes HMH, but feels that the first year score was better then the current score, but how many people feel that HMH should just go away completely and leave this classic attraction unchanged for the holiday season?
    variety is the spice of life, HMH is nice because it keeps the HM well maintaned and offeres imagineering a chance to make tweaks and changes everytime a switch occurs

I do agree with those who say the origional first year soundtrack was better (admittedly it wasn't much to do with Nightmare before Christmas but this new edited stuff is just way to cut back and doesn't fit as well if you ask me, it lacks the variety the origional score provided)

I say keep the overlay going with new additions and tweaks to both HM and HMH occuring on alternating years for a while (keeping this attraction up to date with the latest effects technology, it's already very amazing )

I would also really apperciate if they brought back the origional soundtrack

my only complaint with HMH is it runs in October (and dispite what some people claim this ISN'T a Halloween ride it is a Christmas ride and very blatantly so HM was much better thematicaly with Halloween and I would like to see Disneyland take some que's from Tokyo and start doing more elaborate Halloween decorating)

• Tour Ready

NBC is a nice movie and artisticly amazing. But I'm one of those people who gets turned off to something when its overhyped and pushed down my throat (i.e. Winnie The Pooh). Thats why I think Im so over HMH with Jack, Sally and that Evil Teddy stuff everywhere... And that damn song by lock shock and Barrel... It's worse than small world! I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I will be the brave one and say I dont like HMH and hope they send it to WDW!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast