BPB copied to MGM Studios?

If this is true Im pissed. DCA cant afford to lose one another one of its original attractions. from screamscape.com

Block Party Bash - Rumor - (2/22/06) Screamscape sources tell us everything is still hush hush at this point, but prep work has begun to bring the Block Party Bash parade from California Adventure to the Studios sometime next year. Studies are taking place on how to deal with the larger floats and any possible modifications that may need to be made to the pathways and the parade storage building. One source claims that the new parade may start as early as January 2007

• What have I done?

Re: BPB copied to MGM Studios?

Interesting... not sure if it is fitting though.

"This guy!"

• Rock Star Minion

Maybe it will attract a paying audience there.

Parades should be traded around among the parks. They're mobile, and they get old quickly.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Question: is there any reference to "Cars" in the BPB? Just wondering.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Question: is there any reference to "Cars" in the BPB? Just wondering.
    No, at least, not yet. They could add some floats to it, though, I guess, when it comes out.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    No, at least, not yet. They could add some floats to it, though, I guess, when it comes out.
    I think that would be a good synergy opportunity, spend some advertising dollars in the theme parks (instead of theme park dollars).

• Defeats the Huns

Perhaps DCA is getting a "new" Block Party.... or so the rumor goes.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I heard they were making their own floats for MGM but I have no problem trading them around every other year. As someone said, they get old quickly and remember the one before Parade of Dreams ? ? ? It was SO BORING.

Is Finding Nemo represented in Block Party Bash, I've never seen it live, but pictures have shown Flik and the bug's life crew, The Incredibles , Monsters, Inc, and Toy Story, but if at MGM they did a whole a show with all of them..

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

Nemo is the only Pixar movie not represented in BPB.

I really hope MGM doesn't get BPB. Call me jealous, but I'm tired of WDW siphoning off the successes of DCA. It doesn't have that many, can't they steal from something more successful?

It just seems lately that California Adventure is just a testing ground for attractions for Disney World. If it doesn't work, fine, but if it does: cloning time!

Quote Originally Posted by jepple
    Nemo is the only Pixar movie not represented in BPB.

I really hope MGM doesn't get BPB. Call me jealous, but I'm tired of WDW siphoning off the successes of DCA. It doesn't have that many, can't they steal from something more successful?

It just seems lately that California Adventure is just a testing ground for attractions for Disney World. If it doesn't work, fine, but if it does: cloning time!

could not agree more. what are they thinking? they should know that people are saying "well they dont have much at that california adventure park. and what they do have, Ive already experienced, so lets just skip it."

its time for DCA to have original attractions. disney seems to have stupid people working for them if u ask me.

• The one, the only...

I think it just shows a lack of creativity on the part of Disney management. If something works, it is then cloned to death everywhere until everyone is sick of it. Remember Millionaire.

I don't think it will work well at DMGM because they don't have as wide as area to perform. I think that a parade with stops is really not novel. It is the energy of the performers that make BBB work so well, not the concept.

Orlando is filled with retirees and not college students. To get enough performers to duplicate BBB it would seriously reduce available young people for other activities, like trash collection. So when you see that old man or woman picking up trash at WDW, you will know why.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!