Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helping Guests

• Where's Push?

Smile Helping Guests

As a Annual Passholder.. We know the park well and have great insights on what to do and when to do it. I was wondering do you offer advice to other guests, so their visit will be more enjoyable? I did this yesterday and it felt great. Please read on..

Yesterday, I was standing in line to go through security. There was a family behind me who was talking among themselves. I heard them mention to someone on the phone that the rest of their family was waiting by the L. They almost left the line to walk towards Downtown Disney. I then turned to them and asked them, are you looking for the L? And she said yes.. I explained to them it was through security. She then said, oh its inside? I told her no.. This is security.. Then she said, oh this isn't for tickets? I was like oh no.. After that, they started talking among themselves again.. It was obvious it was their first visit to Disneyland. She then looked up and saw the 50th logo hanging on the tent. She then turned to the gentleman she was with and said, I wonder if this park is older than Disneyworld? Me being the Disney freak I am and hate the misconception between the two parks, I turned to her and said this was the original park. She was like, really? Wow.. She then said to me.. Disney should pay you money for giving this information, hehe.. I was like, oh no.. I need no money.. I have the privilege of visiting the park as much as I want and leaving with a smile each time, thats my payment. It was a great feeling giving helpful information to this family.

Then later that same day.. Boy, so much happened yesterday! I was waiting for the 2pm Laughing Stock, Co. show to start. I again, was ease dropping, hehe.. So bad! There was a Mom and Son pair.. They were looking at the schedule.. They were talking about watching Fantasmic. I then scooted myself over to her and said to her..If you want to see Fantasmic, get there early.. She was like, really? I then explained to her how people get there early to get places up front and then I showed her on the Rivers of America where the show would be. I then told her about my favorite spot above Pirates for being the best view of the show. She was happy I gave her this information. Okay, did my good deeds for the week!

I did do one bad thing though.. I told a lady the secret of Push.. When she first asked, I told her I don't like to give it away.. But she explained she was an Annual Passholder and has seen Push multiple times but she could never figure out how it was done.. So, I gave in and told her. I told her to not say anything to the kids.. She promised and played along with her girls who came out of the bathroom at that time. But, I think Push's 'friend' saw me though. He walked past me and glanced at me and I just smiled at him! Sorry, I promise, I won't do it again, hehe!!

So, what do you do? Do you help guests out when they need help?
    Take Care,

Brenda

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

Re: Helping Guests

Yes, I help others out. If I over hear something and I can help, then I do. Being nice to others feels great!!

• Just Me

I have learned that you have to be careful. You don't want to sound like a know-it-all. My fav thing to do is to give away our unused Fast Passes.

• Where's Push?

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey Girl
    I have learned that you have to be careful. You don't want to sound like a know-it-all. My fav thing to do is to give away our unused Fast Passes.
    So true, so true.. I would never do that. I have given hints to other people, not just yesterday. They have all been grateful for the hints. Of course, there might be that one person that will look at me, and who are you?? Thats okay. I don't walk around looking for people to help. I am going about my normal day at Disneyland. And with the Fastpasses.. We have done that numerous times.. My nephew even walked up to family and gave away his Buzz Lightyear fastpass. All though only one fastpass for a group of people.. They probably didn't use it but my nephew felt good about doing that.
    Take Care,

Brenda

• Hooterville, USA

I only give help if someone looks lost. If they've got the map out and can't figure where they are, then I step in. If they ask for my opinion on rides, I give it. Otherwise, I keep it to myself.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

sometimes you can save the first-timers from a bad experience. while in line for space mountain i overheard a middle aged man describe the ride to his first time visiting sister, unfortunatly he mixed together space mountain and screamin'!!
    this lady was totally freakin' at the thought of huge drops in the dark and was starting to bolt the line when i was able to stop her and quietly describe the ride a little better. she calmed down with assurrances of no huge drops, and went on to enjoy the ride.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

I've helped some people out if they need it. Such as one time while waiting in line for BTMR the lady behind me had a screaming child who needed to go to the bathroom but she had no idea where the nearest one was. I couldn't remember whether the one at the Fantasyland Frontierland entrance or the one in Adventureland was closer. I told her to go to the Fantasyland one, but then realized that Adventureland was much closer and felt pretty bad for making her running her all the way when there was a closer one.

•   
    • So fetch

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey Girl
    My fav thing to do is to give away our unused Fast Passes.
    It's nice when people do that. A family gave my brother and me unused fastpasses once. It really made our day.

• Somewhere on Main Street

I try and help out when I can.

When my family and I were at Disneyland for last trip in December, I had 4 people come up to me and ask me questions. It felt good to help them out and I always gave the directions to City Hall for more information. Bad part was, this happened each time I was on the way to the restroom and I really couldn't chat for long!

• Disneyland Fanatic

It's also nice when you are on the receiving end
    Yesterday we were standing in line for Indy and my 6 yr old started chatting with the couple behind us (they were APers)
    She was all excited about the ride and they asked her: have you ever driven the Jeep? she said no and they told her all you have to do is ask..at any ride just tell them you'll wait for the front and it only takes a couple of seconds! Which I though was so nice of them (of course I knew that from reading Micechat LOL)

• Just Me

The first (and last) time I was in line for Monster's Inc. there was a family from the UK behind me in line. Their daughter was all upset, worrying that the ride would be dark and scary. Her folks were having trouble getting her to stay in the line. I looked back at her and reassured her that it would not be a scary ride and that she would enjoy it. Her mother thanked me very sincerly and the girl decided she would try the ride. I saw them when they were exiting and she seemed to have enjoyed herself.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

If I see a family haggling over what to get a fastpass for and being in dismay over it, I let them know all of the ins on how the system works, how they can get fastpasses for Roger no matter what, etc. They are always thrilled when I tell them

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I put on My red Name tag and I walk a round the park, I have A lot of people ask me if I'm disney castmember. I tell no But can I help them?

Most time is how to get there and what time do the show starts.
    One some time been ask (where is the Restroom) Now if I got pay dine eveytime been ask.
    I do eardrop to the right information out.
    Here is new one, I was ask, If I was Disneyland photographer.
    and time been ask to take there picture.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I'll agree with the fact that you kind of have to be discreet about how you offer help. Although I'm not an AP or from the area, I know my way around quite well. About the only thing I offer to people is directions. Offering whether an attraction, show, parade, etc. is good is subjective and I'll usually just say I that I like something, but tell them to try it for themself since everyone doesn't have the same tastes.

However, giving directions did backfire once for me. My family had just got off of POTC and a lady said she needed a bathroom to her boyfriend/husband. I pointed towards to NOS train station and the guy told me that he could read a map and would find it himself. OK, have a nice day, she's lucky to have suck a macho man. Oh well, would I do it again? Absolutely, being nice in my opinion is what makes someone a Disney fan. Plus, for everyone of these people there are 100 that are thankful for the help.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Small Projects Team

Quote Originally Posted by splashmountainfreak
    I've helped some people out if they need it. Such as one time while waiting in line for BTMR the lady behind me had a screaming child who needed to go to the bathroom but she had no idea where the nearest one was. I couldn't remember whether the one at the Fantasyland Frontierland entrance or the one in Adventureland was closer. I told her to go to the Fantasyland one, but then realized that Adventureland was much closer and felt pretty bad for making her running her all the way when there was a closer one.
    There's an even closer one than that one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast