Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: Last place you'd want to be in an electrical failure

Quote Originally Posted by localdisneyfan
    3) Or if they open on the twilight zone floor...and it's pitch black and you have to crawl out.....at night.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeymania
    Wait a second, I thought that floor only existed at WDW because of budget cuts?
    If that's true....then I was REALLY in the Twilight Zone!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Haunted Mansion would be terrifying...but, if I was at the latter part of the graveyard, I'd be able to handle it I think, just because I actually had to walk out of that part once. It was super cool and scary, but I liked it. But if I was in the attic...oh goodness.

Any water ride would freak me out as well...imagine what would happen to the lift if Splash lost all it's power *shudders*

And, thought I'll probably go on neither again, ToT and Screamin' would scare the living crap out of me.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Just for the record ... you can't stall in the loop on screamin ... this thing called gravity.

I would have to say Sun Wheel. I'd hate to be trapped up there.

Oh, well that would make sense. But I thought I had heard stories of people getting stuck upside down on rollarcoasters... Maybe I'm imagining things.

You know, I'd like to get stuck at the top of the Maliboomer. It'd be great to just look around at the view...as long as I knew I'd be getting down relatively soon. I'm sure it's not possible to get stuck at the top of the Maliboomer, though. That dang gravity.

• Senior Minion

I'd say the subs with a rolled up dirty diaper. That would be the ultimate nightmare! If there were no backups, hypothetically. I know Disney has a contigency plan for most of the rides.
    This is just a funny thread!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I don't know of any place I'd be frightened of, even in the dark. I'm also the one with lights on my keychain, to comfort those around me.

I think Indy or the Sun Wheel would be the worst places to be in a power failure.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Official Mice Chat person

I'd hate to be in the stretching room of the haunted mansion... It may turn into a tower of terror of it's own!

• Ok time for cocoa

With the Eli Bridge Ferris Wheels the procedures goes: Release brakes. Wheel rotates so heavest seat is at the bottem. Set brakes, unload guests. Repeat until all seats are empty. Brakes are hydralic and have a hand pump.

As for hanging upside down. In 1998 a shuttle coaster in Belgiem sucked up a hat and stopped at the top of the loop upside down. It took them six hours to get those people down.

I would say monorail is the scarest, but I remember they have a desiel powered track tractor to pull it back.

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick

As for hanging upside down. In 1998 a shuttle coaster in Belgiem sucked up a hat and stopped at the top of the loop upside down. It took them six hours to get those people down.
    That's very scary, but it wasn't the rides fault... and how the heck did a little hat completely hault a train at such a high point going probably pretty fast speeds?

• Disney Nazi

The Sun Wheel on a windy night.

Hanging of the side of the Matterhorn would be pretty horrid.

IASW gives me nightmares in the bright light of day let alone at nigth when the lights go out.

Though the worst would be trapped up on the swinging chairs of the Stinger.
    "Lies make baby Jesus cry!"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Just for the record ... you can't stall in the loop on screamin ... this thing called gravity.

Gregg, you and I are thinking alike, when I saw this thread title, the top of the Sun Wheel was the first place that came to mind. I can think of many places I'd rather try to evacuate from.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Most ferris wheels are balanced enough, that it only takes a crank, and a couple of guys to move it around.

As for a failure, I would not want to be on the POTC lift-hill. It's got that whole awkward factor of those slippery sides.
    -Monorail Man

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

I give up...

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Wholeheartedly agree there.

My girlfriend and I were scared enough in the daytime while the thing was working. Is it just me, or is that the most deceitful ride ever? It looks like an innocent ferris wheel, but man - couldn't they at least include SOMETHING to hold on to? I braved the Tower of Terror, and loved it. Sun Wheel=aiieeee.

Plus, even if you were at the top and it was stationary, it isn't like you could see anything. With the mesh around the outside, it is what one guide described as the 'world's largest chicken coop'.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis
    Wholeheartedly agree there.

My girlfriend and I were scared enough in the daytime while the thing was working. Is it just me, or is that the most deceitful ride ever? It looks like an innocent ferris wheel, but man - couldn't they at least include SOMETHING to hold on to? I braved the Tower of Terror, and loved it. Sun Wheel=aiieeee.

Plus, even if you were at the top and it was stationary, it isn't like you could see anything. With the mesh around the outside, it is what one guide described as the 'world's largest chicken coop'.
    The same thing happened to me - The experience was enough to make me to beg to get off and race back to the safe haven that is the Great Hearth at the GCH. That put me off going on SM a second time (speederscout knows about that one), and there was no way I was stepping foot anywhere near CA Screamin, even though I wanted to go on it.

But as speederscout has said, you'd have to be deluding yourself if for one second you thought that WDI hasn't locked themselves in a board room and come up with a redundant backup to every mechanism that is crucial to the safe running of the attraction.

I.E. The Tower or Terror - OTIS invented the automatic breaking solution in case of power failure or snapped cable IN 1853!

And all Roller coaster breaks are designed to fail safe - IE they are locked when the power is off, not the other way around!

POTC - The ribs on the lift hill lock into ribs on the bottom of the boat - if the power cut, you'd go nowhere.
    Last edited by drnilescrane; 02-22-2006 at 03:27 AM.

• Hey, that's not Rose!

LOL. Watch Final Destination 3 and you might change your mind about that gravity thing.

I AGREE with the Sun Wheel. OMG i screamed on that ride even moving. My bf made me ride in the moving car, and then of course we can't have our own car and get a woman with her 2 kids, and when I said the word crap she flipped out and yelled at me equaling not fun.

I think I would be scared on Splash. God that ride freaks me out anyway. Pirates would suck, cause then you have the fear of drowning in 3 feet of water, and being soaked in nastiness. Jungle Cruise would be freaky if the boat light went out. Indy would be scary cause it's sooooo big in there. Innoventions would be scary if you could not find the door ahhhhh.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast